Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
A question of "semi-3D" racing sprites
Exclamation 
This is a question on spriting, so i guess it goes here?

Well anyway, it's a quick question : when ripping sprites from a "semi-3D"racing game (when the sprite is bigger as you get closer), do you have to post all sizes of it? (from smallest up?)
c e r t i f i e d   m e m e l o r d .
>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCM0jv_z...IciomDGEmQ << you should check this out
Thanked by:
What game exactly?
Doofenshmirtz: This is a little bit awkward but have you seen my escape jet keys? (Perry nods) What, you have? Well that's great! So where are they? (Perry looks away) You won't tell me? Is this because you don't speak or are you just being a jerk?
~Phineas and Ferb, "One Good Scare Ought to Do It!" (2008)
Thanked by:
Usually in these kind of "semi-3D" racing games, the sprites are scaled by the game's code, and don't actually have the sprites at all those different sizes. You should only rip the sprite at it's normal size, although if you're hard-ripping then it could be difficult to find it like that.

As Deathbringer said though, if you could tell us which game that might help.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:
Indeed; certain games do have several different distances of sprite though, take F-Zero for example.
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by:
(12-21-2013, 04:50 AM)Dazz Wrote: Indeed; certain games do have several different distances of sprite though, take F-Zero for example.
the games i'll do it for are F-1 : Built to Win, Taito Grand Prix (JP only), and GBC game test drive Le Mans.
>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCM0jv_z...IciomDGEmQ << you should check this out
Thanked by:
I had to look those games up. Since they're on rather primitive platforms, the smaller sprites are not hardware scaled effects but specifically made sprites. So yes, you would need to rip the smaller sprites.
Doofenshmirtz: This is a little bit awkward but have you seen my escape jet keys? (Perry nods) What, you have? Well that's great! So where are they? (Perry looks away) You won't tell me? Is this because you don't speak or are you just being a jerk?
Thanked by: Quirby64, puggsoy
(12-21-2013, 04:16 PM)Deathbringer Wrote: I had to look those games up. Since they're on rather primitive platforms, the smaller sprites are not hardware scaled effects but specifically made sprites. So yes, you would need to rip the smaller sprites.

ahh,i see.
thank you! ^^
*thanks post*

So, in terms where your car is not used by other players, I can just rip the car in it's one level?
Thanked by:
It might take a while considering how many frames you car uses as opposed to the opponents.
Thanked by:
(12-21-2013, 09:51 PM)Deathbringer Wrote: It might take a while considering how many frames you car uses as opposed to the opponents.

i did some testing..NPC cars have 7 frames,so i ripped a VW bug/beetle.
[Image: f1btwvwbug_by_quirbstheepic-d6yyvs3.png]
Thanked by: