Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Pokemon Should Look and Play Like This

Why is it the fans can do better than the actual franchise?
[Image: tamerkoh.gif?9][Image: DevBanner.png][Image: Youtube.gif]DLBROOKS33
it should actually do something better than the actual franchise first
[Image: FmY9K.jpg]

Thanked by: Gwen, Maxpphire, Rakia
Actual gameplay looks kinda meh, especially the battles.
Thanked by: Gwen, Maxpphire
a full 3d pokemon game would be nice

but one that doesn't have horrid 3d models. I mean, i'm ok with low poly models but that charmander looks like a spawn from satan saying 'kill me'

otherwise, there's clear effort in that vid. really
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by:
Except this changes all the core mechanics in the game and why the heck should you need to jump in an RPG? This actually looks worse than what I was expecting..
Thanked by: Gwen, Zadaben, Iceman404
I just want a Pokemon MMO, of all the regions, you can choose what region to start in, you can travel to others, Pokemon that debuted in one region is only found in that region (with the exception of baby pokemon), and special regions such as Orre would have special events and quests for all levels of difficulties since no new pokemon appeared in that region.

You could choose to be a Ranger, Trainer, or Breeder to start. All can become a Master Class of sorts, Trainers can turn into Gym Leaders, Elite 4 members, Champion (which would get changed when the champion gets defeated) depending on the server, might have a monthly or weekly or biweekly system incase one account gets too inactive, Rangers could turn into Teachers, Healers (Traveling Pokecenters), and other passive party member titles. Breeders could become Pokemon Professors and give out starter pokemon to the new kids (hence how they get rare pokemon such as the starters) and other very much giving type party member titles.

PVP would be a big thing, and thats what most quests would revolve around, that and catching wild Pokemon.

and boom, a Pokemon game that I would play forever and ever and ever and they would print money oh ghawd would they print money.
M A C H I N E G U N
         ⌒°。>◡<)⌒°
             /_▄︻し┻┳═一(いち)(いち)  ┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨
[Image: tumblr_mr2bjoHi1v1qh8espo1_400.gif][Image: NfIxSTK.gif]
Thanked by: Zadaben, Gwen, Virt, Tellis, Baegal
This game is awesome.
It's weird that pokemon games can be made like this.
I thought that pokemon series (As a game ) is doomed to be always made with spritters and turn-based.
It seems that some people have some brains.I would for certain pay the double of a average mainstream title to have such a game.
Thanked by:
There's a LOT of cool ideas in this!

For one, throwing out a Pokéball and the Pokémon coming out and following you. The dramatically different combat that's a bit like the anime. Being able to return the Pokémon with a RED LASER like in the anime. Jumping seems to be saying "goodbye Strength!". Walking in water seems to be saying "goodbye Surf!" but maybe not.

I think an idea like this could be interesting if done well. I would not want something like this to replace the main series. Some of the spin-offs play drastically different already. Ranger series, Mystery Dungeon series, Conquest, Snap, a lot of variety. It's just weird they won't experiment with a 3D game as much. Most of the 3D console Pokémon games are about battling trainers...

So, what I'm saying, a spin-off console title that was like this would be REALLY COOL.
Thanked by:
(05-24-2013, 05:51 AM)Stasis Rune Wrote: I think an idea like this could be interesting if done well. I would not want something like this to replace the main series. Some of the spin-offs play drastically different already. Ranger series, Mystery Dungeon series, Conquest, Snap, a lot of variety. It's just weird they won't experiment with a 3D game as much. Most of the 3D console Pokémon games are about battling trainers...

So, what I'm saying, a spin-off console title that was like this would be REALLY COOL.

This is the most sensible post in the thread. I wouldn't mind this is a spin-off but as main game? That's kinda crazy...
(05-10-2013, 11:02 AM)Kat Wrote: I just want a Pokemon MMO, of all the regions, you can choose what region to start in, you can travel to others, Pokemon that debuted in one region is only found in that region (with the exception of baby pokemon), and special regions such as Orre would have special events and quests for all levels of difficulties since no new pokemon appeared in that region.

You could choose to be a Ranger, Trainer, or Breeder to start. All can become a Master Class of sorts, Trainers can turn into Gym Leaders, Elite 4 members, Champion (which would get changed when the champion gets defeated) depending on the server, might have a monthly or weekly or biweekly system incase one account gets too inactive, Rangers could turn into Teachers, Healers (Traveling Pokecenters), and other passive party member titles. Breeders could become Pokemon Professors and give out starter pokemon to the new kids (hence how they get rare pokemon such as the starters) and other very much giving type party member titles.

PVP would be a big thing, and thats what most quests would revolve around, that and catching wild Pokemon.

and boom, a Pokemon game that I would play forever and ever and ever and they would print money oh ghawd would they print money.

I actually hate the typical "this is what a Pokemon MMO should be like" responses to what a Pokemon MMO should be like.

All 5 regions? In a full 3d environment with quests and everything? Yeah, there's just no way to make that much content. They would need to make a whole new region to accommodate.

The problem I see with having a Pokemon MMO is that I just don't trust Nintendo to deliver it well. The general aesthetic of the Pokemon world is the cutesy anime shit, which usually translates to cell shaded or just awful graphics in most games that try to transfer the anime visage. And Gamefreak would do it. I know they would. They couldn't tarnish Pokemons cutesy image, which is OK! but not for an MMO.

I don't know. I could go on for hours but I really have to piss.

P.S. this demo looks like pure garbage, 0/11.
[Image: ZJO1oF0.gif]
Thanked by:
Wait... are you saying MMOs can't be cellsahded?

Wut?
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by:
No, I'm saying cell shading looks ridiculous when used to preserve anime stylings. Windwaker did it right... that's about it. I'm playing Ni No Kuni right now and I have to say i love the game, but I really get ripped out of it sometimes when characters are having dialogues just because they look ridiculous 9 times out of 10.
[Image: ZJO1oF0.gif]
Thanked by:
Actually no. You'd just have to travel by sea or air with a pokemon that flys or surfs. Or have an insta travel thingy. But all 5 regions would be possible. It would probably be as expansive as WoW if not a little bigger.
M A C H I N E G U N
         ⌒°。>◡<)⌒°
             /_▄︻し┻┳═一(いち)(いち)  ┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨
[Image: tumblr_mr2bjoHi1v1qh8espo1_400.gif][Image: NfIxSTK.gif]
Thanked by:
The thing is, the current model makes Gamefreaks already so much money. All 5 regions and a MMO would change the core concept of the game (real-life social interaction) and would actually require more effort for probably less money. While things could be always added as future expansions, I don't see it happening.

Then again, Dragon Quest, another turn based RPG, DID become an MMO with X...
Thanked by:
That's a good point about Dragon Quest getting an MMO. I mean, also, Final Fantasy...how many people expected that it would get not one, but TWO, MMORPGs!? (well, based on what I know of FFXIV and FFXIV: Realm Reborn, they are practically different games? Making it three MMORPGS? But one's a flop that's being shutdown forever soon, while the 3rd one isn't here yet??)

Also, as someone else said, a whole new region is PROBABLY the route (intentional, yes) they'd take if they went with a Pokémon MMORPG. I still have such a huuuuge problem with MMOs, the whole "pay to play" and/or "pay to win" model doesn't sit well with me, that and the inevitable server shutdown that MMOs (and non-next gen games, lololol) suffer from. I've always, always, always been behind with technology, and most trends as a matter of fact, so maybe I'm a little bitter? But nah, it sucks to miss out on experiences like that, you know?
Thanked by: