Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Boktai 3 Sprite Rips
So since I had to look into the sprite format for that sprite swapping thing I thought I might as well extract the sprites too. Here are some of the notable ones I made icons for.
[Image: KYOapXw.gif]
[Image: 8g8FEkY.gif]
[Image: ZbBszbS.gif]
[Image: VJ1b4Vg.gif]
[Image: Lp63zGM.gif]
[Image: V9gtACP.gif]
[Image: GF81Sz4.gif]
[Image: RyPHqoK.gif]
[Image: A7fFIK8.gif]
[Image: VUiV2yf.gif]
[Image: Ljkf9Eh.gif]
[Image: 1kmMhBh.gif]
[Image: ATNSfi2.gif]
[Image: fE3aYcw.gif]
Black Knight seems to be too large for browsers so maybe rightclick save link as for that one
Thanked by: redblueyellow
I've never played this. Which ones are playable, enemes, etc?
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
I'm pretty sure you're missing lenses for the Gun Del Sol. You only have Sol, when there;s about...five more I think you need. Did you rip these from the files themselves?

Bosses:
Vanargand
Count
Hrsvelger
Ratatoskr

Reg. Enemies:
Skeleton

Char:
Django

NPC:
Megaman
Trinity

Etc:
Title Logo
Items
Thanked by: Ton
Black Knight and Hresvelgr didn't upload properly. Also, could we add the lone OW Megaman sprite to the rest of his sheet so as not to have a sheet with just one tiny sprite on it? Nice work!
Thanked by:
(09-08-2013, 11:29 AM)Kakashifan Wrote: I'm pretty sure you're missing lenses for the Gun Del Sol. You only have Sol, when there;s about...five more I think you need. Did you rip these from the files themselves?

I ripped these from the files, so if these missing lenses are just recolors I could understand why it wouldnt get a unique entry in the file. If they look different then I have no idea why theyre missing
(09-08-2013, 12:16 PM)Ton Wrote: Black Knight and Hresvelgr didn't upload properly. Also, could we add the lone OW Megaman sprite to the rest of his sheet so as not to have a sheet with just one tiny sprite on it? Nice work!
I could see why they didnt updload properly since theyre just so big. Unless you could think of some solution I could apply I guess you could put Black Knight into a zip and upload the zip?
Thanked by: Kakashifan
Ah, I see. They're just recolors and you can just add them from my own GDS sheet from Boktai1 I forgot to add. The AR code to give me all the lenses doesn't work though; it only gives me a few of them.
Thanked by:
Hmm, I just saved these files to my computer and tried to upload them that way, but I don't think it worked again. I couldn't even get them to open to edit them down to a smaller size.
Thanked by:
(09-09-2013, 04:06 PM)Ton Wrote: Hmm, I just saved these files to my computer and tried to upload them that way, but I don't think it worked again. I couldn't even get them to open to edit them down to a smaller size.

Might also have to do with their size, for that bird boss I cant open it in paint so I have to use a sophisticated program like photoshop. Possibly, getting rid of all the random exclamations at the end might help.
Thanked by: Ton, Kakashifan
Just came to say I'm incredibly disappointed (in myself) for getting sniped on Boktai. I've spent the last two years inching along slowly on a project to rip Boktai 1 - 4 (only to find I wasn't satisfied with my original rips (posted) and then trying to start from scratch this year).

With that said, I'm glad someone's finally getting it done! I'd like to add (not to sound like I'm trying to discredit your work), but if possible, could you start ripping the pieces along with the fully assembled sprites? The game is a masterpiece of art and deserves the highest quality job a person can do when ripping it.
Thanked by:
Feel free to help! From what I've seen, Greiga is only interested in Boktai 3.
Thanked by:
I've been trying to do the rest of the games, but Boktai 2 doesn't work on my emu. Well, I still have to get the first one finished anyways...Your rips aren't too bad though I think the first Ghost is a jpeg and all blurry.
Thanked by:
Yeah, the couple sheets I mentioned earlier are still not showing up on the site. I'm not sure if anyone can do anything about that.
Thanked by:
(09-16-2013, 07:17 PM)Kramlack Wrote: Just came to say I'm incredibly disappointed (in myself) for getting sniped on Boktai. I've spent the last two years inching along slowly on a project to rip Boktai 1 - 4 (only to find I wasn't satisfied with my original rips (posted) and then trying to start from scratch this year).

