Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Secret Santa!
Heeeey VGR!

I'm here to bring some Christmas Spirit™ into the lands! That's right - it's Secret Santa Time!

Certainly most of you know what it is all about, but for those of you who're new to it and those who share my bad memory (Bill Gates was wrong when he said that 640k were enough for everyone), I'll explain the deal!
For Secret Santa, every participant will have to make a gift for another participant (sounds familiar, right). Those gifts can range from sprites over drawings to music and animations, they could even be a story, poem or game - anything goes that'll make the receiver happy! (Keep it save for work though - the forum rules apply, haha)

Here's the schedule!

Signup phase (until 6th December):
Post in this thread that you'd like to join the fun and want to make a christmas present for a fellow VGRian! You can also post a list of your interests as a hint so whoever gets to make you a present knows what you'd like! That could be your favourite video games, movies, books, food - anything that could help your Santa!

By signing up for Secret Santa, you make a promise to create a present - don't break that promise!

Manufactoring process (7th to 22nd December):
Once sign-ups are over, every participant will receive a PM telling them who they have to make a gift for. You've got two weeks to create something and send it to Chief Santa Previous so he can deliver them on Christmas! So check your recipient's list of hints and interests and come up with something cool to make them happy. It doesn't have to be big and fancy, but it shouldn't be nothing either - put some effort into it!
Don't forget to send in your gift in time!

Jolly Joy Day (~24th December (Christmas Eve)):
Presents will be handed out on Christmas! Don't miss the fun or you might, uh, miss something!

Don't forget, it's all about fun! Let us all have a great Christmas this year, alright?

Participants!

alexmach1 (wish list)
Baegal (wish list)
Crappy Blue Luigi (wish list)
Demonlemon (wish list)
E-Man (wish list)
Gors (wish list)
Guy (wish list)
Hiyna S. Blackfeather (wish list)
Kitsu (wish list)
Major Major Major Major (wish list)
Neweegee (wish list)
Omega (wish list)
Phantom Killah (wish list)
Ploaj (wish list)
puggsoy (wish list)
recolorking (wish list)
[robo9] (wish list)
Sengirbug (wish list)
Sevenstitch (wish list)
Tellis (wish list)
Tom Guicote (wish list)
Trollerskates (wish list)
Yes please

I like

- my refs, Greenguin and OHSNAPple respectively
-Candy of all sorts
-NES and SNES Games of all sorts
-snow; including but not limited to Snowmen, Snowballs, Snowcones, Ice fishing, icicles, other fun things involving snow or snow related activities
-all of you~

I can't wait to give (and receive)
[Image: 22610_s.gif]

Thanked by: Previous
Sweet, sign me up.

This is just a list I made off the top of my head of my current immediate interests. It's mainly if you need some ideas for what to make, by no means does it have to be related to anything I listed Wink

Can't wait for this to get started!
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
(11-30-2013, 06:03 PM)Previous Wrote: Bill Gates was wrong when he said that 640k were enough for everyone

I know how you feel bro #RobotProbs

But I'd like to sign up. My interests include:
•My ref
•Mother Russia
•The Macho Man Randy Savage
•The Blues Brothers
•Smash Bros
•Pokemon G/S/C
•Long, romantic walks on the beach
[Image: 803ce84258.gif]
Thanked by: puggsoy, Previous
Sign me up!! I missed Halloween, so I'll be sure to make up for it this time around `u`

Alright, Interests! (Will be updated until December 7th)

My Ref (Which is found here.) It's also my avatar.
Pokemon! My favorite games are Sapphire version and Y. I really love Hoenn, and have been very impressed by gen VI (although I, II, and V are also really good.)
Normal types are my favorite.
Favorite pokemon include (but not limited to):
Ludicolo, Dedenne, Zigzagoon, Spinda, Snorlax, Farfetch'd, Murkrow and Honchkrow,
Wobuffet, Reuniclus, Scraggy and Scrafty, Inkay and Malamar, Mawile, Spritzee,
the Togepi line, Dragonite, and Goomy.

Homestuck! (this) Favorite characters include John, Jade, Rose, Roxy, Kanaya, Terezi, Tavros, Aranea, and WV.
Sonic (preferably Genesis era)--I really like Classic Eggman, Rouge, Knuckles, Sonic, and Big. Sonic 3 and Knuckles is my favorite game, and I love Hydrocity zone.
MOTHER/Earthbound--I can't choose between MOTHER 3/Earthbound, but I definitely prefer Ness. I like Earthbound's characters more (Jeff, Dungeon Man, etc.), but Mother 3's world and story is also amazing.
◘ My favorite movies are UP, Office Space, and Napoleon Dynamite.
◘ I've been studying Japanese for 5 years now if it helps with anything
WarioWare--Really anything pertaining to it `u`
Katamari Damacy--Na naaaaaaa na na na na naaa naaaa naaaaaa na KATAMARI DAMACY

Yay `u`
much excite
[Image: OH4K4jX.gif] [Image: R7WBBzo.gif] [Image: TsJpssj.gif]
-----------------------[Love]-----------------------
I would like to sign up too. This will be my first participation in a tVGR event Big Grin

My interests are:
My ref (He's an otter.. wears goggles sometimes)
Vocaloid(Rin & Len are my favorite)
Puyo Puyo(Yu & Rei)
Pokemon(Pichu and Chikorita)
Sign me up!

Interests include but are not limited to:
My refs [Sankari and Trollerskates]
Sonic
Mario
Ace Attorney
Disney stuffs
Professor Layton
Ghost Trick

My refs:
who is santa's true identity

what is he hiding
Do want.

My reference is in the Love thread, its basically just Tom Guycot from Clash at Demonhead

Video Game related interests:

-Clash at Demonhead, Little Samson and Cocoron are three of my favorite games
-Obscure, sometimes borderline bad games
-DARK SOULS (And Demons' Souls)
-Guilty Gear and BlazBlue
-Dynasty Warriors series
-Mega Man X and Zero series
-Scribblenauts
-Early Final Fantasy games, favorite is 6
-Nintendo stuff, favorite is Kirby and Donkey Kong, runners up would be Zelda and Metroid
-Castlevania

TV and Movies:

-Flapjack, Chowder, Adventure Time and Regular Show
-Fullmetal Alchemist
-Attack on Titan
-Most Ghibli movies, my favorites are Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away and Porco Rosso
-Don Bluth films (mostly early ones)
-Stupid Adult Swim shows (especially old ones like Sealab)

Characters:

-Nito, as well as Ornstein and Smough from Dark Souls
-Wrath from Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
-Ganon from Legend of Zelda
-Bowser from Mario
-Marx and Meta Knight from Kirby
-Weil from Mega Man Zero

Concepts:
-I love game making software like Mutlimedia Fusion and GameMaker, and thus games made in them
-Skeletons
-Art, including Mixed Media and Sculpture in addition to drawings and 3D modeling
-Game concepts
-Concepts in general
-Concepts

I have a hard time coming up with lists like these because my interests become so diverse. This should give whoever a good starting point at least.
Thanked by: Previous, puggsoy
I've seen this event happen from time to time, so I might give it a shot.

I'm not sure if I'm ready to reveal what I would like to receive, but I'm always up for completing other people's requests for fun.

EDIT: Okay then! I may as well tell you what I would like.

For my big gift, I would like it if you guys did a sprite sheet of Anju (of the Zelda games) in the style of Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 3. I have a few… Interesting pose requests I would like on the sheet, so I think I would like to discuss them in a PM or something to avoid anything awkward.

Of course, feel free to use my character, E-Man, for something I might find appealing. Please don't go overboard and/or stray too much from the character, okay?

http://www.vg-resource.com/showthread.ph...#pid534377
(02-27-2014, 07:31 PM)Gors Wrote: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SUCK. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHOW YOUR SUCKY ART. I think this needs to go noticed to everyone, because sucking is not failing. Sucking is part of the fun of learning and if you don't suck, then you won't own at pixelart

it's ok to suck, sucking is not bad, just try and aim to always do your best!
Thanked by:
Sign me up!

Why not?

Name: Omega

Likes: My character in da sig, Nintendo games, super heroes, animation
[Image: JSW7XoM.png][Image: M9AUckK.png]
Okay, signing up for free stuff making people happy

My Ref: http://puu.sh/3U8tx.png (some older versions are available in my sig, too)

Also Neoxis (just another OC): http://puu.sh/5q4Qf

+ Robots
+ Cute scooters
+ Magical Girls
+ Turn-based and racing video games
+ Games I haven't made yet (that's not helpful)
+ "Simplistic" game stuff (e.g. chiptune music, too-low-def pixelart, low-poly models with clean textures)
okiedoke

-bob dylan
-puns
-the oz books
-mockups that might involve sengirbug and bob dylan walking down the yellow brick road making puns
Thanked by: puggsoy, Previous
Meeeeeeee
Ghost ghouls goblins skeletons vampires (the not romantic kind) werewolves (the not romantic kind) zombies robots glass light frogs lightbulbs singing music colors paint books happy things night time foods of all varieties mythology theatre
I will update with more things possibly.
[Image: Little_lamp_in_dark_room.jpg]