Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
My First Fantasy Book
Hey, I've been a long time visitor to this site for years and never once did I check out the forums. Anyways I found this section and thought I could share something. My book that I wrote about a year ago, never received much comment about it so check it out.

http://www.quotev.com/story/2018138/A-Ne...n-Anteeah/
I didn't eat the cookie, it just turned invisible that's all
Thanked by:
If you'd give a quick summary, people may be more inclined to actually click the link. If you just drop a link somewhere, it's likely to be ignored. At least that's what my experience with the internets tells me.
Thanked by:
I don't know about you, Prev, but personally I click every single link I can. EVERY one. You wouldn't believe how many Chinese handbags and groupons I have, it's amazing.

Seriously though, post a brief summary. Draw people in.
Thanked by: Zadaben, Marth, Gwen
(04-17-2013, 02:26 PM)TomGuycott Wrote: I don't know about you, Prev, but personally I click every single link I can. EVERY one. You wouldn't believe how many Chinese handbags and groupons I have, it's amazing.

Seriously though, post a brief summary. Draw people in.

Alright then, it's a necromancer. His master gives him a quest that he never was able to do. He has to travel to a city in the desert, where in its grand library according to a very detailed painting a map is hidden that may lead to the greatest of all treasures.
So Fug, the necromancer, set out on his new given journey. On his way he's attacked by bandits and almost drowns trying to escape. He is rescued by a group of people and ask for his aid in retaking their village that was seized weeks earlier by an evil champion.
Thanked by:
Honestly he only thing in that description that wasn't cliche as all hell was the fact that the character is a necromancer and still that does not make me want to read this in the slightest. You need to work on your presentation skills.
Thanked by: Gwen
(04-18-2013, 10:31 PM)Song Bird Wrote: Honestly he only thing in that description that wasn't cliche as all hell was the fact that the character is a necromancer and still that does not make me want to read this in the slightest. You need to work on your presentation skills.

Yeah, probably. However that's not all that happens, if you read it good and if you don't fine. But don't go and say it's cliché until you read it, just because it sounds cliché doesn't mean everything is. I mean there's no way I'm going to explain every little detail, just read it and only after I would love to hear you complain about it.
Thanked by:
The problem is that summary you gave of your book is that it's a completely cliche story that's been drug through the dirt thousands of times before and your not really adding anything of substance, and it doesn't really make me want to read it.
[Image: b6Bqjzn.gif]
Thanked by: