Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
VGResource Pokédex Project: DESIGN
Here in the DESIGN topic we try to make a concept design and eventually final artwork for the ideas we came up with in the IDEA PITCH topic. Post pictures of what the Pokemon will look like. Since we are working together multiple people are allowed to draw up or add and change things that other people have done. Don't be afraid to critique other people's work.

Here is the current list of ideas we have:

GRASS STARTER: Kiwi
FIRE STARTER: Tiger
WATER STARTER: Marine Iguana

Thanked by:
I feel that the evolutionary stages should be:
Kiwi
Emu
Cassowary

And the design should be based on shrubs and such.
I believe in Jesus Christ, if you do also, post this as your sig.
Matthew 10: 32-33

"32 Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. 33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven."
Thanked by:
[Image: 2w3apfl.jpg]

This is what I thought up, idk.
Thanked by:
So, this is a custom Pokemon thing?
[Image: k0OsVum.png][Image: NXpkf1V.gif][Image: psychicspacecow.png]
Thanked by:
(11-30-2013, 03:09 PM)psychospacecow Wrote: So, this is a custom Pokemon thing?
Read the other thread

Here's my design:
[Image: rrC0UWZ.png]

I already have a slightly different one in mind, so I may post another one in the future.
The fruit will show up in later evolutions!
[Image: OH4K4jX.gif] [Image: R7WBBzo.gif] [Image: TsJpssj.gif]
-----------------------[Love]-----------------------
Thanked by: psychospacecow, Zadaben
I do like Baegal's design.

"32 Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. 33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven."
Thanked by: Baegal
I will say that I like your design but, even for a grass pokemon, it feels like it almost has too much green going on. Idk, I feel like Chespin had a nice balance going on with the brown and green. I'm not saying that this one should be brown, but idk, just something to think about I guess.
Thanked by:
(11-30-2013, 06:40 PM)Baegal Wrote:
(11-30-2013, 03:09 PM)psychospacecow Wrote: So, this is a custom Pokemon thing?
Read the other thread

Much apology, I can help out.
Thanked by:
[Image: rZI17k1.jpg]

How is this?
Thanked by:
(11-30-2013, 09:07 PM)Chaoxys Wrote: I will say that I like your design but, even for a grass pokemon, it feels like it almost has too much green going on. Idk, I feel like Chespin had a nice balance going on with the brown and green. I'm not saying that this one should be brown, but idk, just something to think about I guess.
The colors can be tweaked--I wasn't really confident with them.
I think dulling the green on the body would fix it, though. Treecko and Bulbasaur were pretty much green. To me, I think the actual colors can work (as in the lighter green, darker green, and red/pink); it's just they need to be tweaked more to a pokemon palette.

Oh hey I forgot the leaves on the back in the front view : O
Do you think it should have them or not?
Thanked by:
Yeah I think it should have them. Since Kiwis don't have wings (I think?) I could see it and it's evolutions having leaf like wings. It could make for an interesting design when the evos come about.

As for the color, a different shade of green could work. I mainly mentioned brown since it was the first thing to come to mind.
Thanked by: Baegal
I was thinking maybe the Kiwi should have similar colors to the Kiwi fruit?

Thanked by:
I used Baegal's design for the color

[Image: Kiwi1_zps7dbbd961.png]

The color representatives are brown is the outside of the Kiwi color, the Yellow Green is the Inside, the Bulb of the flower is the core, and the black is the seeds

Maybe the all green one could be the shiney, because I also like the green one.

I tried before to get the Kiwi color but really didn't have any luck Very Sad
I can think of the design but for some reasons I can never picture the colors. I'll mess around with it a little more, but Mutantyoshi has a great start.
Thanked by:
Maybe it's just me, but it's head feels a bit... idk, incomplete. Can we try adding something to the top of it's head? Idk, maybe a bud or even a little tuft of hair/feathers?
Thanked by: