Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Fangame sprites allowed in TSR?
Hello guys, i'm just asking if i can submit sprites of fangames in The Spriters Resource, can i?
Thanked by:
You know, that's a good question. If we are talking about a fan game like a Mario fan game, then this would be the answer I would come up with.

Since the sprites are created/edited by another person, it would make sense for the creator to post the sprites onto this site himself. If you are a friend of the creator and/or have the proper permission to submit the sprites on his behalf, then I think someone would hear you out about that. Otherwise, you a better off leaving the sprites alone.

EDIT: By the way, I just realized that this might not be the proper section to ask a question like this. If you have questions that are specific to this forum and the main site, might I suggest you ask them on this board for now on?
http://www.vg-resource.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3
(02-27-2014, 07:31 PM)Gors Wrote: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SUCK. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHOW YOUR SUCKY ART. I think this needs to go noticed to everyone, because sucking is not failing. Sucking is part of the fun of learning and if you don't suck, then you won't own at pixelart

it's ok to suck, sucking is not bad, just try and aim to always do your best!
Thanked by:
Moved thread to proper forum.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by: E-Man
I think the general answer would be yes. There are rips on the site of fan-games such as Rockman 7 FC, and even ROM hacks like Wario Land 3 (Pirate).

So I don't see a reason why not. If the creator of the game is a member of tSR, you might want to check if they're submitting them first, but otherwise it should be fine.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:
(10-04-2013, 06:12 PM)puggsoy Wrote: I think the general answer would be yes. There are rips on the site of fan-games such as Rockman 7 FC, and even ROM hacks like Wario Land 3 (Pirate).

So I don't see a reason why not. If the creator of the game is a member of tSR, you might want to check if they're submitting them first, but otherwise it should be fine.

Thank you guys.
Anyways i submitted my first TSR submission which is a doujin game based on Darius Gaiden named BomberBomber Gaiden.
Thanked by: