Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Ripped models from a DS game, how can I get the bones?
So, I'm a huge newbie when it comes to ripping stuff from games, but I somehow managed to squeeze out the agents' models from Elite Beat Agents, and export them as .obj files (using MKDS Course Modifier). I'm currently wondering how I could export bones into a format that 3ds Max could understand.

MKDS Course Modifier does give me an option to export bones as .ma files, which are apparently Maya-only files, but I only have Max on my computer. Is there a way to convert the .ma files into something that I could import into Max? I tried googling this, but I didn't really come across anything helpful.

If there's no way to convert the files without using Maya, that's okay too, since our school's computers have it and I can probably do it there. I'd just prefer a simpler option since I don't have any experience with Maya (and because I'm kind of simple myself).
It'd be even better if there was some kind of software I could use to export the models and their bones as well as animations, but I don't know whether such a thing even exists.

I have pretty much no idea what I'm even doing, so if you can help me, I'll be eternally grateful. Thank you in advance!
Thanked by: