Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[?] Mortal Kombat sprites?
Why are there so few Mortal Kombat sprites? Will more be uploaded? The same question applies to Primal Rage as well.
Question Block
Thanked by:
Those games weren't ripped yet because people didn't have any interest in ripping them. Rippers rip whatever they want, and Mortal Kombat/Primal Rage aren't in their ripping list.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by:
Not only that but some games are also hard to rip as well due to the compression that the games have so that means ripping from the ROM is out. Plus one the methods of ripping arcade games is the MAME tileviewer and some games just don't support it or only support so much (it is why some other arcade games including some big names haven't been ripped yet). For the sprites that are on the site, they have been captured and had the backgrounds removed so they might not be complete on the site in terms of the arcade version (the Genesis version of MK1 is ROM ripped, trust me on this one). Also from what I read, Primal Rage has protection that hasn't been figured out so while the game does work, it isn't 100% so that means some moves for some of the characters won't work, the wikipedia page explains it (note: there is no Master System port): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primal_Rage

Someone did managed to find a way of viewing some unused sprites in the Mortal Kombat series though in game even though the person has not disclosed it but then you have to deal with a black background which isn't good if one of the characters use black in their sprites.

Believe it or not, there are people who want to rip graphics from the MK series (one person even considered writing a disassembler) but have yet to figure it out. So far the only way to rip Mortal Kombat and Primal Rage would have to be the more fuller ports e.g. PS1/Saturn for MKII/MK3 or Mortal Kombat Trilogy that features some unused moves that are used but they are compressed too from what I heard.
Thanked by: Garamonde, Ton
Pretty much everyone from MK 1-3 is ripped in the SNES section.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by: