Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
SOPA's Baby
It seems a little portion of SOPA is out to get passed again. It's a bit more direct than the last version, but still has some glaring flaws that can cause problems.

http://www.complex.com/tech/2013/08/sopa...-streaming

Petition here: https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petitio...3/LMzMVrQF
[Image: tamerkoh.gif?9][Image: DevBanner.png][Image: Youtube.gif]DLBROOKS33
Thanked by:
[Image: Oh_Boy_here_we_go_again_413978.jpg]
(01-24-2014, 07:52 AM)Gors Wrote: those are really fucking classy surnames you've got there

[Image: tumblr_npvw95As6k1tzzv2wo1_540.gif]
Thanked by: Gwen, puggsoy, Shade
(08-24-2013, 06:18 PM)SchAlternate Wrote: [Image: Oh_Boy_here_we_go_again_413978.jpg]

Yeah, they're really just pushing it, aren't they? Rolleyes And I don't mean that in a nice way.
[Image: 45Yrb9j.png]
Thanked by:
[Image: 1lYIpk9.gif] GET THESE MEMES OFF THE TABLE! -Hiyna
http://www.twitch.tv/hiynastrike live when I feel like it... You just gotta get lucky
[Image: xG4BaYw.gif]

Also Love Stuff

Hey Look! I support stuff!
To be honest, I feel like if this were to happen, not only would it be completely over the proverbial line, but it'd undermine the punishment for other crimes that are far more vicious. Breaking and entering a house isn't a felony if I'm not mistaken, and that's far more serious than someone making a cover song, or watching a concert illegally, wouldn't you say?
Thanked by: SchAlternate
while break-ins can be prevented, stopped, and stolen items retrieved(as opposed to downloadable content, which can be mirrored when the source is taken down) and Justin Beiber isn't the best example to cite, it does seem ridiculous to make it more punishable than it need be.
Thanked by: SchAlternate
I like how the petition got the acronym wrong.
Thanked by:
"stop online privacy"
Thanked by:
Well, technically, that IS what it does XD.
Thanked by:
This again? Does SOPA ever give up?
Sometimes I dream about cheese - HL2 Civilian
Thanked by:
It only took about a week for that petition to reach 10,000 signatures. Lol.
(01-24-2014, 07:52 AM)Gors Wrote: those are really fucking classy surnames you've got there

[Image: tumblr_npvw95As6k1tzzv2wo1_540.gif]
Thanked by:
Why is our government wasting their time on this crap? Shouldn't there be better things to do. Maybe, I don't know... Deal with the economic failure in the USA at the moment. Trying to "Protect" the works of already mega-rich artists doesn't seem like a good use of resources right now. Do they honestly think that this stupid bill will even fix what is wrong with our economy, or did the CEOs of the entertainment industries bribe them to make this bill?

Government can be bought and sold as this is no longer a democracy or republic, but a freaking plutocracy. (Wealth can be used to bend the rules.)
Thanked by: Gaia, Rapidkirby3k
I've already done my piracy song and dance many times before, but SOPA is good for the economy.

SOPA protects entrepreneurs and independent developers more than already-established large businesses. You guys are either severely over-exaggerating everything here or are being incredulously ignorant.
Thanked by:
No, it isn't good for the economy. In what world do you live in where making a cover song or downloading an MP3 results in a felony, but more vicious crimes don't? When people make a product they have to realize that we''re in the digital age. There's GOING to be sharing and pirating going on regardless of what rules they try to put in place. It won't even slow the pirates down or hinder them. In fact, it'd probably antagonize them to do it on a larger scale to fight the system.
Thanked by: Gaia, SchAlternate, Kriven
(09-06-2013, 10:39 AM)Koh Wrote: No, it isn't good for the economy. In what world do you live in where making a cover song or downloading an MP3 results in a felony, but more vicious crimes don't? When people make a product they have to realize that we''re in the digital age. There's GOING to be sharing and pirating going on regardless of what rules they try to put in place. It won't even slow the pirates down or hinder them. In fact, it'd probably antagonize them to do it on a larger scale to fight the system.

What "more vicious crimes" are you referring to? Anything federal? Unless you're referring to federal crimes, that's completely irrelevant. The internet isn't divided by state. Alabama can't lock someone up for piracy; it's not in their jurisdiction, while other irl crimes are. You might as well criticize Russia for not applying Brazilian laws.

Using "the digital age" is the most bullshit excuse. Blaming technology for criminal activity is just so crazy stupid I can't even form a proper argument asdafsdafsdafsdaf
Thanked by: