Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
What do you want for Christmas?
It's now after midnight, meaning that it's now officially Black Friday, meaning that it's now officially the first day of the Christmas season!

What are you nerds wishing for this year?
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
I made a rather long list of stuff so that my family would have a lot to choose from and not feel pressured into buying any particularly specific thing, seeing as I'm not too difficult to please during the holidays as far as gifts go. I asked for a lot of boring stuff, but here's the more nerdy things.

A retro gaming system, because I'm lazy and don't like to hook up so many systems
A Reproduction cart of Cocoron, made for the NES
Dark Souls art book, which wouldn't arrive by christmas, but whatever
Hyrule Historia
Yoshitaka Amano art books for Final Fantasy
Berserk Manga, which I only reached volume 15
Attack on Titan manga, because I saw the show and became interested

I didn't ask for any specific games, because what usually ends up happening around the holidays is several of my closer friends buy me mostly random, but more recent games I'm into, and one year two people got me the Ico/Shadow of Colossus collection, so I didn't ask for any from my direct family for specifically that reason. However, I did say that if someone wanted to they could buy me random older games. I:
Thanked by:
Let's see...

Super Mario 3D World
Sonic Lost World
The Wonderful 101
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between World

Money for Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (day 1 purchase)

Thanked by:
We don't celebrate Christmas so I don't really have anything in mind. For the sake of the thread though here's a small list off the top of my head:
  • A Wii U
  • $20 Steam Wallet
  • A better laptop
  • Meeting a good online friend irl
The last might actually happen so Smile
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:
I couldn't really ask for much. I got my car this year, a 2004 Mazda rx8, so my year's already pretty good, though I wouldn't complain if I got cs6 for Photoshop.
[Image: k0OsVum.png][Image: NXpkf1V.gif][Image: psychicspacecow.png]
Thanked by:
A job

In all seriousness I'd like more games for my 2DS and Wii U.
Thanked by: Viiper
Nothing materialistic...I would like a job, or perhaps an influx of commissioners, so I can start saving up money for next semester.
[Image: tamerkoh.gif?9][Image: DevBanner.png][Image: Youtube.gif]DLBROOKS33
Thanked by:
I'll be honest, I have no idea.

No idea whatsoever.
Thanked by:
3D World!
Link between worlds!
maybe a computer!

I don't know...
[Image: 1lYIpk9.gif] GET THESE MEMES OFF THE TABLE! -Hiyna
http://www.twitch.tv/hiynastrike live when I feel like it... You just gotta get lucky
[Image: xG4BaYw.gif]

Also Love Stuff

Hey Look! I support stuff!
Thanked by:
I'd say a 3DS or with less enthusiasm a Wii U, but those are pretty pricey and I just bought a new computer to play games on. So maybe just games from my Steam wishlist. Other than that, I guess music, comics, and clothes. (if I get to pick them) Maybe some good tea or something.
Thanked by:
Thanked by:
(11-29-2013, 12:56 AM)Tom Guicote Wrote: Attack on Titan manga, because I saw the show and became interested

i actually read the manga before watching the anime and trust me, i'd rather watch the anime any day over the manga

the mangaka has like no idea how to draw, and you know those first three episodes or something prior to the main cast becoming teenagers (where they're, you know, kids)

the mangaka draws them as like, teenagers with little midget bodies.

also, the manga is SO HARD TO FOLLOW in comparison to the anime. ):
i'm serious, the anime totally blows the manga out of the water (and i really don't like watching anime to begin with - usually i read the manga first. this is like, the opposite situation lol)
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by:
Believe it or not, that's actually WHY I'm interested. I'm immensely curious to see what his art is like after hearing about it.
Thanked by:
I want everyone to have a wonderful Christmas. That's a pretty good Christmas gift, in my mind.

I don't really want anything else. I would say a boyfreind, but I doubt I'm going to find one gift-wrapped underneath the tree on Christmas day, so the first thing is more realistic, I think.
[Image: 2003-02-20.gif]
(11-30-2013, 12:55 AM)Tom Guicote Wrote: Believe it or not, that's actually WHY I'm interested. I'm immensely curious to see what his art is like after hearing about it.

...oh, my post was written with the opposite intention. damn you ):

I'd like VGR to have a holiday theme this Christmas :')
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by: