Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Need suggestions for apocalyptic scenary
This isn't really a request so I wasn't sure where to put it, as much fun as it is looking through dozens of game rips, I thought I'd ask.

Would anyone know good games to check out for apocalyptic-looking scenary? Such as broken houses, charred trees... depressing stuff like that, it has to be a side-scrolling platformer perspective though.
Thanked by:
I'm moving this to QIT, but how about smashed cars? I'm better at accurate post-apocalyptic than apocalyptic Tongue
Thanked by:
Some of the dark versions of worlds from Super Meat Boy would probably fit that atmosphere, as well as the light version of Hell. You can probably find them here, although I don't know how they're stored (in small bits, different layers, one big image, etc).
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by: Masamune
Oh, that's actually what I ment, post-apocalyptic. Genki ^_^ I'll take a look at anything you'd suggest Sengir. Smile

Super Meat Boy apparently has everything, looks like I need to piece it together and colour it myself though. Broken cars would be nice.
Thanked by: puggsoy
Some ideas:
- some growth on buildings (like vines, which might work with a platformer)
- rusted cars, maybe some with broken windows or missing doors
- a lot of smashed things; after a cataclysmic event there'll be a lot of damage from looters
- fences with missing sections of wood, stolen by scavengers
- shanties made out of scrap tin or aluminum sheets

Also don't forget to look at Fallout sheets on tSR!
Thanked by:
Would any other games come to mind from your ideas? I'll check out Fallout stuff, but wasn't the fallout series isometric? I'm unsure how well that would fit in a platformer perspective.
Thanked by:
If it's a platformer perspective you're looking for, try stage 1 and 3 from Contra III The Alien Wars. It's more alien invasion than apocalyptic but it could help.
Doofenshmirtz: This is a little bit awkward but have you seen my escape jet keys? (Perry nods) What, you have? Well that's great! So where are they? (Perry looks away) You won't tell me? Is this because you don't speak or are you just being a jerk?
~Phineas and Ferb, "One Good Scare Ought to Do It!" (2008)
Thanked by: