Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Things About Games You've Never Found Out About Until Later
The thread to encompass ALL threads about this~

What are some of the things you've found out about games later, that you never actually experienced in game for yourself?

To offer a recent example, I never knew that there was actually a time limit on the Legend of Zelda the Minish Cap, regarding the bell tolling 3 times. I always just plowed my way through no problem, but if you fool around long enough....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LGAwr0vpoM
[Image: tamerkoh.gif?9][Image: DevBanner.png][Image: Youtube.gif]DLBROOKS33
Thanked by:
I never knew you could actually pick up the broken pieces of a sign in Twilight Princess. (And all the glitchy shenanigans that can follow up)
(01-24-2014, 07:52 AM)Gors Wrote: those are really fucking classy surnames you've got there

[Image: tumblr_npvw95As6k1tzzv2wo1_540.gif]
Thanked by:
did you guys know you can tongue up in yoshi's island
I used to blindly worship Miyamoto, thinking he was the one responsible for making all the things I loved. I would say while playing Paper Mario for the first time "Wow! Miyamoto is a genius!" only to find out he wasn't responsible for any of the things I loved. In fact he's actively fighting against those things!

Thanked by: Kriven, SchAlternate, Phaze
i didnt learn about soda lake until i tried to 100% super mario advance 2 (like 4-5 years ago) and i by sheer chance flew to the secret exit leading to it

i always thought torpedo teds were just unused enemies
Thanked by:
Teds are also used in the Ghost Ship.
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by:
(09-09-2013, 05:23 AM)Kriven Wrote: Teds are also used in the Ghost Ship.

Nope. Sunken Ghost Ship only has Bullet Bills. Torpedo Teds are exclusive to Soda Lake only.

Over a decade after playing Super Mario Bros. 3 did I find out about a secret portion of the Desert Hill map on the far right. Mind was blown.
[Image: QUmE6.gif]
My Game Maker games (Dropbox download links):

Thanked by:
samus is a girl

mind=blown
Seriously doe, that trick you could do with ness and samus in Super Smash Bros back in the 64 days had my friends and I giggling and blushing like the 8-9 year olds we were.
[Image: b6Bqjzn.gif]
Thanked by:
(09-09-2013, 12:10 PM)Gwen Wrote: Seriously doe, that trick you could do with ness and samus in Super Smash Bros back in the 64 days had my friends and I giggling and blushing like the 8-9 year olds we were.

What trick?
(01-24-2014, 07:52 AM)Gors Wrote: those are really fucking classy surnames you've got there

Thanked by:
I can't remember exactly, but you use ness to shock her, pause the screen and BEHOLVery Sad Giant pyramid boobs.
As you can imagine, us 8-9 year olds were stunned.
[Image: b6Bqjzn.gif]
Thanked by: Kriven, SchAlternate, Goemar
(09-09-2013, 08:52 AM)NICKtendo DS Wrote: Nope. Sunken Ghost Ship only has Bullet Bills. Torpedo Teds are exclusive to Soda Lake only.

Over a decade after playing Super Mario Bros. 3 did I find out about a secret portion of the Desert Hill map on the far right. Mind was blown.

Oh... I could'a sworn they were in there...
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by:
I learned that there was a secret boss in Okami. I had played through it 3-4 times and a few years later I learn that you can fight a secret boss if you return to the windmill dungeon. Keep in mind that I was on New Game + (5th playthrough) at this point so I was OP'd and had a ton of items. The boss kicked my ass.
Thanked by:
When I first played Kirby's Adventure, I went through the entire game without knowing about his copy ability.
(Although, sometimes I randomly got one without knowing how.)
Thanked by:
(09-09-2013, 03:45 PM)Gwen Wrote: I can't remember exactly, but you use ness to shock her, pause the screen and BEHOLVery Sad Giant pyramid boobs.
As you can imagine, us 8-9 year olds were stunned.

Oh, that. Ha ha yeah, I always did that with Pikachu Cute

Thanked by: