Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Mega Man Sprites....Oil Man!!
Exclamation 
Ive decided to make one of the most contraversial characters in Mega Man,Oil Man...Hes my first one, he took a few hours, and i used Microsoft Paint for him...(not that it matters,Im not using that for an excuse....)

[Image: mm1-5_megaman-1.png] How does he Look? Feedback is appreciated!!
[Image: 803ce84258.gif]
Thanked by:
Joke topic?
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
(09-20-2008, 11:38 PM)Tonberry2k Wrote: Joke topic?

nope,im dead serious....might mugenize him too....
Thanked by:
Jpeg image and aggravating grammar.

Fix those first and then I'll be willing to help. Even then, you will be penalized for the megaman edit >_>
Thanked by:
(09-20-2008, 11:50 PM)-Dark- Wrote: Jpeg image and aggravating grammar.

Fix those first and then I'll be willing to help. Even then, you will be penalized for the megaman edit >_>

penalized forum member wise,or penalized help wise? And btw, what do you mean that my grammar is aggravating....Ill try to work on it,if you tell me what aggravates....
Thanked by:
...Dark, why would he be Penalized for an edit of a commonly used sprite sheet?

Nonetheless, it's nothing more than a Mega Man with a New head. So...

Glad You put in in sprite discussion..

Also, Oil Man's Arms, Legs, and Body are Grey, not just black.
Thanked by:
I think he means that you're missing punctuation here and there. Especially in your contractions. Your pronoun "I" is lower case when it should be capitalized.
Also you might want to change "Mega Man,Oil Man" to "Mega Man: Oil Man" as you are, in fact, introducing him.

Normally, I don't perform grammar check on other people. <=P

Also, for an edit of Mega Man in 8bit, I don't see how you could've gone wrong, but somehow you did. I know his head is drop shaped, but for some reason, your shaping of his head is off. It seems that it bows inward instead of outward in the back of his head. Try to round it out.
The lower half of his face shouldn't be all peach colored. It makes the drop shaped head look like a helmet instead. Try coloring his entire face the main head color, then taking the peach color you originally used for the face and use that to make a small oval outline where his mouth should be. This will make it more believable. If you don't get what I mean, I'll look for an example.
Also, judging by his art there, he appears to have a light gray color in between the main areas in which have dark blue. You can use the gray from Hard Man's sprite in order to fill in those lighter dark blue areas on the sprite with.
From what I can see: the scarf he has isn't exactly split at the end as you put in your sprite, but entirely whole despite how it looks in the art. The position of the scarf is giving off the impression of a split end to his scarf. It is wavy, not split as you put in your sprite.

Also, you could change the orange to the color of the face as you're only using orange once on the whole sprite. It might work in 16 and 32 bit games where you can get away with a one time use for a single color, but not in 8 bit. It sticks out in an ugly way.

This is pretty much all of the constructive criticism I can give you at this point. It's your choice whether you want to heed it or not.
God is good.  Big Grin

An old fart who sits on a chair, giving animation and pixeling advice,... and calls everyone son...
Thanked by:
Oh,okay....To tell you the truth,I've haven't play a megaman game in my life that wasn't on a GBA,and I only played it for like,maybe 5 minutes...So thats the only picture of oil man i have seen....But thanks for the advice,yall.
Thanked by:
Playing a game has nothing to do with spriting.
I have never played team fortress 2, yet I made sprites. That's no excuse.
[Image: cIUPd.png]
Give me my own member group!
--
megazario Wrote:quite amazing good job make up more keep up the good work
plz dont give me a bad point plz for sounding a bit gay here
Thanked by:
or even knew what his torso looked like....but anyway,im still gonna find vids about him on youtube....
Thanked by:
http://www.megaman-storm.com/Gallery/dis...m=6&pos=14
Was it that hard to search 'Oil man Mega man'?
[Image: cIUPd.png]
Give me my own member group!
--
megazario Wrote:quite amazing good job make up more keep up the good work
plz dont give me a bad point plz for sounding a bit gay here
Thanked by:
(09-21-2008, 09:16 AM)Rakia Wrote: http://www.megaman-storm.com/Gallery/dis...m=6&pos=14
Was it that hard to search 'Oil man Mega man'?

It was on yahoo....But on a side note,I am gonna make his lips that pink colour like in some of those pics....
Thanked by:
If you look at the sheets for any other Megaman boss you'll see that they look nothing like Megs and have none of the same poses.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
Well I guess mines different then.

[Image: 123.png]
Which One do you like better?
Thanked by:
And here is how he looks....
[Image: micheal.png]
Since the original,I fixed the colours,head,design,and gave him the more contraversial face,so he would look the most like,if he was a 8 bit character....Please leed feedback.....
Thanked by: