Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Mega Evolution & Other Gen 6 Crap.
Burger 
It has been two months since the new Pokemon generation came out! Fun times! I enjoyed playing through and am now breeding shines and getting competitive Pokemon for battle! So about Mega Evolution. There is quite a few little critters that can Mega Evolve, from Abomasnow to Venusaur, they can become extremely strong or just slightly better. Like every Pokemon, some are better than others, *cough cough* Blaziken* cough cough. Does anybody want to share their thoughts on which Pokemon should get Mega Evolution in the next game/gen. I personally think one of the Poli-Pokes (Politoed or Politwrath), especially Politoed, because he could get a second type.

Also, lets talk new Pokemon, mainly the best of the new bunch. Obvious choices are Greninja, Aegislash and Talonflame. But maybe there is a strategy someone has that they would like to share. Anyway, AquaNinja out!

Does anyone even care?

NinjaNinjaNinjaNinjaNinjaNinjaNinjaNinjaNinjaNinjaNinja

One second you see me, the next second you probably will still see, but the next second you won't!

Wits,Stealth and Speed makes a true ninja.Ninja

Thanked by:
Well I think everything's been said about what people think about it here already, in the main thread. All most of us are doing now is waiting for the most important information above everything else: How it's actually going to mold into the battle system we already know, and what it will do statwise, while others just marvel at the looks. Also, this isn't in the Pokemon subsection, so it'll probably be moved later, if it isn't merged with the main thread. So make sure you look out for that, so you don't know what happened to it.
[Image: tamerkoh.gif?9][Image: DevBanner.png][Image: Youtube.gif]DLBROOKS33
Thanked by:
(08-12-2013, 08:45 PM)Koh Wrote: Well I think everything's been said about what people think about it here already, in the main thread. All most of us are doing now is waiting for the most important information above everything else: How it's actually going to mold into the battle system we already know, and what it will do statwise, while others just marvel at the looks. Also, this isn't in the Pokemon subsection, so it'll probably be moved later, if it isn't merged with the main thread. So make sure you look out for that, so you don't know what happened to it.

Yeah, it will probably be moved, but I did want to make a separate thread because, really, this is it's own topic. Also, on the subject of stats and the like, it seems that Mega Pokemon have unique abilities not found anywhere else, at least that is what it is aiming at for Mega Kangaskhan. Statwise, it will probably just make them the equivalent of Legendary Pokemon.

One second you see me, the next second you probably will still see, but the next second you won't!

Thanked by:
this doesn't belong here, moving.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by: puggsoy
Mega Evolutions seem pretty cool.

My favorite is Mega Mawile:
[Image: rcg1.jpg]
So cute!
Thanked by: Gwen, Baegal, DioShiba
(08-14-2013, 03:50 AM)Stasis Rune Wrote: Mega Evolutions seem pretty cool.

My favorite is Mega Mawile:
[Image: rcg1.jpg]
So cute!

Yeah, it is nice that Mawile gets an evolution!

Thanked by:
I just thought about something.

Like a year or two ago, my friend had mentioned to me how it would've been awesome for Farfetch'd to have an evolution called Unleekly. It'd be a bigger bird thing (naturally) and have a larger leek as a weapon. With this upcoming gimmick on the horizon, I just thought about how it could be made possible again...if they use the exact name, that'd be even more uncanny, but that's impossible, due to the Mega prefix.
Thanked by:
I know I'm in the minority here, but I seriously hope Farfetch'd never evolves even if it sucks--because the fact that it sucks is what makes me love it.
It's Japanese name, Kamonegi, is an abbreviated version of a saying that implies convenience ("a duck carrying an onion", if you were curious. Duck soup involved onions so it's considered convenient to find a duck that already has an onion with it).
It's ALSO convenient in Red/Blue because it can be traded for a really common Spearow, and there's only one Farfech'd in the game.

But it's ALSO pretty Farfetch'd to give up a spearow with good stats for that pokemon C:
I love Farfetch'd too much sue me

And even if it's not a really great justification I feel like giving it an evolution would kind of ruin the concept but welp I'm biased.
[Image: OH4K4jX.gif] [Image: R7WBBzo.gif] [Image: TsJpssj.gif]
-----------------------[Love]-----------------------
Thanked by: Gwen, Zadaben, Tellis
Yeah but that "duck carrying an onion" saying doesn't apply anymore now that there are a ton of new ways to catch Farfetch'd.

Thanked by:
I'm also foreseeing other single-evolutionary Pokemon receive a mega-evolution. Tauros, Pinsir, Stantler and Heracross to name a few.
Thanked by:
I don't understand why they don't just give them REAL evolutions.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
(08-15-2013, 09:54 AM)Ton Wrote: I don't understand why they don't just give them REAL evolutions.
I said the same thing, but you saw what happened XP. I guess this gimmick is probably the only way they're going to get one at this point.
Thanked by:
(08-15-2013, 09:54 AM)Ton Wrote: I don't understand why they don't just give them REAL evolutions.

The mechanics are still not clear enough to really judge them. For what I understand is that Mega Evolving is more of a Forme change than really evolving.

Black and White Kyurem are basically Mega Evolutions if it weren't for the method. It's still a Forme change, because no Mega Stone is used. Keldeo's Resolution Forme also appears as if it's a form of evolution rather than a change. Again, the method to achieve this keeps it from being a Mega Evolution.

It goes differently for Giratina. The Griseous Orb can be seen as his "Mega Stone", but because Mega Stones only affect the Pokémon during the battle and not outside, whereas the Griseous Orb is always in effect as long as it's hold, it counts as a Forme change, not a Mega Evolution. The sane goes for Shaymin.

Mega Evolution basically simplifies and generalizes the Forme change concept so it can be applied to a mass of Pokémon.
[Image: QUmE6.gif]
My Game Maker games (Dropbox download links):

Thanked by:
I wouldn't necessarily call it simpler. Unless you find the specific hold stones for each Pokemon, you'll never achieve the megalutions. The same could be said for the form changes of previous Pokemon like Shaymin, and that rock it needs to touch, but at least those were out in the open in an area you'd inevitably pass through. Remember, it was confirmed from the official video you can't get these specific Mega Stones through normal gameplay.
Thanked by:
I have to agree, not being able to obtain Blazikenite through normal gameplay sucks. I doubt this is the case for all Mega Stones, as a matter of fact I'm sure. Why would a Gym Leader specializing in Mega Evolutions explain how it works if it cannot be done outside of events?
[Image: QUmE6.gif]
My Game Maker games (Dropbox download links):

Thanked by: Baegal