Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Poll: Nintendo vs. Sony vs. Microsoft
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Nintendo
100.00%
15 100.00%
Sony
0%
0 0%
Microsoft
0%
0 0%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

CONSOLE WARS!
I'm arguing with my friends about Nintendo vs. Sony vs. Microsoft. I'm on the side of Nintendo. Your thoughts? (don't comment on the fact that Sony and Microsoft do more than video games)
[Image: rHiHaRN.jpg]
Thanked by:
moving to gaming discussion
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by:
Okay… To state my opinion, even though I've always been a Nintendo fan, I actually hold a lot of respect for Sony. If you played games like Spyro (the first three games), Jak & Daxter, and Ratchet & Clank, you I'm sure you'll agree why Sony is a competent rival for Nintendo.

By the way, forgive me for even bringing this up, but why do you often start off your more recent topics with "I'm arguing with with my fiends about (insert something here)?" Are you saying this because you and your friends tend to argue a lot (I'd say you look into other friends if that's the case), or are you trying to use one of the most generic ways to start any old forum topic since you can't think of any better ones? Besides, I don't mean for this to be impolite, but ever since you got a negative reputation mark and you posted a topic where you asked what you must do to boost your reputation, you've been acting pretty strange.
(02-27-2014, 07:31 PM)Gors Wrote: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SUCK. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHOW YOUR SUCKY ART. I think this needs to go noticed to everyone, because sucking is not failing. Sucking is part of the fun of learning and if you don't suck, then you won't own at pixelart

it's ok to suck, sucking is not bad, just try and aim to always do your best!
Thanked by:
Nintendo. I could make a huge explanatory post about what I like and don't like about each company, but to put it simply; Nintendo gave me Professor Layton and the Mario & Luigi RPGs.

Again, maybe this thread should have a poll.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:
Poll added again.

Quote:are you trying to use one of the most generic ways to start any old forum topic since you can't think of any better ones
Yep thats pretty much it Shy (plus in a few minutes i'm going to post the links and make these sisiter threads)
And well... strange how?
And about the negitive rep, I feel a little Embarassed about it and ive been trying to earn a GOOD rep.
Thanked by:
Well, keep trying! As long as you listen to the advice of others, I'm sure you'll get somewhere.
(02-27-2014, 07:31 PM)Gors Wrote: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SUCK. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHOW YOUR SUCKY ART. I think this needs to go noticed to everyone, because sucking is not failing. Sucking is part of the fun of learning and if you don't suck, then you won't own at pixelart

it's ok to suck, sucking is not bad, just try and aim to always do your best!
Thanked by: Joxon
Thanks. I'll listen to your advice about listening to advice.Smile
Thanked by:
Sega 2014.
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Aren't we going to need more choices now? Steam Box/Valve anyone =3?
[Image: tamerkoh.gif?9][Image: DevBanner.png][Image: Youtube.gif]DLBROOKS33
Thanked by:
Not sure if that really counts. From what I understand, Steam Machines are little more than a PC with Valve's own Linux distribution. I'm pretty sure the controller plugs into USB and you can hook up a mouse and keyboard if you prefer. Rather than a proper console, Steam Machines seem simply to be a convenience option for people who want to play Steam games in a living room environment.

Besides, if it was a choice we all know it'd win hands down Wink
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:
The X-Box runs on a modified version of Windows, so I don't see why that would be a console if Steam Machine isn't.
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by: puggsoy
Oh right, I didn't know. I guess that might qualify it then.

I think the main reason I don't see it as a traditional console is because it's basically a computer running Steam. The fact that it's designed as a console doesn't really change it too much, the only difference is the controller (which I think you can plug into any computer iirc). So if that counts, then we may as well just count computers as a whole.

The XBox and other consoles also tend to have exclusive games or features. Obviously Steam Machines aren't out yet and I don't know any details, but as far as I know it's supposed to function pretty much exactly like Steam's Big Picture mode. Again, no real difference or exclusivity. The only thing I can think of is that it will only run Linux-compatible games.
Thanked by:
Wait, so is there more companies to add? If so could you list them?
Thanked by:
Nintendo is a much more "old-school" developer. They started with sprites, and even nowadays you can rarely see them still using a sprite here or there. On the other hand, Sony and Microsoft are much more modern developers. I don't think I've EVER seen them use pixel art aside from some early PS1 stuff. What I'm trying to say is...You couldn't have asked a more biased audience on what their favorite developer is. XD
Thanked by:
they're all bad

go play turbografx
Thanked by: puggsoy, Marth