Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Project S.Q.U.I.R.E.
S.Q.U.I.R.E is a game project I, Dex/MR21, have been working on in the past month I guess. I need spriters to help, and maybe a few level designers and a programmer or two, if anyone wishes to help. I spent a long time fumbling this stuff around my desktop until I pieced in together into a storyline:

The Intro, read by Dex's mentor at the beginning of the game:

Quote:The year is 2037. The world has become a desolate place of destruction and war. Death encircles our planet, hopelessly ravaged by the S.Q.U.I.R.E. army, led by their vicious leader, Nero Stormcross. It all began in 2032, however. Years earlier, a gargantuan asteroid was spotted looming somewhere in space, in a line straight towards earth some years later. At first, people thought nothing about it, like it was but a minor threat and that it would pass by unnoticed. They were wrong.

The asteroid was indicated to be traveling towards earth in a direct impact line in 2025, and scientists all around the world began working together to try and stop the disastrous asteroid from harming the world. Scientist Nero Stormcross then arose from the picture and introduced his invention, his "lovechild", called the Noxis, to be launched into space. His theory was that the Noxis would create a sort of "vortex" effect, and, in a principle similar to how a black hole works, would destroy the asteroid and suck up the pieces in order to keep earth same from the aftermath of the explosion.

And it worked. The asteroid was destroyed, and earth was saved. Nero won all sorts of prizes and awards, and his fame skyrocketed off the charts, becoming known as "The Man who Saved the World." But his fame was shortlived. Nero's power and fame corrupted his smart, heroic mind, and he then began to think that everyone should be like him, that everyone should be a heroic genius.

That was when his idea for a one world order came into play- the S.Q.U.I.R.E., or the Sononeuclionic Quindonic Urerthrum Ionic Robotic Entities. These words, made for the therum Nero had created the Noxis, became used more powerfully, along with the tons of new scientific advancements that had been created.

Then, in a scary turn of events, thousands of humans, innocently, were killed in an attempt to show the world what Nero wanted- humans dead, or S.Q.U.I.R.E. alive. Millions submitted to his new world order, thinking they could use an upgrade to the "inferior minds" that they now possesed. But Nero's S.Q.U.I.R.E. design wasn't just a mere brain-enhancer, it was a whole new body for the person who possesed it.

Then, The Resistance was formed. Dex, our hero, had been living peacefully until Nero's outbreak, and they had went into hiding and joined The Resistance. The Resistance fought back for a few years, when Dex was young, still in hiding underground. But the safety encampment of the Resistance was found and destroyed by the S.Q.U.I.R.E. And Dex saw it all- his parents transformed, his brother slaughtered, and his best friend fighting by his side. The end was near, however, and the battle was almost won by the S.Q.U.I.R.E. A lazer from an oncoming Sweeper robot caught Dex offguard and he was brought to the ground, only hearing his best friend's voice saying, "You'll be safe..."

This is where our story begins.

DEX

[Image: mr21idlene0.gif]
Idle

[Image: mr21twohairga5.gif]
Walking

[Image: avatar_23.gif]
Running

[Image: 005zp7.gif]
Jump

[Image: 004fq3.gif]
Skid

[Image: mr21hurtiw9.gif]
Hit/Hurt

[Image: mr21uppercut2kr9.gif]
Uppercut

[Image: mr21piledrivexs4.gif]
Piledriver/Spike

[Image: wipdivinelazercu4.gif]
Energy Eruption

[Image: squriecannonve0.gif]
SQUIRE Cannon

[Image: squirebladecombohelmetesi1.gif]
SQUIRE Blade

[Image: dexdash.gif]
Dash

Enemies

[Image: sweeperoc5.png]
Sentry, Spinwheel, and Sweeper

[Image: rabbitmv2.gif]
Bunny

[Image: giswezr4.gif]
Cyborg Wheeler

[Image: slimezn2.gif]
Slime

[Image: growgreuz4.gif]
Growlger

<b>Bosses</b>

[Image: beebossgl3.gif]
Bee

[Image: squirephagenq1.png]
Bacteriophage by Phage himself!

Backgrounds

[Image: tilesdh3.png]
Forest

[Image: technoah6.png]
Robo

[Image: spaceshipnw4.png]
Dothas Spaceship

[Image: newcity2to9.png]
City

[Image: sewertypebackgroundpi8.png]
Sewer

[Image: jump060ch7.png]
S.Q.U.I.RE Labs

[Image: 19087287vw2.png]
Warehouse

[Image: ancientforestlj3.png]
Ancient Forest

[Image: undertheseaxz9.png]
Under the Sea
Thanked by:
Love it! The style is really awesome, and animates really well. Great job!
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by:
The backgrounds are amazingly made. Love them.
XBL: ZRDragoon - PSN: Zubodybop - Steam: XDNESS
[Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
I love the story and Dex sprites. It sound cool.
Thanked by:
Thanks, all three of you.
Dazz, the sprite in your avatar is great, by the way.
Thanked by:
I'm going to be honest with you. Your sprites are pretty tight. I've worked on a few games before now. Send me a PM if you want, And I'm down to sprite some more enemies. I could use the practice.
[Image: forumsiggie1dw4.jpg]
Thanked by:
PM me a few examples of your work and sure, if your good enough and can sprite the style. Smile
Thanked by:
I love how you shaded the helmet on Space Suit Dex.
Thanked by:
Nice work! I hope the next update ^^
Thanked by:
Thanks.
Thanked by:
I love the style. He kinda looks like a nun in his Squire clothing though. I like how the animation is very clean. The bunny enemy seems quite cute all in its self. Keep up the good work~
M A C H I N E G U N
         ⌒°。>◡<)⌒°
             /_▄︻し┻┳═一(いち)(いち)  ┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨
[Image: tumblr_mr2bjoHi1v1qh8espo1_400.gif][Image: NfIxSTK.gif]
Thanked by:
A nun? Well I guess I can work on it, it wasn't final by any means.
Thanks, thanks.
Thanked by:
Looking awesome so far, I really like the background
[Image: smugnificent.gif]
[Image: GiantPKMN4.gif]
Thanked by:
Reminds me of Kid Chameleon, a game for the Genesis. Especially the background/tile style.

Awesome work. Brings back ALOT of nostalgia.
Thanked by:
Update! New background!

[Image: technosf0.png]
Thanked by: