Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Poll: Should we add icons to The Sounds Resource?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, for games and sounds!
25.00%
4 25.00%
Yes, but only for games!
75.00%
12 75.00%
No, I am boring and like the site with no images!
0%
0 0%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Icons for The Sounds Resource?
So, I think we should have icons on The Sounds Resource and I know that there are some of you agree and some who don't. I understand that the main concern is that it's not exactly an intuitive process coming up with an icon to represent a sound and I agree but I think it can be done and it would make the site look a lot better.

So, vote away and let me know your thoughts!
Thanked by:
I vote that games might have icons, but not the actual sound files. They'd be impossible to come up with!
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
I'll vote yes but only to Dazz's suggestion. Tongue
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
I have faith in your ability to make icons for sounds Tongue
Thanked by:
Icons for games, yes!
[Image: 27348983yu7.png]
Thanked by:
(06-07-2013, 12:05 PM)Dazz Wrote: I vote that games might have icons, but not the actual sound files. They'd be impossible to come up with!

Double-thanked to show my vote goes for this idea.
[Image: WwmoM3d.png]
Currently working on: working and wedding planning
Thanked by:
(06-07-2013, 01:02 PM)redblueyellow Wrote: Double-thanked to show my vote goes for this idea.

O_o

Also, I modified the poll to include that middle-ground option. Assuming you guys have the ability to do so, go ahead and re-cast your votes!

Edit:
So, apparently nobody can re-vote. I'll re-create the poll then.
Thanked by:
Yeah, I like Dazz's idea. Making custom thumbs for every sound would be....painful.
Thanked by:
Just for the games, keep the text list for the archives since it can be hard to make icons for those.
Thanked by:
Maybe I'm just not thinking about this correctly. Would it really be that difficult to come up with icons for sounds? I feel like most of them are associated with someone or something from a game, making an image fairly simple to obtain.

Also, I recreated the poll but existing votes need to be re-cast.
Thanked by:
no, there are many sounds that are for miscellaneous things and other things like... well, we just can't make icons for those. we're the ones that have to do the uploading work as well as making icons, sometimes. Tongue
I think it really looks fine as text.
Thanked by:
Excuses! You'll have much less uploading to do soon so there will be time to make icons!
Thanked by:
excuses my foot, tell me how you'd make icons for 30 some parts of misc. sounds especially if the game in question doesn't have much art out there on the internet. Tongue
Thanked by: Masamune
At least one of those misc. sounds is associated with something physical in-game though, isn't it? For instance, in a package or misc. sound effects from Sonic, a ring would likely be an appropriate icon.
Thanked by: Ton
Just have a picture of something music-related from the game or series. Something from Mario Paint's music maker (Mario), Mike (Kirby), Vector (Sonic), Rock and Roll... or anything (Megaman), etc.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by: