Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
"It Gets Better, I Promise": The games you like that everyone hates thread
Are you the minority when it comes to loving a certain game?
I find this happens all the time and I want to know if I'm the only one or not.

For me, I loved and always will love Sonic R.
I'd 100% it in an hour, the sounds were cheap, and the music was unfitting for a sonic game, but I love it so much :Y
It just makes me really happy!

So! Do you guys have any games that you are alone in loving?
[Image: OH4K4jX.gif] [Image: R7WBBzo.gif] [Image: TsJpssj.gif]
-----------------------[Love]-----------------------
Thanked by: redblueyellow, puggsoy
Sonic DX, and Sonic '06.

As much as I don't like '06's story, those gem shoes were awesome(so many fun, ridiculous glitches!).

As for DX, Sonic & Knuckles' parts, being able to spin dash and jump *any* where you want to is very cool to me(I still play it's trials mode to this day).
Respect and Care
Love for People
Faith in Christ
Thanked by:
Sonic R and Sonic DX are awesome games :p

I really like Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, but I guess it's not a "real" fighting game.
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by: Tellis
I'm with you with Sonic R, I played it a lot as a kid, so the nostalgia factor always gets to me.

Also, Monsters Inc. Scream Arena and Kirby Air Ride were two games that I enjoyed quite a bit.

Not sure if I'm exactly the minority when it comes to Air Ride, but it was a really addicting game to play (especially City Trial mode). I remember spending hours playing the free run with my friend, just chasing after each other to see who could get the hydra first.
[Image: WwmoM3d.png]
Currently working on: working and wedding planning
Thanked by: Baegal
hmmm

I like Yoshi's Story a lot really

It is clearly flawed and not as good as YI by any means but It doesn't deserve a lot of the hate

don't tell me it's easy if you don't go for all the melons and hearts
Thanked by: Baegal, SchAlternate
(08-28-2013, 09:00 PM)Kriven Wrote: I really like Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, but I guess it's not a "real" fighting game.

This makes no sense. It is a fighting game, so why it wouldn't be "real"?

I like Blood Omen 2. Even I being a huge Legacy of Kain fan. I know, it looks nothing like a LoK game, but it is a good game overall.
[Image: lhjFt57.gif][Image: sX7JK6W.gif][Image: 4BB3IOO.gif][Image: qHY3ZCP.gif][Image: oCiv6RT.gif][Image: RNSMdiR.gif][Image: gx5wm3G.gif][Image: ld7rSgS.gif]
Thanked by:
The DS Zeldas. For some reason most people don't seem to like PH and ST all that much, but to be honest they're 2 of my favourite DS games. They're not perfect but I really enjoyed playing them, especially Spirit Tracks.

I'd also say Puggsy, but that's more of a "nobody's played it" than "nobody likes it". Everybody I know that has played it loves it, so I guess it doesn't count.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by: Phantom Killah
Spirit Tracks is awesome.

(08-28-2013, 09:23 PM)Magma Dragoon Wrote: This makes no sense. It is a fighting game, so why it wouldn't be "real"?

Allegedly since it's easy to use specials and combos, it doesn't count as a "real" fighting game.
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by: puggsoy
Let's see... I happen to be fond of Star Fox Adventures but people mostly hate it because its not an on-rail shooter.

I think Yoshi's Island DS is okay. Most people think it's terrible.

Oh and I absolutely love Super Mario Sunshine! I have so much joy over that game.

Thanked by:
The Custom Robo Gamecube game. I just replayed through it recently and had so much fun getting into all of the details on weaponry and whatnot.
Love: Camo
3ds fc: 4296 3475 9143
Thanked by: Bigfoot, Tellis
Gotcha Force. An action game by Capcom where kids command tiny robots from outer space to combat the EVIL tiny robots from outer space. The "voice acting" is laughably bad, but the core gameplay is where the game shines. There are hundreds of Borgs, and rarer ones can only e obtained via getting two, three or even four parts.

And if you ever give up trying to obtain ever alternate version of every Borg ( each gets an alternate color, a silver plated, gold, diamond and a shadow version, but the last three make the borgs look really flat), there's a bug to fill your box with almost ANY Borg, including the Promo exclusive evil main character Borg and the final boss!
Thanked by:
New Super Mario Bros. 2
I admit its flaws and it's just 2 DLC packs that I replay:
#6: Gold Classics Pack, but nostalgia and superior level design from the good old days is not easy to fk up. However, I find it annoying to start at the auto-scrolling Coin Heaven in stage 2. Mandatory slow-downs annoy me. And the alternate route for the 3rd stage that could've easily been level 1 from NSMB1 instead of 2, but apparently a stage that's not even a year old is nostalgic, I don't know.
#9: Mystery Adventures Pack. I have to soldier through the mediocre first stage and boring second stage, but the third one makes it worth the effort. Somehow the factory stage does it right on so many levels. Going through it again and again hardly grows old.

Nevertheless, while everyone is praising 3DLand, I'd favor NSMB2 over that any day.
[Image: QUmE6.gif]
My Game Maker games (Dropbox download links):

Thanked by:
All of my IRL friends hated the No More Heroes games, and I for the life of me can not figure out why. Maybe it's just because I'm blinded by my love for them?
Thanked by: Gwen, Tellis
Sonic '06. By an avalanche. it's pretty obvious why :U

[Image: sig.gif]

I'm a Sonic hacker. 'Nuff said.

WHAT I DO:

Custom Sprite Gallery (restarted on 7/6/2014)
Thanked by:
Red Steel. Yeah it was buggy as hell and the campaign wasn't the best, but my friends and I would spend the entire night playing Multiplayer, which had brilliant maps, extremely fun gameplay, and was just a blast to play with friends.
[Image: b6Bqjzn.gif]
Thanked by: