Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Questions regarding game environments and 3DS Max
Hello everyone.

I've tried to look for this topic in the forum already, and I even used the search feature and I came up with nothing. So, here it goes:

My question is, do you guys ever rip game environments? I ask this because, in some games you do have environments ripped, and I was just wondering if you had like a sister site that did that, or if it was just something random you guys do to entice more people to your website. Also, this is not a request per-say, I'm just curious if you guys did or not.

And, if you don't, do you know of a website that has game environments for download?

Another question I have is about a program that I'm going to get soon called 3DS Max. I was wondering if anyone could show me any tutorials regarding that.

Thanks!,
-Jake
Thanked by:
The Models Resource would also be for map models, but I know what you mean -- characters seem to have a much higher ripping priority over anything else we've got on the site. Although that could be because maps can be (though not always are) harder to get because you'd most likely need to piece several "instanced" things together into the right spots. Or link together several chunks of land. Or both.
Thanked by:
Dang!

But, I can understand where you're coming from. I've never tried to rip levels from a game, but I'm sure it's hard.

Would you know of then of any website that is good at this? I've tried searching Google to no avail, and I get nothing really.
Thanked by: