Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Earthbound is coming to Virtual Console on the WiiU
Finally.

Hopefully it won't be butchered with changes from the original. Willing to bet they ether took the time to make those changes or see if they can use most of the content from the people who own the songs.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:
Heard about this a while back. Good news for anyone who hasn't played it i guess

I liked earthbound, but I don't really think it'll sell all that well unfortunately
Us older folks will buy it, most likely, but what about like the whole bulk of the Nintendo market? Kids?

Its just one of those "Old School" of gaming kind of things; Do kids these days even like turn-based Dragon Warrior-style games?

All that aside, I'm glad they finally got around to doing it

Although, I've had a modded WAD file of it on my wii for like 5 years or more soo... at least now I can pay them rather than steal it i guess
[Image: 22610_s.gif]

Thanked by:
If I remember right, I absolutely hated how slow this game started. It was a turn off for me, because it took too long for things to get interesting, and the battles felt slow-paced, yet the need to grind in the beginning like any other RPG requires you to sit through it.

@Sevenstitch: Dragon Quest is still the most popular RPG series in Japan. So although the western market may not have nearly as many sales, it'll probably warrant enough from Japan. I bet if you made the game an FPS set in a post-apocalyptic world, it'd sell like candy over here.
[Image: tamerkoh.gif?9][Image: DevBanner.png][Image: Youtube.gif]DLBROOKS33
Thanked by:
Do kid's like turn based rpgs? Pokemon has a turn based battle system and kids eat it up, same with Final Fantasy.

Also most kids have played Brawl, so Ness is a familiar face and I'm sure plenty of kids want to know where Ness game from/experience Ness's origins. But that's just my take.

Anyway I'm really happy to have it on the VC and I'll be making the purchase once it is released.
Thanked by: Kriven, Mutsukki
I'll be getting it. I played it on my SNES so much as a kid I killed the battery in the cartridge.

[Image: 357n7r6_zps67bc167e.gif]
Thanked by:
I'm pretty sure Nintendo will get numbers they like now. And newer kids getting exposed to it is really good too. And even if the kids don't get it, the fanbase is huge
Thanked by: DioShiba
Ahahaha so, Nintendo decided to release it TODAY out of nowhere

http://kotaku.com/is-earthbound-coming-t...-825120140

And with a $10 price... (the same price used for N64 games)

...I already bought mine, but now I'm not so sure about people wanting to try it out...

The trailer's pretty cool though
Thanked by: Ploaj, Baegal
Awesome! If you notice any changes would you mind making note?
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
The thing about the game being rated T is kinda expected due to the whole "abortedfetusaliencreepystaticrapeswimsuitfinalboss".l
Thanked by:
(07-18-2013, 01:37 PM)Goombaking123 Wrote: The thing about the game being rated T is kinda expected due to the whole "abortedfetusaliencreepystaticrapeswimsuitfinalboss".l

I don't think it has much to do with that specific element, but I do remember that there were a ton of things that made earthbound pretty questionable like that scene where you have to follow a woman in the bikini only to get ambushed by a bunch of zombies and some of the ideas that child kidnappings happen.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:
(07-18-2013, 01:14 PM)Ton Wrote: Awesome! If you notice any changes would you mind making note?

You can use the control stick on the Gamepad to make Ness Spin much easier.... Other then that It's pretty much a replica I'm surprised that it still has the original soundtrack and on the Miiverse There isn't any stupid questions.... yet... Y Can't Earthbound Crawl!?
[Image: 1lYIpk9.gif] GET THESE MEMES OFF THE TABLE! -Hiyna
http://www.twitch.tv/hiynastrike live when I feel like it... You just gotta get lucky
[Image: xG4BaYw.gif]

Also Love Stuff

Hey Look! I support stuff!
Thanked by: Gors, Ton, recme
Thumbs Down 
I remember reading a Nintendo News article about this game(called Mother 2 in Japan)'s release on Wii U being advertised on a bill board in Japan. That's when you know it's a really good game...

...and maybe because the Wii U was really low on games too [Image: L_Idontknow.png]
Respect and Care
Love for People
Faith in Christ
Thanked by:
Whoa, I missed the release! brb downloading

[Image: 357n7r6_zps67bc167e.gif]
Thanked by:
(07-07-2013, 08:34 AM)Sevenstitch Wrote: I liked earthbound, but I don't really think it'll sell all that well unfortunately
Us older folks will buy it, most likely, but what about like the whole bulk of the Nintendo market? Kids?

Its just one of those "Old School" of gaming kind of things; Do kids these days even like turn-based Dragon Warrior-style games?

Since most kids these days are into shooting things, that wouldn't be too surprising... If you give them a choice between playing a game about a boy with special powers and a game where you're a trooper shooting things until they bleed to death, the choice is pretty clear... It's sad, really.

Still, not all kids are the same whiny, little boogers who think playing an M rated game would make them "cool." There maybe hope yet that the younger generation would open their eyes and see what a really good game is like! ...... Either that, or Nintendo could rename it "Call of Duty-bound" and try to trick some kids into playing it.

(07-18-2013, 11:56 AM)Mutsukki Wrote: Ahahaha so, Nintendo decided to release it TODAY out of nowhere

http://kotaku.com/is-earthbound-coming-t...-825120140

And with a $10 price... (the same price used for N64 games)

...I already bought mine, but now I'm not so sure about people wanting to try it out...

The trailer's pretty cool though

Oh? You don't say! I was thinking it wouldn't be released until August or something. I might try buying it once I figure out how to make a Wii U download stuff in Europe.

By the way, are the Beatles references still in the game? My friend Scoots would hate it if they cut those kinds of things out. That's what give the game its charm after all!
(02-27-2014, 07:31 PM)Gors Wrote: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SUCK. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHOW YOUR SUCKY ART. I think this needs to go noticed to everyone, because sucking is not failing. Sucking is part of the fun of learning and if you don't suck, then you won't own at pixelart

it's ok to suck, sucking is not bad, just try and aim to always do your best!
Thanked by:
Bought it. Being playing it for hours, and really enjoying it. (First time i ever tried the game out)
So far, i'm up to the Titanic Ant. Now i have to reach him again after dying. Cry
[Image: sonamy_animtitle_by_retrobunyip-dbg86ov.gif]
Thanked by: Baegal