With that said, I'm glad someone's finally getting it done! I'd like to add (not to sound like I'm trying to discredit your work), but if possible, could you start ripping the pieces along with the fully assembled sprites? The game is a masterpiece of art and deserves the highest quality job a person can do when ripping it.

If you're after the individual pieces, you could sortof grab them with a tile viewer. They show up when you view them with a width of 128 they are somewhat readable.
http://i.imgur.com/ljMJQ3q.png
But pieces always look like a total mess and I have no idea how any human could make any sense out of them.

Those generic monsters you ripped though actually seem to be a different format than the ones I posted so at least you could know I can't get you to those yet.

As for the other games, Boktai 2 definitely uses the same format so I could grab stuff like
http://i.imgur.com/JdQNs6q.png
Really though, the most tedious and time consuming part is making the icons. That's what really keeps making me put it off till later.
Thanked by:
Whether you beat me to that isn't the problem. Eventually I'll get these done (hopefully after my current project), but I don't really want to put anyone out by having their sheets replaced when mine have all the content in them, it's just ends up as a waste of people's time.

Anywho, that tile viewer would actually come in handy with what I'm doing. To get the pieces easily (or rather, know what goes where) I'm using the OAM Viewer in VBA to grab the current on-screen sprites. I don't know how you're getting the sprites in this format (is it an automated tool?), but I use frame pause + next frame, then use the OAM Viewer to get the pieces, then I set those aside and assemble the frames accordingly so the sheet will have both the assembled frames and the originally drawn pieces (see my Count rip). The length of this process is part of the reason why it's taken so long.

Also, to correct you on that last point, each game uses 'pieces' to paper doll enemies together, but it only applies to larger enemies like the Skeletons or the Count for example, not enemies like Ghouls or Spiders. Here's an example of the Skeleton pieces (this one is from Lunar Knights but it's the same for Boktai 2 and 3), where your sheet doesn't have any of this.

My apologies in advance if I come off a little high-strung, but spending years working through the Boktai games has made me form a sort of bond with the series. Hopefully I'm not coming off too strongly or dick'ish!
Thanked by:
(09-17-2013, 08:58 PM)Kramlack Wrote: Whether you beat me to that isn't the problem. Eventually I'll get these done (hopefully after my current project), but I don't really want to put anyone out by having their sheets replaced when mine have all the content in them, it's just ends up as a waste of people's time.

Anywho, that tile viewer would actually come in handy with what I'm doing. To get the pieces easily (or rather, know what goes where) I'm using the OAM Viewer in VBA to grab the current on-screen sprites. I don't know how you're getting the sprites in this format (is it an automated tool?), but I use frame pause + next frame, then use the OAM Viewer to get the pieces, then I set those aside and assemble the frames accordingly so the sheet will have both the assembled frames and the originally drawn pieces (see my Count rip). The length of this process is part of the reason why it's taken so long.

Also, to correct you on that last point, each game uses 'pieces' to paper doll enemies together, but it only applies to larger enemies like the Skeletons or the Count for example, not enemies like Ghouls or Spiders. Here's an example of the Skeleton pieces (this one is from Lunar Knights but it's the same for Boktai 2 and 3), where your sheet doesn't have any of this.

My apologies in advance if I come off a little high-strung, but spending years working through the Boktai games has made me form a sort of bond with the series. Hopefully I'm not coming off too strongly or dick'ish!

On that first point, I mean I guess it would be difficult to get all the content by screenshot ripping like you describe rather then interpreting the game's files and extracting everything.

I'm aware the game uses pieces so I'm not sure what point you think you're correcting. If you're responding to the common enemies have different format line. I meant their headers are different enough and don't .
Thanked by: