Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
OBJ help!
Help! I have downloaded some models, but I can't open them on Google SketchUp (nor import them) due they are OBJ's. Is there a way without downloading software (so someone doing it or using a virus-free converter) to convert it to 3DS files or atleast SketchUp files?
Thanked by:
A quick Google search gives a couple of results. See if any of those importing plugins work.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:
But I don't want to download, please read the first post again. >.> Still thanks for the help!
Thanked by:
well that's the thing, I doubt there is anything out there that lets you view models in-browser, at least decently, as that'd probably require too much processing power on the browser's part or something. that said it'd be neat if someone were to find something like that. so uh, good luck and stuffs.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
It appears that .obj files are not natively supported in SketchUp, if that's the case the only option would be to download a plugin - I understand you've got your reservations about downloading a plugin but if you research the plugin itself and ensure you've been diligent enough there should be no problem.

Take this link for example; http://sketchucation.com/forums/viewtopi...23&t=20584

That's one of the plugins on a well respected SketchUp site, as well as that there are a lot of positive member reviews which indicate the plugin itself is of high quality.

If you still don't want to download the plugin it looks like you would be, unfortunately, out of luck.
Thanked by: Garamonde, ~Axis~, puggsoy