Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
DDP's Submissions
Hellllloooooo tSR! I've been stalking you for a few years now and it looks like it's finally time to open up and flash my......sprites......yeah. Tried submitting some of these to Dazz but it doesn't seem like he reads his email much...

Anyways, if anyone thinks any of these are incomplete and they want to add something themselves, go ahead and show me so I can add them to the image and credit them. C&C is appreciated for improvement on future sheets, but don't get your hopes up that I'll edit these myself. Rolleyes

Thanked by: Ton, AkumaTh
This is really cool! The Zelda stuff is particularly impressive. Generally we like to put custom sprites in the discussion section to get some feedback before we put stuff up, just in case someone had a comment or maybe sparks something in you to add a bit more/correct something on the sheet. I'm going to move this over there for a couple days before I put them up.

And welcome!
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by: DragonDePlatino
I have to say your work looks really impressive. Glad to see Roll's battle suit look more than just a recolor of Megaman's.
[Image: okwksDc.png]
Thanked by: Ton, DragonDePlatino
(05-28-2013, 08:12 PM)Tonberry2k Wrote: This is really cool! The Zelda stuff is particularly impressive. Generally we like to put custom sprites in the discussion section to get some feedback before we put stuff up, just in case someone had a comment or maybe sparks something in you to add a bit more/correct something on the sheet. I'm going to move this over there for a couple days before I put them up.

And welcome!
Hey! Thanks for doin' that for me. I'm still new around here and I'm trying to get the hang of this site's layout and junk. ^^;

I also have a question...I've created some stuff over at PureZC before, including a tektite boss sheet and an NPC sheet, containing both Zelda races and generic humans. How much of this would be accepted (After I change the palette, of course)? Could I pass off the generic humans as being just plain ol' NPCs (i.e. from OoT or MM)?
Thanked by:
At first I was wondering why they were one color, but then I saw the "GBC style" note and it clicked.
Same story. It should be fine, but let it get a little feedback here, then submit. The long-and-short of it is this: People will comment here ("Awesome!" "Great work!" "You should reshade x.") and if everyone likes the sheet after a few days and nobody sees any room for improvement/their suggestions are way off base and you don't want to follow them, just post (or repost, in this case) in the submission section and the Mods will take it from there. Thanks again!

EDIT: I just saw your Megaman style Link, and I love it. Kudos for not just editing a Megaman sprite!
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
Oh? I never got the emails you're talking about... Sad

I check my emails every day... Maybe it was auto-filtered to spam.
In any case, these are pretty wicked! Smile
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by: Ton
let's see...

the official art Zelda sprites seem okay. at least to me.

I'm not sure about "Power Suit" Roll since there aren't any official ties to her directly transforming into Roll.EXE or anything of the sort and it seems a bit odd and random-ish... Power Suit also makes her sound like a Metroid character so it'd probably be better to call it like, "EXE Form" or something like that. still cool though and always great to see Mega Man things.

the Undertales mosters would be okay but... did you use the actual MOTHER 3 palette? most of these are really lacking in contrast and some, like the black and red devil thing and the green thing, seem to even have a slightly different shading style/the shading could be improved on, cause it doesn't look like they all have a defined lightsource, from what little of the shading I can see.

the Fantasy Chess pieces don't look like a huge revamp, tbqh -- more detail was added and the lines aren't horrible like the originals, but these, like the MOTHER 3 styled monsters, still suffer from low contract issues. some also have banding, like the top of the bear's head. otherwise the linework is pretty decent on most of them.

I gotta say, the Mega Man Link is pretty good. I don't have any gripes with it. unless you managed to maybe anti-alias the inside of the sword's outline on his first idle sprite, then that'd be pretty cool.

the GBC NPCs are good, too, but I don't know that much about the style so I'll leave it to others to observe.

aaand the big ol' Tektite... pretty cool, I love Tektites and I like how you did the shading. it makes its front pop out nicely, but I think you should shade the back legs just a wee bit cause it looks odd to me being all solid like that (but again I don't know much about the GBC Zelda style so that might just be how the style works). but it looks weird how its legs are pointy like that when bent. it's the kind of pointy that you get if you were to bend a plastic straw at a non-bendable part, it doesn't really show the joints properly and just looks odd. I don't think I can properly explain right now what I mean but the legs on the sprites you have on the bottom of the sheet are a little better about the pointiness, yet still look like plastic straw crab legs being forcefully bent or something, except for the leg to our right in the front. you have the joints spot-on on that leg, so I'd advise you to try and make the other legs a bit more like that.

for most of this I want to leave others to comment cause I know some of these could do with some work but I'm not an expert so I'm probably missing some flaws too. hope I was understandable, at least, and for reference, here is our own Spriting Dictionary.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
(05-29-2013, 12:35 PM)Axle the Red Wrote: let's see...

Yeah, I'd probably go with the .EXE moniker. The original requester's design looked really quite similar to Roll.EXE's form, so it could be passable. And are there really no canon Battle Suit Roll sprites? I think I saw some in Megaman vs. Met...

Yeah, I color-picked all of the Mother 3 colors, except for a shade or two of the Vegetoid's orange. And as for the shading, Mother 3 had a lot of sprites with incredibly subtle, soft-looking shading, such as the parental kangashark. Of course, there are some sprites out there like the bosses that used more shading, but I really think the low contrast look captures Mother 3's style best...I'll look into reshading the Loox, though.

DX I really hated the original palette of Fantasy Chess, but I wanted to keep it to show I could still pull if off nicely...but it really seems that's not the case. Everyone has been complaining about the palette since. What would you suggest, though? Brightness differences of 20/140? 25/240? I usually work with 30/240.

*Anti-aliases sword* Meh...forums don't seem to be playing very nicely. You'll have to wait for the image from dA to update.

Bendy straw legs. Cute I see what you mean...I think my problem was that I needed that little curl on the end of the line. I'll go ahead and fix that in a minute or two. As for the back leg's shading, I think some sprites like Twinrova's had black shading on them...I'll go ahead and see what it looks like on the sprite.

XD I don't need no silly dictionary! I practically made half those terms! Tongue
Thanked by:
I actually like these a lot. The tektite is particularly interesting. The only problem I have is that the Keaton Fox's tails seem a little odd to me, but I don't have much to say how to fix it... sorry. :X
God is good.  Big Grin

An old fart who sits on a chair, giving animation and pixeling advice,... and calls everyone son...
(05-29-2013, 11:57 PM)SmithyGCN Wrote: I actually like these a lot. The tektite is particularly interesting. The only problem I have is that the Keaton Fox's tails seem a little odd to me, but I don't have much to say how to fix it... sorry. :X
Ah, it's probably just becase they're a bit symmetric, and I had trouble placing all three tails into the sprite. It's something minor, though, so I really think it would be OK in the final submission.
Thanked by: