Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
"Maverick Hunter" (another Megaman game) gets canceled
http://www.technobuffalo.com/2013/04/10/...an-reboot/
[video=youtube] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noUsi9Dc3...r_embedded[/video]

Yep, the FOURTH GODDAMNED TIME IN A ROW Capcom has canceled a Megaman title in a little over two years. No, Xover and MM vs. Street Fighter don't count; the former is half-assed garbage, and the latter wasn't even made by Capcom themselves.

EDIT: after examining it again, Maverick Hunter looks absolutely fucking ridiculous; it's as if the generic grittyness was an "ironic" joke; it completely robs the personality that Megaman characters had through their appearances. It sucks that another MM game got canceled, but this time we're dodging a bullet.

I still would've tried it, however.
Offending people is a necessary and healthy act... Every time you say something that's offensive to another person, you just caused a discussion. You just forced them to have to think. - Louis C.K.
Thanked by: Kakashifan
so this is our anniversary present

aww Capcom you shouldn't have

...you really shouldn't have.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by: BullockDS, Kriven, Kakashifan
Let's be happy that this shit wasn't released
who cares about megaman anyways (hint: it's not capcom)
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
um
for the record, this game was cancelled back in 2010

before Inafune even left Capcom
he -allowed- them to make this game
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by: Garamonde
I don't understand why they apparently can't develop anything good anymore without him now.
Thanked by:
(04-12-2013, 11:55 AM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: I don't understand why they apparently can't develop anything good anymore without him now.
I think it's less a case of "can't", and more "won't".
Offending people is a necessary and healthy act... Every time you say something that's offensive to another person, you just caused a discussion. You just forced them to have to think. - Louis C.K.
Thanked by:
(04-12-2013, 11:55 AM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: I don't understand why they apparently can't develop anything good anymore without him now.

I don't think you read my post correctly, because, uh

he was still there while this went on
he gave them permission to make this game

it was cancelled BEFORE he left capcom
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
I wasn't replying to you though lol
I was talking in general these days
and I meant more as in "they don't think they can" so they don't try, and if it's actually coming out well like MML or Universe or whatever they don't continue with it. I guess they feel they need him but they don't and it's like a bunch of minions running around clueless because their master is gone.
idk lol, this annoys me as much as anyone else so.
Thanked by: Kakashifan
i'm glad i never liked megaman anyway, how many kicks in the face would I have to endure
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by:
Quote:Maverick Hunter was a one time project being worked on by ex-Retro Studio members, famed for making Metroid Prime. The gritty Mega Man X reboot was being designed as a first person shooter by their newly founded Armature Studio, and it falls in line with Capcom’s recent trend of outsourcing their biggest series to Western developers.

Even though this was yet another le gritty reboot for matuer gaemers Big GrinDD it might actually have been a decent game. It would have been horribly out of place in the Megaman series, though.
Thanked by:
(04-12-2013, 01:55 PM)Gorsalami Wrote: i'm glad i never liked megaman anyway, how many kicks in the face would I have to endure
It looked like an interesting series to me, but I got turned off from the slow-moving NES games, as I tried to start with them, and it just didn't work.
(04-12-2013, 03:02 PM)Rλy Wrote:
Quote:Maverick Hunter was a one time project being worked on by ex-Retro Studio members, famed for making Metroid Prime. The gritty Mega Man X reboot was being designed as a first person shooter by their newly founded Armature Studio, and it falls in line with Capcom’s recent trend of outsourcing their biggest series to Western developers.

Even though this was yet another le gritty reboot for matuer gaemers Big GrinDD it might actually have been a decent game. It would have been horribly out of place in the Megaman series, though.
It kinda felt like Metroid to me after I saw the video. I don't think Megaman needs to have the same feel as Metroid. It just doesn't seem up its alley. By the way, what in the world is your Avatar from?
[Image: tamerkoh.gif?9][Image: DevBanner.png][Image: Youtube.gif]DLBROOKS33
Thanked by:
(04-12-2013, 04:47 PM)Koh Wrote: By the way, what in the world is your Avatar from?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5t-8hx_e...re=mh_lolz
this French cartoon I think.
Thanked by: redblueyellow
[Image: dariC.png][Image: tumblr_mlf109xOe81rmu6i5o1_250.gif][Image: b0KxM.gif]
Thanked by: Omegajak, Marth