Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Below Kryll, A.K.A. another PortalGuru indie puzzle platformer thread
Game link here.

Okay so

Basically what you have here is a one-player standard action-platformer where you play as a ninja and run, jump, slash things, pray at shrines, level up, gain new skills, and get all sorts of new character-progression-y things along the way.

The game is split into two "worlds", "Upper Kryll" and the "real world". Upper Kryll is designed by the developers, and more or less acts as the game's campaign mode. The game is still in very early alpha, so Upper Kryll is still not fully playable, as some parts are under construction, but you probably won't be spending nearly as much time there as you will in the "real world", where the bulk of the experience lies.

The true twist/draw to Below Kryll isn't in its mechanics or its predesigned stages, but in its community creation tools. Any member of the game's userbase can enter the "real world", and, for 50 in-game coins (obtained from completing levels), build their own section of the world. Save for a "base" layer of rooms at the surface of the world, everything underneath is completely user generated, and all rooms are connected, making the entire world seem seamless and whole, rather than simply being a collection of disjointed levels.

It's also completely free, so I'd urge you to play it, if not for the spectacular sense of exploration, at least so that I can have people to chat with.

Yup okay that was my post seeya on the flipside guys

Oh yeah and a video might be nice too so here's that
[Image: Bear2.png]
[Image: tumblr_ljk17tWfME1qd7kbno1_250.gif]
Thanked by: Sevenstitch, renboy
Sounds interesting. My computer seems to struggle with the login screen, so unfortunately I can't really try it, but after all it is in alpha. Once it's a bit further along I might give it a go again.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:
(07-26-2013, 04:20 AM)puggsoy Wrote: Sounds interesting. My computer seems to struggle with the login screen, so unfortunately I can't really try it, but after all it is in alpha. Once it's a bit further along I might give it a go again.

Try clicking on the full-screen button in the login screen (it's in the bottom right corner) - seemed to have done the trick - things are running smooth now.
Thanked by:
I like this, made a level too Smile
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by:
(08-01-2013, 06:18 PM)renboy Wrote:
(07-26-2013, 04:20 AM)puggsoy Wrote: Sounds interesting. My computer seems to struggle with the login screen, so unfortunately I can't really try it, but after all it is in alpha. Once it's a bit further along I might give it a go again.

Try clicking on the full-screen button in the login screen (it's in the bottom right corner) - seemed to have done the trick - things are running smooth now.

From browsing the game's forums, I'm assuming that you're one of the game's creators? Excellent job with it, by the way. I'm thoroughly enjoying it so far.
[Image: Bear2.png]
[Image: tumblr_ljk17tWfME1qd7kbno1_250.gif]
Thanked by:
I made a chat room named 'tsr', we can chat while dropping swords all over the place
Thanked by:
(08-02-2013, 08:13 PM)ThePortalGuru Wrote:
(08-01-2013, 06:18 PM)renboy Wrote:

From browsing the game's forums, I'm assuming that you're one of the game's creators? Excellent job with it, by the way. I'm thoroughly enjoying it so far.

Yes, I am the lead designer and the client programmer.
Thank you for the kind words Smile

Gors here have already made quite a few creations that rival the best of them Wink (and some devious platforming to boot)

Have fun, and let me/us know if you have any suggestions/issues/whatnot.
Thanked by: Shade
Resurrecting this thread to add this

if you are not playing this, I think you should at least try it once, it's got so much better since the OP Smile
Thanked by: Sevenstitch, Zac, puggsoy