Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
The Big Three for Kingdom Hearts
Many fans were waiting for this game to come out and we finally get a trailer!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvDvkOh591A

The good news is that Square-Enix is finally giving us what we always wanted! ....... The bad news is that it'll also be on the XBox One...

In any case, though, I created this thread as a means for fans of this game series to talk about it and state our theories and possible content for the game. What do you guys think will be going on in this game?
(02-27-2014, 07:31 PM)Gors Wrote: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SUCK. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHOW YOUR SUCKY ART. I think this needs to go noticed to everyone, because sucking is not failing. Sucking is part of the fun of learning and if you don't suck, then you won't own at pixelart

it's ok to suck, sucking is not bad, just try and aim to always do your best!
Thanked by:
As much as I love KH1, I didn't love the second one and I haven't touched any of the side games since Chain of Memories on GBA. I'm still interested in what worlds are used and everything, so I'll follow the news about the game, but I don't know if I'll buy it. I hope it's good.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by: E-Man
(06-12-2013, 10:46 AM)Tonberry2k Wrote: As much as I love KH1, I didn't love the second one and I haven't touched any of the side games since Chain of Memories on GBA. I'm still interested in what worlds are used and everything, so I'll follow the news about the game, but I don't know if I'll buy it. I hope it's good.

Are you kidding me? I love the first Kingdom Hearts game! It was a great mix of platforming, puzzle solving, combat, and exploration. Chain of Memories was a case that was a little strange to play due to the card system, while the second game was more combat focused and threw almost everything else out the window. The rest of the games touched on what I liked about KH1 with various levels of success.

It's a shame the first game is so underrated and the second one gets all the attention.
(02-27-2014, 07:31 PM)Gors Wrote: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SUCK. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHOW YOUR SUCKY ART. I think this needs to go noticed to everyone, because sucking is not failing. Sucking is part of the fun of learning and if you don't suck, then you won't own at pixelart

Thanked by:
I have a problem with newer KHs being on consoles I DON'T want. Gonna try Dream Drop Distance, but if this is Xbox exclusive I'm definitely passing. In a storm I might not be able to even PLAY the damn system.
Thanked by:
(06-12-2013, 11:10 AM)E-Man Wrote:
(06-12-2013, 10:46 AM)Tonberry2k Wrote: As much as I love KH1, I didn't love the second one and I haven't touched any of the side games since Chain of Memories on GBA. I'm still interested in what worlds are used and everything, so I'll follow the news about the game, but I don't know if I'll buy it. I hope it's good.

Are you kidding me? I love the first Kingdom Hearts game! It was a great mix of platforming, puzzle solving, combat, and exploration. Chain of Memories was a case that was a little strange to play due to the card system, while the second game was more combat focused and threw almost everything else out the window. The rest of the games touched on what I liked about KH1 with various levels of success.

It's a shame the first game is so underrated and the second one gets all the attention.

I think you may have misread. I love the first one, but didn't like the second one much.
Thanked by:
I'm a massive fan of the series, and think that I've played and completed each of them besides Dream Drop Distance.
I'm psyched. Who cares if it's on Xbox One? It won't be exclusive, as it was shown as a PS4 title.

I actually really enjoyed 2, my only complaint being the fucking 3 hour introduction...
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by: E-Man, Ton, Rosencrantz
(06-12-2013, 11:24 AM)Tonberry2k Wrote:
(06-12-2013, 11:10 AM)E-Man Wrote:

I think you may have misread. I love the first one, but didn't like the second one much.

I don't think I misread anything... All I said was that I love the first Kingdom Hearts game, while I didn't care for CoM and the second one. What makes you think that I misunderstood what you said? If it had something to do with the "kidding me" part, I was just surprised that I met someone else that shares a similar opinion to me.

(06-12-2013, 11:18 AM)TomGuycott Wrote: I have a problem with newer KHs being on consoles I DON'T want. Gonna try Dream Drop Distance, but if this is Xbox exclusive I'm definitely passing. In a storm I might not be able to even PLAY the damn system.

Don't worry! It's not just going to be on XBox One. It's also a PS4 title like Dazz said. I do find it strange while Square-Enix agreed to put it on XBox one, though...

Thanked by:
(06-12-2013, 11:35 AM)Dazz Wrote: I'm a massive fan of the series, and think that I've played and completed each of them besides Dream Drop Distance.
I'm psyched. Who cares if it's on Xbox One? It won't be exclusive, as it was shown as a PS4 title.

I actually really enjoyed 2, my only complaint being the fucking 3 hour introduction...

Ugh. Roxas. That left me with a bad taste from the start, much like the stealth at the beginning of Wind Waker did for that game.
Thanked by: E-Man, Kriven
(06-12-2013, 12:32 PM)Tonberry2k Wrote:
(06-12-2013, 11:35 AM)Dazz Wrote: I'm a massive fan of the series, and think that I've played and completed each of them besides Dream Drop Distance.

Ugh. Roxas. That left me with a bad taste from the start, much like the stealth at the beginning of Wind Waker did for that game.

Yeah, I dread stealth in any Zelda game, too. Getting captured scares me a lot...

Speaking of Roxas, any idea on why he, Axel, and the rest of the Organization are so popular? I don't get what the big deal about them is...

Thanked by:
I've liked all the Kingdom Hearts games. The first one fails in comparison to 2 for me SOLELY because of the stiff controls. KH2 Polished all of that off, while having a smoother running engine. If KH 1 was remade with KH2's engine, it would feel A LOT better. And I loved Chains of Memories; it added an extra strategy layer to the standard combat by making you watch what cards you throw out.
[Image: tamerkoh.gif?9][Image: DevBanner.png][Image: Youtube.gif]DLBROOKS33
Thanked by:
(06-12-2013, 12:32 PM)Tonberry2k Wrote: Ugh. Roxas. That left me with a bad taste from the start, much like the stealth at the beginning of Wind Waker did for that game.

HEY! Angry

Anyways, I like all of the games from the series. However, I didn't really like the card system in COM and RE:COM.
Thanked by: Kriven, Virt, Ton, Gwen, Rosencrantz
(06-12-2013, 01:09 PM)Koh Wrote: I've liked all the Kingdom Hearts games. The first one fails in comparison to 2 for me SOLELY because of the stiff controls. KH2 Polished all of that off, while having a smoother running engine. If KH 1 was remade with KH2's engine, it would feel A LOT better. And I loved Chains of Memories; it added an extra strategy layer to the standard combat by making you watch what cards you throw out.

Now that you mentioned it, KH:CoM had that perk with the card system. I loved using a Zero card to break all the other cards out there. Good times...

By the way, aren't they remaking KH1 and porting it over to America? I think it has a new control scheme if I'm not mistaken.

Thanked by:
That card fad was over before COM even came out. I don't know why they used it.
And I feel like the Nobodies/Organization XIII made the plot overly convoluted and weighed it down as an attempt at being "mature."
Thanked by: Kriven
(06-12-2013, 05:07 PM)Tonberry2k Wrote: That card fad was over before COM even came out. I don't know why they used it.
And I feel like the Nobodies/Organization XIII made the plot overly convoluted and weighed it down as an attempt at being "mature."

Card fad as in games like Yu-Gi-Oh and stuff? I used to like that, but I hardly think about it anymore...

As for the Org, I really don't care for them. It made the story a little more interesting, but I could live without it.

If you ask me, what the Kingdom Hearts games need is not only showing how darkness is a good thing (which they more or less already did), but also show that the Heartless are not as bad as they seem.

Thanked by:
(06-12-2013, 10:41 AM)E-Man Wrote: The bad news is that it'll also be on the XBox One...

What's so bad about that?

Sure the Xbox one is shit but that doesn't mean that they can't release the game on different platforms.

This game is being released by a business. Not a picky teenager. It's not like anyone is pointing a gun at your head telling you that it's going to be exclusive to the Xdone anyways.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by: