Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Megaman/Rockman 8 De-make
We've got Rockman/Megaman 7's demake sprites on the site. Would anyone be interesting in cracking open MM8's goodies? I'll help where I can.

http://megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Rockman_8_Famicom
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by: Garamonde, A.J. Nitro
I can't help sadly, but I'm supporting this project.
[Image: 27348983yu7.png]
Thanked by: Ton
You know, I bet it's just like the first one where you just download it and all the sprites are already stored in files.
Thanked by:
(08-19-2013, 03:47 PM)Ton Wrote: You know, I bet it's just like the first one where you just download it and all the sprites are already stored in files.
If by "stored in the files" you mean "packed in one big image.bin file" then yes.
Thanked by: redblueyellow, Ton
What would one do with that .bin file once they've extracted it?
Thanked by:
That's kinda the point, .BINs aren't easy to try and decompress at all. So basically the answer is negative. Very Sad
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
I can't help but volunteer to take a gander if the file isn't too huge. Unless RTB's already got it sorted or something, of course.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:
(08-19-2013, 07:51 PM)Axle the Red Wrote: That's kinda the point, .BINs aren't easy to try and decompress at all. So basically the answer is negative. Very Sad

...Dammit.
Thanked by:
I mean, that doesn't mean screenshotting isn't possible. But maybe someone on XeNTaX might know something?
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
(08-19-2013, 03:47 PM)Ton Wrote: You know, I bet it's just like the first one where you just download it and all the sprites are already stored in files.

It is not. In the Rockman 7 they were all easily available as .bmp's (if I recall correctly), but on this one they're all compressed. Last time I tried but couldn't uncompress them.
[Image: lhjFt57.gif][Image: sX7JK6W.gif][Image: 4BB3IOO.gif][Image: qHY3ZCP.gif][Image: oCiv6RT.gif][Image: RNSMdiR.gif][Image: gx5wm3G.gif][Image: ld7rSgS.gif]
Thanked by:
Sorry for popping in again, not sure if I really belong here as I haven't played the game or anything. However, I found this page and it looks to contain most if not all of the sprites and sounds in the game? I could be wrong, it could well be mixed with other random sprites and be more bothersome than useful, but I figured I might drop it here just in case.

Either way, good luck with this!
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:
On principle, I hate the idea of just saving the sprites from their site and putting them on ours. :/
Thanked by: puggsoy
Thought that might be the case. It is from the "official" site (as far as I can tell) and it looks like what you'd get from extracting image.bin anyway. But principles are principles so I can't argue with that.
Anyway figured it was worth sharing, but whatever. Hope you can get them some other way!
Thanked by: Ton
Ah, well that wasn't so hard.

Make a memory dump of the game, then use TiledGGD to go through said dump -- all of the game's graphics are loaded up into memory at once. Set the image bitrate to 32 bits, and away you go. Image widths are variable, but they're usually squares of 2 (mostly 128, 256 and 512).
Thanked by: Carpaccio, Ton, Garamonde, Shade
Wow, that's a surprising turn of events. Big Grin
Thanked by: