Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
The Wonderful 101
Not many people are talking about this game, but it could be one of the greatest Wii U titles yet!

[video=youtube]www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNefE89DZds[/video]

Yeah, definitely going to get it. Reminds me of old Saturday morning kid shows (in a good way)

[Image: 357n7r6_zps67bc167e.gif]
Thanked by:
Looks like it could be pretty good. The trailer is a bit long and basically explains the entire story, but gameplay-wise it looks interesting.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:
The animation style with the mouths makes me think of Robot Chicken; why does it look like it's missing frames? Anyway, the game itself looks pretty intense; like one of those games where it'd be easy to lose track of what the hell is going on, because of how much stuff is happening at once. That aside, the action looks pretty engaging, however.
[Image: tamerkoh.gif?9][Image: DevBanner.png][Image: Youtube.gif]DLBROOKS33
Thanked by:
wonder black is black

how very power rangers
Thanked by:
That might be the longest game trailer I've ever watched, but hit all the right feels.

Thinking a Wii U is in my future...
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by:
Yeah I was reminded of Power Rangers with Wonder Black. Thank goodness the Russian wasn't Wonder Red and the Japanese guy wasn't Wonder Yellow! O_O

Either way I love this game's wacky colorful style and silly animations. The action looks intense but its actually more easy to control than it looks according to some people who played it. However it does look really busy so I agree it might be hard to focus. Either way they certainly know how to get you excited.

Also Tara Strong is Wonder Pink so that should be a great performance.

Thanked by:
Wonder Black is apparently Indian. He's from New Delhi.

[Image: 357n7r6_zps67bc167e.gif]
Thanked by:
As for someone who is in need for more Wii U games, this one i'll might check out. I really like the look of it.
It's nice to enjoy familiar voice actors in games, with Roger Craig Smith and Tara Strong being the ones i can recognize.
And i swear that's Pat Fraley doing the voice of that alien dude. He sounds just like Krang.
[Image: sonamy_animtitle_by_retrobunyip-dbg86ov.gif]
Thanked by:
Looks amazing and reminiscent of nostalgic shows like Digimon and Teen Titans, but it also kinda seems like they give away the entire plot. I was already hooked after 2 minutes, they could've stopped there.
Thanked by: puggsoy
Well the game flopped where it was released and will most likely flop in America. Not too surprised with the piss poor job Nintendo did to advertise and promote the game. How many of your friends know this game exists?

Thanked by:
This game looks a lot more interesting that I originally thought. The characters sure are poppy!

People noticing Tara and not Debi Sad
Thanked by:
We'll see what happens on the 15th but its a shame. The guys at Platinum worked so hard on this game and its all Nintendo's fault for it being a failure.

Thanked by:
(09-11-2013, 07:26 PM)Koopaul Wrote: We'll see what happens on the 15th but its a shame. The guys at Platinum worked so hard on this game and its all Nintendo's fault for it being a failure.

despite having several trailers and the community's ability to share videos across platforms and social network sites? completely nintendo's fault. If someone likes the game, I'm sure they won't tell anyone about it and rely on a single company to market a single game for a single console.
Thanked by: Kriven, BullockDS, Bigfoot, Marth
I'm afriad it doesn't work like that. Us gaming nerds are inclined to look up stuff online and share it among our gamer friends, but the average consumer makes up a much bigger percentage of the market. We are the minority.

We need some REAL tv ads to spread the word around. I have some gamer friends who I sometimes play with. Even though they love video games and consider themselves gamers, they never watch E3, look at game trailers or read game news. Even though they are "hardcore gamers" they are casual about how they buy games. If they hear about it from something, or see it somewhere and it sounds cool, they'll buy it.

And given how people are, I think that applies to the majority of consumers. Ads count. Big time.

Thanked by: Gwen