Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Mighty No. 9
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/migh...ref=search

I would've posted this in another thread for general gaming or Kickstarter projects, but I think this warrants a discussion of its own.

What do you guy think? Do you like what Inafune is doing? Should more things like this exist?
Thanked by:
Even Keiji Inafune himself is making megaman fangames now.
Looks pretty damn good. I LOVE that art style. It's like, perfect.
[Image: tamerkoh.gif?9][Image: DevBanner.png][Image: Youtube.gif]DLBROOKS33
Thanked by:
[Image: BLEGAMAN.png]

In seriousness, while I don't think much of this game idea, I DO like the Idea of Older design veterans
going outside of the corporate loop and pursuing personal projects. It would be cool to see what the old guys
could make if they actually had the freedom to make whatever they want within whatever schedule they see
fit.
[Image: 22610_s.gif]

I am happy he is doing things again. It makes me so sad that he can't work with his IPs that Capcom has the rights to, but I love the fact he's still kicking despite that.

And if I had the money to burn, I'd SO want to have dinner with Inafune. That would be so boss.
I guess what I don't like is that it is so clearly Mega Man. This should be a Mega Man game. If you're trying to make a new IP don't make it something that resembles another beloved one so closely. It just reminds us of what should be. This the Mega Man game we all deserve but it isn't Mega Man.

Thanked by:
The kicker of all of this is that I like these designs WAAAAAAY more than megaman designs lol
[Image: b6Bqjzn.gif]
Thanked by: Kitsu
(08-31-2013, 10:33 PM)Koopaul Wrote: I guess what I don't like is that it is so clearly Mega Man. This should be a Mega Man game. If you're trying to make a new IP don't make it something that resembles another beloved one so closely. It just reminds us of what should be. This the Mega Man game we all deserve but it isn't Mega Man.

You say that as if he has a choice in the matter. :/
Thanked by:
He does have a choice in the matter of whether he'll continue to make what he's already made, or if he'll try to do new things instead.
Sort of.

It does look nice though.
Thanked by:
(08-31-2013, 10:49 PM)TomGuycott Wrote: You say that as if he has a choice in the matter. :/

I'm just saying he could make the game look less like Mega Man.

Thanked by:
I enjoyed the video and reading the page. I knew that people were gonna be all LOL IT'S MEGA MAN because they can't not do that if it so much as draws inspiration from it, but personally I think this is going to be a neat idea. It's kinda putting a similar idea into a different perspective (gives them an excuse to use new characters I guess) which I don't think is so wrong. Least they are trying to be creative to some extent while giving it elements that made its successor series so to say, so charming. That main theme is really cool too~
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by: Neweegee, Gaia
Smile 
Mighty No.9? Megaman 9?
Oh my gosh, it's the REAL Megaman 9 [Image: Luigi.png]

It's being pledged really well too, it hasn't even been a full day and now they're almost at half of the goal! I hope it gets to the console port stretch goal. Smile
Respect and Care
Love for People
Faith in Christ
Thanked by:
I agree with Flannel, this looks soooo much better than boring old vanilla megaman classic.
It feels like it's got elements of X and ZX (likely coming from the Inticreates side) thrown in as well which makes it so much more appealing.
edit- I'm definitely backing this
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by: recme
Since Capcom won't make Mega Man games anymore, Inafune took up the task himself, the only way he could. It's Mega Man but it's not Mega Man.

I think it looks really cool. I'll probably donate at least $5, for the basic stuff.
I imagine we'll get to see more and different designs without Capcom breathing down his neck. After all, they are the reason X looks like X instead of Zero.

[Image: 357n7r6_zps67bc167e.gif]
Thanked by: