Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Dee15gon's Sound Submissions
Greetings to everyone on VG Resource. I am Dee15gon. I am a newcomer. Like everyone here, I extract sounds. But mainly Ps2 games. Mostly because I have no knowledge of extracting sounds from Gamecube or Xbox games. I also don't have any knowledge of Wii, X360, and Ps3.

Now that aside. I've extracted most of the character voices of Soul Calibur II (Inferno included). The ones I don't have is Spawn and Link.

If theres anyone who has any knowledge of extracting sounds from Xbox or Gamecube games. Please tell me how.

But in the meantime, enjoy these voice clips I've extracted from the PS2 version.

Characters
Astaroth
Cassandra
Sophitia
Cervantes
Ivy
Raphael
Mitsurugi
Taki
Heihachi
Maxi
Yoshimitsu
Kilik
Xianghua
Talim
Yun-Seong
Seong-Mina
Voldo
Necrid
Inferno

Bonus Characters
Assassin
Berserker
Lizardman
Thanked by:
GameCube games, at least, are super easy. First you get an ISO of the game you want to rip from (Google them), then Dolphin, a GC/Wii emulator. Right click on the ISO of the game and click Properties, then the Filesystem tab. Look through the game's files for ones with a .BRSTM extension. There's this thing called BrawlBox that opens these .BRSTM files which should contain the sounds. Keep in mind that they may be in other formats though.

I'll try to look at these soon, though.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
(08-16-2013, 01:15 PM)Axle the Red Wrote: GameCube games, at least, are super easy. First you get an ISO of the game you want to rip from (Google them), then Dolphin, a GC/Wii emulator. Right click on the ISO of the game and click Properties, then the Filesystem tab. Look through the game's files for ones with a .BRSTM extension. There's this thing called BrawlBox that opens these .BRSTM files which should contain the sounds. Keep in mind that they may be in other formats though.

Do you know anything about extracting sounds from Xbox?
Thanked by:
(08-16-2013, 01:15 PM)Axle the Red Wrote: There's this thing called BrawlBox that opens these .BRSTM files which should contain the sounds. Keep in mind that they may be in other formats though.

But what about the BRSAR files? Don't they contain sounds as well?
Thanked by:
They do but I didn't mention that as I'm not sure about them.
Wii games can be really iffy in the sounds area but you can try .BRSAR Unpack or Ripping Mama. There's a list of tools here.

And I don't know anything about XBOX, hence why I didn't mention it. I have a supposed XBOX 360 sound extractor but I've never used it so I don't know if it works.

And I guess I'll get these today. Just have been kinda overwhelmed by all the pending submissions.
Thanked by:
(08-27-2013, 09:20 AM)Axle the Red Wrote: They do but I didn't mention that as I'm not sure about them.
Wii games can be really iffy in the sounds area but you can try .BRSAR Unpack or Ripping Mama. There's a list of tools.

Brsar_unpack and Ripping_mama. So how do they work? Do I have to put them in something?
Thanked by:
They're not very useful if you want all the sound samples. Use BrawlBox or a hex editor + vgmstream.
Thanked by:
^ You'll have to look up how to use those things if the readmes don't tell you anything.

...By the way, everything's finally up.
Thanked by:
(08-28-2013, 07:08 PM)smithuser Wrote: They're not very useful if you want all the sound samples. Use BrawlBox or a hex editor + vgmstream.

I have vgmstream. I don't have a hex editor.
Thanked by:
(08-16-2013, 01:15 PM)Axle the Red Wrote: these .BRSTM files which should contain the sounds. Keep in mind that they may be in other formats though.

Do you know anything about the STRM and SEQ files?
Thanked by:
I have never seen those types of files seeing how I have never ripped GameCube sounds.
Sorry I can't be of more help.
Thanked by:
Just adding in here that in the GameCube version of Soul Calibur II, it doesn't use standard formats like this. Everything is in a .olk archive so you'd have to look for a tool to extract it (there's one out there, I just can't remember the name of it), and then convert the sounds which I think are adx sounds in the afs file.
[Image: HcSQAM1.gif]
Thanked by:
(08-30-2013, 08:13 AM)einstein95 Wrote: Everything is in a .olk archive so you'd have to look for a tool to extract it (there's one out there, I just can't remember the name of it), and then convert the sounds which I think are adx sounds in the afs file.

Is it .olk explorer? Or is it some device I know nothing about?
Thanked by:
(08-30-2013, 05:09 PM)Dee15gon Wrote:
(08-30-2013, 08:13 AM)einstein95 Wrote: Everything is in a .olk archive so you'd have to look for a tool to extract it (there's one out there, I just can't remember the name of it), and then convert the sounds which I think are adx sounds in the afs file.

Is it .olk explorer? Or is it some device I know nothing about?

Yeah that would be it. Still tying to find where they are though. Doesn't help I'm using a demo of SC2.
[Image: HcSQAM1.gif]
Thanked by:
(09-02-2013, 07:56 PM)einstein95 Wrote: Yeah that would be it. Still tying to find where they are though. Doesn't help I'm using a demo of SC2.

Inside are these unk files. Do you know anything about those?
Thanked by: