Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
GET SWOLE
[Image: 859NEZJ.png]
SO SWOLE YOUR HEAD LITERALLY BURSTS INTO FLAMES

also this thing I need to finish.
[Image: tumblr_moekv9vWuc1r4pvnao1_100.gif]

Hopefully I will keep this updated with progress.
ooh didn't you make some fire emblem portraits ?

as for the megaman animation, the backfire or whatever it is is way too soft
it doesn't very feel alive beyond that, just take a look at the leg to our left : it isn't moving at all
the leg to right's movement is really weird as well
i think that you made this all at once, drawing after drawing in straight ahead animation
what you should do is redraw it by doing first the whole animation just for the hips and torso, then add legs, then arms, etc (all the while thinking about your curves of movement)
this allows for very fluid movement, but don't forget to keep in mind the whole pose during the process

keep it up though that fire head guy is looking pretty sweet
[Image: E3DU8rS.png]
Reference
♥ ♥ ♥ LOVE ♥ ♥ ♥
Omega ; Phant Mmkay ; Baegal ; Gorsal ; Drakocat ; Chaoxys ; TomGuyCott ; Chris2balls ; Mighty Jetters ; Blueblur97 ; NICKtendo DS ;
Kachua (Secret Santa) ; and some more that i need to locate, save and link onto here
Thanked by:
[Image: 11gn5l5.jpg]
I made this for a thread a while back, the principal is the same, you need more "settling" frames. Basically the slowdown after the initial recoil.
THIS IS MY DESTINY.
Thanked by: Baegal, SchAlternate
[Image: tumblr_mozkzsBPUd1r4pvnao1_400.png]
getting swoler

Re: Megaman

Thanks for the advice so far, if I get around to fixing the recoil (I might not, I just want to get this finished :v), it'll probably be a bit later. Right now I'm focusing on figuring out the style I want for the shading/buster shot.

Re: Fire Emblem Stuff

Yeah, still do. Just lots of in progress stuff that's stalled due to (a lack of) motivation :p
Just, so you know, "animation's all in the timing and the spacing".
God is good.  Big Grin

An old fart who sits on a chair, giving animation and pixeling advice,... and calls everyone son...
Thanked by:
[Image: tumblr_mpph0ccSqj1r4pvnao1_250.png][Image: V9qiuYh.png]
Finally prototyped the shading scheme, huzzah! Basically the plan for this right now is to clean up the animation, and in the future when I have more time to think about things/motivation to do the dirty work, actually make the animation pizzazzy and stuff.
megaman's skin is a bit pale, maybe you could make it more saturated to contrast with his blue armor.

also always provide a 1x version of the sprite when showing to better see the pixels. (though I don't think there's too many errors in this one)
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by: Virt
Edited that in, whoops! :v
Thanked by:
[Image: tumblr_mpyp6q6rXN1r4pvnao1_r1_400.png][Image: ni6apSW.png]
The spirit sprite of vengeance RIDES AGAIN

stop procrastinating on megaman self
maybe you could benefit with a darker 'black' instead of this unsaturated purple color. Otherwise, it looks great
Thanked by:
Do you mean the background/outline color, or the general palette for his jacket along with that? I agree with the outline color and changed that.
Thanked by:
I assume that it's the general palette. Also, you may want to add a clearer line between the three pairs of teeth to our left, as from a distance, those teeth look like they are extended, while there is a clear border between the other top and bottom teeth.
Quote:Everyone's crazy. Most people are just crazy in the same way and call it normal.
-Me

I'm DeathByJaguar, but you can call me Ricky, I guess. I dunno. I draw, program a little, and am writing a novel that has no title at the moment.
Thanked by:
Well, I don't have any issues with the current jacket palette so I'll leave that untouched, although I agree with the teeth observation. In the meantime

[Image: tumblr_mq0i0fGaAO1r4pvnao1_400.png]
oh god, my head is on fire
(07-15-2013, 03:04 PM)x0_000 Wrote: Do you mean the background/outline color, or the general palette for his jacket along with that? I agree with the outline color and changed that.

yeah, I meant the background color.

as tor the fire head guy, shouldn't it cast a yellow-ish light on himself, and make the shading a lot more dramatic considering that he's really near to a lightsource?
Thanked by:
Yeah, I just don't really want to deal with the logistics of that yet Tongue Shading's going to be a pain, basically.
Thanked by: