Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Possible to Rip N3DS Sprites through N2DS
Question 
Do you think it'll be possible to rip Nintendo 3DS sprites and graphics through the Nintendo 2DS system?
Thanked by:
You could theoretically rip 3ds sprites through one of those video capture cards you can get spliced into your hardware (doing screenshot rips anyways, which are rather unreliable). Otherwise, unless the 2ds provides some sort of special insight into 3ds emulation, I don't see it likely improving the possibility of ripping from 3ds games.
Thanked by:
also wrong forum, please make question threads in the Questions forum. Moving.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
I'm sorry. Sad

I just wanted to know about something.
Thanked by:
No worries!! Just letting you know.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
Probably no. After all, 2DS and 3DS is the same 'hardware'. Just because it lacks a 3D slider it doesn't mean that it makes it easier to rip from it.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by:
Something tells me in futher game systems... we won't be able to rip any sprites and stuff from them. Sad
Thanked by:
It takes a few years to crack the system open to the point where emulation or file extraction is possible - and the latter can often use proprietary formats which means the files won't be usable unless someone writes a converter specifically.

Good things come to those who wait, but I understand that it sucks that there is such a large gap between release and viable emulation for ripping.
Thanked by: Ton, Pik
You said it, brother.
Thanked by:
I've just heard rumors of an emulator for Nintendo 3DS.

http://3dsemulator.org/

If it's possible to be true, could it be possible to finally rip sprites and stuff from this system?
Thanked by:
I'm skeptical. There have been lots of rumors of 3DS emulators that have often been Trojans.
Thanked by: Miles07
Phaze is right, LooneyTunerIan. Considering Nintendo isn't keen on emulators to begin with, I'm sure they pulled all the stops to ensure that their latest consoles get the best security to prevent piracy. They probably took the original DS to see its faults in security and corrected them for the 3DS. Even though there will eventually be emulators for the 3DS, it won't be for a long time (maybe two or three years later). Besides, programmers are hard at work trying to figure out whatever encrypted mess is on Nintendo's latest handheld, so I'm certain you won't get to see any sprites until the next big handheld is finally announced.

Even though you could find a lot of information on the web, don't believe anything you read. Like the "you are a winner" ads you see on sites sometimes, I reckon that some hackers created a phony emulator to trick unsuspecting users into thinking that they would either have free way to play games or a means of sprite ripping. In other words, unless you want your computer to be infected with a terrible virus, I would avoid believing those rumors until you get your facts straight.
(02-27-2014, 07:31 PM)Gors Wrote: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SUCK. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHOW YOUR SUCKY ART. I think this needs to go noticed to everyone, because sucking is not failing. Sucking is part of the fun of learning and if you don't suck, then you won't own at pixelart

it's ok to suck, sucking is not bad, just try and aim to always do your best!
Thanked by:
So in other words... Nintendo finally caught on to us for ripping sprites and stuff from their games and systems?
Thanked by:
(11-27-2013, 08:07 PM)LooneyTunerIan Wrote: So in other words... Nintendo finally caught on to us for ripping sprites and stuff from their games and systems?

Nintendo has always been aware of these sorts of activities and they've always tried to stop piracy (and thus emulation/sprite ripping) since their entry into vidya.

It's not going to stop anything, just delay the inevitable. There is no such thing as an impenetrable system (at least one made by people, anyway).
Thanked by:
And all I ever wanted was for someone to rip Paper Mario: Sticker Star enemies and stuff. Sad

They could have been really useful for the puppet rigs I was planning to make for my friend Kphoria on deviantART. Sad
Thanked by: