Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
why do My sprite look distorted
Every time i rip a sprite or create one in photoshop they always get distortet every i try using them flash . Is there another way to go about this cause i did searchs on the net and they tellin me this software that software i need something solid to work with...... HELP NEEDED BEFORE I GO MAD
Thanked by:
Well I don't know for sure how you are saving your Photoshop files, but odds are what you are talking about is Flash vectorizing the images. You should post a screen capture of what you are talking about.
Thanked by:
Or use Microsoft Paint. Photoshop isn't made to work with sprites or pixel-level images, while MS Paint is. It's also simpler to use and it's easy to save things as perfect-quality .PNG files.
If you can't find a solution I'd suggest using Paint cause it comes with Windows.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
Or, you could download Paint.NET. It's got some of the Photoshop tools, but far to my experience, doesn't cause any sort of distortion.

There are also some other things you might want to keep in mind if you're trying to import sprites from Photoshop or any other paint program to Flash. Don't copy and paste between the two programs because Flash is NOT a huge fan of selections being pasted from other programs. Use import to stage or library instead.

[Image: 4hd0gl.png]

After that, open your library and double click the file you imported from Photoshop and make sure the compression is set to Lossless. It should get rid of any distortion or .jpeg fuzziness that appears to be the default for any files imported from Photoshop.

[Image: n3lwy0.png]
Currently working on:

Mega Man Zero 2-4
Bosses

Picross Nintendo Power Vol. 1-8
Animated Picross

Ranma 1/2: Chounai Gekitou Hen
Misc Stuff
Backgrounds
Characters

Ranma 1/2 Hard Battle
Cutscenes
Misc Stuff

Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan
Levels

Elite Beat Agents
Intermissions
Menus

Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier
Overworld & Battle Sprites
Portraits

Magical Drop III
Drops/Balloon Sprites
Competition Mode Sprites
Thanked by: puggsoy
Thank you for the good information..Thanks for sharing...
Thanked by:
Necropost, and you look like a spambot so I'm just gonna go ahead and ban ya.

Locked.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by: