Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Disgaea: Hour of Darkness
Anyone who calls themselves an RPG fan without having played Disgaea is a hypocrite. Simple as that. I got some mugshot rips of the main characters here. Enjoy.

Note: Due to space constraints i had to cut up the pictures. Sorry

Another Note: If someone asks nicely I might add some "Misc. Characters" like Mid-Boss and Lamington and the prinnies.

Edit: Per regulations I deleted the attachments. Happy now Dazz?
Thanked by:
These are Jpeg'd.
We can't accept them.
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by:
(09-20-2008, 09:05 PM)Dazz Wrote: These are Jpeg'd.
We can't accept them.
...Which is a bit of a pity, really. Very Sad

*still hasn't played Disgaea yet*
Thanked by:
Well well, it seems my noobishness is showing despite my attempts to hide it. Oh well, how shall I go about fixing this Jpeg'dness? If you are referring to the blurs at the edges of the sprites, I'll get right on it.
Thanked by:
You need to rerip them. How did you rip them in the first place?
I tried a while back but was unable to get the palette to actually fit properly.
We could run away
When there's no Mondays

Thanked by:
Disgaea is a tactical RPG, so it's not for every RPG fan. That's a bit of a stupid thing to say.
[Image: cIUPd.png]
Give me my own member group!
--
megazario Wrote:quite amazing good job make up more keep up the good work
plz dont give me a bad point plz for sounding a bit gay here
Thanked by:
(09-21-2008, 10:51 AM)Rakia Wrote: Disgaea is a tactical RPG, so it's not for every RPG fan. That's a bit of a stupid thing to say.

Fine, you got me, but you really are missing out as a tactical RPG fan if you haven't played it. Anyway, I didn't actually rip them, I found them as separate pictures on the NIS website. I'm working on coding an RPG and I was thrilled that I found them, so I decided to post them. I probably should have noticed the fact that they were jpeg'd, but I forgot about that. I'll try to MS Paint the crap away, or i might break out the Photoshop. That'll only take me a month (exponentially longer than the 10 minutes it took to download them lol)
Thanked by:
Download them...?
[Image: tumblr_lctx1p6L3L1qzvjn8o1_500.gif]
Thanked by:
Uh... Yeah, no. We can't accept something you didn't rip.
We could run away
When there's no Mondays

Thanked by:
Really? Whatever, I'll still be working on this. I'll get around to ripping them myself, although I don't see why it matters. At all. The sprites on the site are freeware. Even if they are jpeg'd, I can't see how posting freeware sprites you didn't rip yourself is an issue, as long as you give credit to the original ripper, in this case the NIS website staff. Clear that up for me, will ya?
Thanked by:
Because you didn't do anything. You're taking someone else's work and sticking your name on it.
It's called having morals.
We could run away
When there's no Mondays

Thanked by:
If we took them (even with credit), we'd still be taking the images without asking; and that's pretty much stealing - public domain or not.

As for the fact that they're .jpg, it means that the quality of the sprites has been ruined. Various things like transparency and clarity of outline are removed; making them pretty much useless under most circumstances.
Thanked by:
Ok, yeah, first, I know about the jpeg crap. Second, that makes zero sense. Why would someone make something freeware if they didn't want it to be distributed? Anyway, like I said, I'm working on ripping them myself anyway, but just because of the jpeg blur. If it weren't for that I would fight you on this.
Thanked by:
Why would you fight us on this if the end result won't change.

"If someone wants their work submitted, they'll do it themselves."

We run on that motto, and we're not about to change any time soon. We await your own rip, though.
Thanked by:
Why does this have to be so much more complicated than it sounds? I do not currently own a PS2 (I have the PSP version of Disgaea), so I used a screenshot plugin on my PSP to rip a test sprite (also harder than it sounds) and it seems that either my plugin is bad (unlikely) or Nippon Ichi uses transparencies in it's sprites. The plugin saves screenshots as BMPs, which I understand are reliable in terms of quality. Maybe. Either way, feel free to point out some more signs of noobishness.

Edit: Damnit, i know what it is. The PSP probably just blurs it's own screen for the sake of image quality. Well I have an ISO of Disgaea (note: I own the game for the PS2 but my stupid PS2 broke) and if someone has a way to get sprite files from it, i could use that.
Thanked by: