Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Voice actors you look up to
What's a TV Show, film, or even a video game without a few vocal effects? Ever since "Steamboat Willie," voice acting has become a major career of sorts. Even if it's only a few grunts or so, giving a character a voice of sorts add depth. While there are exceptions (Dopey the dwarf being one of them), most characters are better off having a voice. As a result, how could you not appreciate at least one voice actor for providing your favorite character with that ever so familiar voice?

As far as voice actors go, I have a lot of respect for Frank Welker. The guy has been in the business ever since he voiced a trap-laying mystery solver with an ascot. Not only does he still voice Fred Jones, but the amount of characters he voiced is crazy! In fact, he even voiced Scooby ever since the mid-2000 era (a role he was dying to have ever since he first auditioned for Scooby-Doo)! I realize that Mel Blanc has this title for a good reason, but I would say that Frank Welker is the man of 1,000 voices! Well done, Frank!

As much as I would would like to continue on with more voice actors I like, I'm actually curious about which voice actors you guys look up to. How about it?
(02-27-2014, 07:31 PM)Gors Wrote: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SUCK. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHOW YOUR SUCKY ART. I think this needs to go noticed to everyone, because sucking is not failing. Sucking is part of the fun of learning and if you don't suck, then you won't own at pixelart

it's ok to suck, sucking is not bad, just try and aim to always do your best!
Thanked by: Vaati
Come to think of it, I've never really thought about voice actors much. The only one I've ever really bothered to acknowledge or look up is Tom Kenny, the guy who voices Spongebob, and even then I don't really know that much about him.

This thread caused me just now to look up the voice actor of Professor Layton, whose voice I've always admired. Apparently he also voices Inspector Chelmey and Don Paolo, as well as Dalston in the Miracle Mask. Anybody who's played the games must agree that that's quite a range of voices.

And since we're on the subject, something that really irks me is how the UK versions of the PL games have a different voice actor for Luke. The thing is, the woman who voices Luke in the US versions also voices Flora and Emmy in all versions. They do have different voice actors in the movie (all characters do), and I can understand that, but changing the voice actor for a single character in the UK version, and such a significant one too, just makes no sense to me.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
I've always enjoyed the late Lorenzo Music as Garfield. He had other roles but this is the one i remember the most.
Now Frank Welker voices him, which makes sense since he seemed to be the official backup voice.

Dan Green can be pretty awesome with his fans. Saw him two years ago at a convention in Australia. (Supanova, Sydney)
Here's an amusing clip of it.

It's fun when VAs do stuff like this. Such as Mike Pollock quoting AOSTH Robotnik, and Josh Keaton quoting Spider-Man memes
[Image: sonamy_animtitle_by_retrobunyip-dbg86ov.gif]
I always love it when voice actors do it! If you thought that was cool, try this one on for size!

Mama Luigi (by Charles Martinet)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtS9rtxqeUU

Charles Martinet giving his greeting to Chugga
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFka56e7fvk
(02-27-2014, 07:31 PM)Gors Wrote: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SUCK. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHOW YOUR SUCKY ART. I think this needs to go noticed to everyone, because sucking is not failing. Sucking is part of the fun of learning and if you don't suck, then you won't own at pixelart

Just off the top of my head, John Dimaggio, Phil Lamar, Billy West, Tom Kenny, Frank Welker, Mel Blanc, Mark Hamill, Kevin Conroy, Tara Strong, Grey Delisle, Mako...

There's a bunch of others that I like but can't think of right now
pkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Thanked by: Vaati, Virt, Gwen
Steven Blum anyone?
Thanked by: Vaati, Rhyme
Did anyone ever mention Jim Cummings yet? He may not have as many famous roles as Frank Welker and Tom Kenny has, but his voice is very appealing to me. Even Doug Walker loves his voice!

Thanked by: Vaati, Virt
Jim Cummings? You mean Winnie the Pooh/Tigger...? :/

I think he's pretty well known...
True, but not as well known as this generation's man of 1,000 voices and the voice for a talking sponge. I love Jim Cummings, which is why I feel he needs to voice more characters. Besides, his voice acting work is amazing!

Thanked by:
Kerry Williams, Lee Tockar, and Stevie Vallance. I have many more I could list here, but those are my top three and some of them have already been mentioned already. Mel Blanc is a legend, he's most definitely the inspiration of many voice casts.
I've made my own Vaati Battle style, I used the original sound effects in the Game, but I used songs I retained from the English Dub of Kirby Right Back at Ya, enjoy.
The Legend of Zelda Four Swords The Great Wind Mage Vaati
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbqtfxYMpZE
The Legend of Zelda Four Swords Adventures The Great Wind Sorcerer Vaati
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X66EUcSdOks
Thanked by:
Will Friedle, Jim Cummings, John DiMaggio, Mark Hamill, Kevin Conroy, Mel Blanc.

Most of them already said.
Thanked by:
Mick Lauer (aka Ricepirate) is an AMAZING voice actor. He's usually doing work for flash animations, but he's worked for official cartoons too, such as yu-gi-oh zexal. He can voice so many things, and you wouldn't believe one guy could change his voice so much.

Joshua Tomar (aka Tomamoto) is also amazing. He is just as talented (if not more) as ricepirate, and i think he's just a swell guy.

Both of these guys started on newgrounds.com, i believe.
[Image: qhPi2xv.png] [Image: 3drfaRY.png]
[Image: sig.php?user=Psycho]
3DS FC : 4270-1738-9364 || NNID : PsychoZombii || PSN : dyXribo

kool kats krave kawaii kyuuties
Thanked by:
Plz make sprites of green megamen for me i need it alot thx in advance
Thanked by:
um
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
Just ignore that guy, Viper. He'll get what's coming to him soon enough.

Anyway, to get back to the topic at hand, did anyone know that Charles Martinet voiced other video game characters besides the Mario gang? I know he voiced a few others in his time (such as Fowlmouth from Cel Damage), but it was news to me when he voiced Clank's father, Orvus; and a powerful dragon named Paarthurnax in Skyrim! The guy has an impressive résumé!

Thanked by: