Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
SAdvance Blaze sprite sheet
I've made a blaze sprite sheet.

[Image: N3TxXUG.png]
http://www.sendspace.com/file/4afm7d
Thanked by:
This is just edited off of this.
http://www.spriters-resource.com/resourc.../10006.png
Which makes it not "Custom". There is some pretty poor edits too. Some better than others though if it's any bonus.
[Image: 582217063e.png][Image: RWDCRik.png]

Thanked by:
(Giggles) If you say so buddy.

This high quality sheet was created by me. The size of the sheet has been effected which is why I provided the download link. All animations has been tested and certified by me. Many custom sprites along with other material is within this sheet.
Thanked by:
No one's going to download your sheet.

Please post it at the right resolution or don't post it at all. Start making it smaller by removing the obnoxious amount of empty space and Special Effects, which weren't made by you.

This just looks like a sonic advance edit, at first glance.
[Image: 2003-02-20.gif]
Thanked by: Baegal, Shade, Gwen
(09-29-2013, 06:50 PM)Cshad Wrote: No one's going to download your sheet.

Please post it at the right resolution or don't post it at all. Start making it smaller by removing the obnoxious amount of empty space and Special Effects, which weren't made by you.

This just looks like a sonic advance edit, at first glance.

That what I was going for. Sure most might confuse it, but I'm sure they'll realize after the second look.

Any suggested site before I shrink this?

[Image: Blazethecatspritesheetversion11_zpscea98f71.png]

Wat!?

Alright time to get serious. I worked hard on this This sheet is not a mere edit of any other sheet. I created custom heads, hands, feet, animations, expression etc. This isn't some posers crappy edits, these sprite were tested, treated, and redefined. This is a custom sprite sheet boy, put it where it belongs.

I'm serious, I basically had little to work off of. These sprites are custom....unless custom mean regardless if you made completely of your own, if it is an expansion its an edit? I gotta read the reads more.
Thanked by:
It's a pretty solid start. That said, listen to these folks when it comes to fixes. They know what they're talking about.

As for you guys, give him specifics. Don't just say "these are edits" and go on your way. What can be improved? What looks good? What examples that he has up there should the rest of the sprites strive toward. You know this by now.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
(09-29-2013, 07:30 PM)Ton Wrote: It's a pretty solid start. That said, listen to these folks when it comes to fixes. They know what they're talking about.

As for you guys, give him specifics. Don't just say "these are edits" and go on your way. What can be improved? What looks good? What examples that he has up there should the rest of the sprites strive toward. You know this by now.

I think we're a little fixated on the fact that he's claiming the sheet to be 100% his own work when there are clearly pieces of Sonic and the original Sonic Rush Blaze sprites scattered throughout his sheet. It's not that we don't want to help, but to say that the work is his and only his is a lie.

As for your sheet, a quick observation shows me that the body size of the character does not remain consistent throughout the sheet. Heads and arms change size and thickness when rotated only slightly, for example. This can be seen in your running animations, or when you go to the "hurt" poses and other angles of similar dramaticism significantly smaller than the base head (and so much so that you can't really justify their size with the angle). It also feels like the father you get down the sheet, the smaller your sprites become, or at least, they look smaller, and not because of the different poses, but rather your extensions (for lack of a better word) need to be longer.

For animations like running, the legs are ridiculously stiff, and the arms don't move very much, and without a lot of motion, the torso feels small and cluttered. Have the arms move. Model the running cycle more like Sonic's so you can have a better idea of how to make the legs move less awkwardly.

I'll give you something more in-depth later. Start reviewing your sheet for these inconsistencies, though. And be more honest about your work.
[Image: 2003-02-20.gif]
Thanked by: Shade, Ton, Gwen, Garamonde
Quote:I think we're a little fixated on the fact that he's claiming the sheet to be 100% his own work when there are clearly pieces of Sonic and the original Sonic Rush Blaze sprites scattered throughout his sheet
"I've made a blaze sprite sheet.'"

Seriously..................you got all that from this

Quote:For animations like running, the legs are ridiculously stiff, and the arms don't move very much, and without a lot of motion, the torso feels small and cluttered. Have the arms move. Model the running cycle more like Sonic's so you can have a better idea of how to make the legs move less awkwardly.
Which running animation? There are 3.

Quote:s for your sheet, a quick observation shows me that the body size of the character does not remain consistent throughout the sheet. Heads and arms change size and thickness when rotated only slightly, for example. This can be seen in your running animations, or when you go to the "hurt" poses and other angles of similar dramaticism significantly smaller than the base head (and so much so that you can't really justify their size with the angle). It also feels like the father you get down the sheet, the smaller your sprites become, or at least, they look smaller, and not because of the different poses, but rather your extensions (for lack of a better word) need to be longer.

I must have forgot to update those heads with the newer versions. Thanks

Quote:I'll give you something more in-depth later. Start reviewing your sheet for these inconsistencies, though. And be more honest about your work.
Sigh........
Thanked by:
If you are going to one-sentence replying criticisms then I really don't know if this place is for you

If you thought on impressing everyone with a big sheet like that, tough luck; because we will criticize it quality-wise. Have in mind that this IS NOT a personal attack on your work. tSR is a learning place for pixelart, and simply patting your head while you make mistakes is not learning.

Sure that he inferred a little more than you said, but when you make a sprite and post it here, be sure to say if it is a custom sheet or an edit. We do not like theft at all, and giving enough info will spare you from headaches. (such as this one).

I still suggest you to check for consistencies as Cshad said.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by:
(09-30-2013, 07:21 AM)Gors Wrote: If you are going to one-sentence replying criticisms then I really don't know if this place is for you

If you thought on impressing everyone with a big sheet like that, tough luck; because we will criticize it quality-wise. Have in mind that this IS NOT a personal attack on your work. tSR is a learning place for pixelart, and simply patting your head while you make mistakes is not learning.

Sure that he inferred a little more than you said, but when you make a sprite and post it here, be sure to say if it is a custom sheet or an edit. We do not like theft at all, and giving enough info will spare you from headaches. (such as this one).

I still suggest you to check for consistencies as Cshad said.

Thanks for the consideration, Please let ME worry if this place is right for ME. This thread was an attempt at submission, please don't try to predict my motives, please do not quote me wrong.

You can not personal attack someone work, you can only personal attack a person. If the adjectives within your replies are not directly aimed at me I will not consider it a personal attack and deem this place land of the asses. Please do not take one sentence replies as not taking critique well. On a personal note, I really don't like when people put words in mouth, I ******* hate it.

Currently I'm working on the sheet with lighting speed process being made. As a new member I'm declaring that I'm not hitting and quitting as soon as I came. I'm here to stay until my sheet is to a point of acceptance.

I will return when the update is fully complete.
Thanked by:
Woah, you might want to take a chill pill. It's kind of a general rule here (and maybe the world?) that criticism should be accepted and not smashed by one's own ego.
Thanked by: Gwen
Really? Is a bunch of angry remark your only response?

Well then, my work is done
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by:
Dude, they're trying to give you C+C, no one is "personally attacking" you, and you're not really showing you're capable of taking any C+C with that attitude. Everyone here is trying to offer help, and this forum is not about fluffing critique for the sake of one's ego.
[Image: b6Bqjzn.gif]
Thanked by:
(09-30-2013, 01:00 PM)Vinn Wrote: Thanks for the consideration, Please let ME worry if this place is right for ME.
See, that's funny; because while you might be the one to decide if tSR is right for you, we (meaning the staff members) decide if you're right for tSR.
And when you come in here, plunk down a sheet, then respond like a jerk to nearly every criticism made toward you while expecting us to just take your sheet for what it is, that's not making yourself look very good.

Speaking of which,
(09-29-2013, 08:07 PM)Vinn Wrote: "I've made a blaze sprite sheet.'"

Seriously..................you got all that from this
"Names the Ys guy. Give credit, I actually made these."
Huh.

Edit- I put the full sheet in the OP. No more download necessary.
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by: Garamonde
I suppose I should have elaborated on my post a bit more, cause looking back at it now I could have been made out to be kind of a jerk.

What I was basically saying is that it's not really a custom sprite, it's edited off of official sprites which reduces the amount of decisions one has to make when spriting, such as color choice and basic anatomy which is more or less done for you when editing. It would be better to create a completely custom Blaze, it would definitely be more impressive at least. Adding animations is nice and all and gives more use to the sheet itself, but it's still not enough to say it was "Made by you" and anyone could do it with enough time on there hands.

But from what I've seen, you're not one to just accept C+C when you don't want it so...
[Image: 582217063e.png][Image: RWDCRik.png]

Thanked by: