Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Help with ripping from Mario Galaxy?
Question 
It has probably been discussed before, I'm trying to rip models from Super Mario Galaxy, but I don't know how to take the gelatinous goop that is the .Arc files and turn them into a working model.

I do know that stuff has been ripped from it before, so there's obliviously some way to do it.

I tried doing the tutorial on how to rip from the Game Specific Model Ripping Guides topic on Mario Galaxy stuff:

Quote:Here's what tool goes to what. Just drag your file into the program and it'll output a file in the same folder:
.SZS = yaz0dec.exe
.SZP = yay0dec.exe
.ARC *= rarcdump.exe
.RARC = rarcdump.exe
.BTI (Textures) = btidump.exe

*May not be compressed, but there are also many variants of this format by other companies on a number of consoles. Don't be surprised if you find a game that uses this format and it doesn't extract because its not the Nintendo variant.

Super Mario Galaxy is a Nintendo game, I know that, you know that, but apparently Rarcdump doesn't.

Whenever I put an Arc file into Rarcdump I just get an empty folder. Angry

If someone could help me out, point me in the direction of a tutorial or a program, I would be very greatful!
Thanked by:
Found this tutorial :
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/se...clnk&gl=tn

Why google cache ? well because the board's been down for 2 days now.
Thanked by:
Thanks! I'll give the tutorial a shot when I get the chance. Big Grin
Thanked by:
(07-19-2013, 08:22 AM)Vince5754 Wrote: It has probably been discussed before, I'm trying to rip models from Super Mario Galaxy, but I don't know how to take the gelatinous goop that is the .Arc files and turn them into a working model.

I do know that stuff has been ripped from it before, so there's obliviously some way to do it.

I tried doing the tutorial on how to rip from the Game Specific Model Ripping Guides topic on Mario Galaxy stuff:

Quote:Here's what tool goes to what. Just drag your file into the program and it'll output a file in the same folder:
.SZS = yaz0dec.exe
.SZP = yay0dec.exe
.ARC *= rarcdump.exe
.RARC = rarcdump.exe
.BTI (Textures) = btidump.exe

*May not be compressed, but there are also many variants of this format by other companies on a number of consoles. Don't be surprised if you find a game that uses this format and it doesn't extract because its not the Nintendo variant.

Super Mario Galaxy is a Nintendo game, I know that, you know that, but apparently Rarcdump doesn't.

Whenever I put an Arc file into Rarcdump I just get an empty folder. Angry

If someone could help me out, point me in the direction of a tutorial or a program, I would be very greatful!
You need to decompress it with yaz0dec.exe. It'll output a .RARC file.
Thanked by: