Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Pixel art/Customs [Criticism appreciated]
I've been using tSR for a couple of years now, yet I only recently made an account. I've made quite a few pieces of pixel art yet I've recently started trying out spriting.

Here's the pixels/sprites which I'd prefer get criticism:
[Image: R9bVRGL.gif]
[Image: LIjz4us.png]

And here are some other examples of what I can do (Even though I'm not after criticism for these pieces) :
[Image: gNk578B.png]
[Image: ZDd2JFA.png]
[Image: b8aGy4T.png]
[Image: vrMKbMb.png]
[Image: ocdven6.png]

P.S: As you can probably tell, I quite like using monochromatic colours and palettes.
I also apologize for not all of the images having transparency. :C
Thanked by:
One thing I seem to notice is that some sprites have been lazily scribled all over them, the black cat being a prime example of that. Avoid that, it looks ugly.

While the rest looks very nice, it lacks polishing. Try fixing jaggies, adding antialiasing, etc. Overall, not bad Smile
(01-24-2014, 07:52 AM)Gors Wrote: those are really fucking classy surnames you've got there

[Image: tumblr_npvw95As6k1tzzv2wo1_540.gif]
Thanked by: Sketchasaurus
The mouse and style look very familiar to me. You wouldn't hapen to know Chip Caramel, would you?
Thanked by:
Since you want C+C on the first two sprites, I'll spend my time criticizing the second piece (which is bigger and thus, more showing of your capabilities.

[Image: LIjz4us.png]

i am not familiar with the character, but its snout seems kinda 'flat' at the side, usually snouts project outward quite noticeably so you should do that instead of treating it as a flat surface with a nose in the middle

there are a bunch of jaggies on the tail and foot, shading and its left arm looks weird

you can also find some lone pixels which are distracting, remove them in order to optimize it

the feather on top of its head also seems misplaced or pending to one side, idk if you wanted to place it in the middle of his forehead or something
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by: