Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Psyme from Sigma Star Saga
(04-08-2013, 03:38 PM)Davy Jones Wrote: Sigma Star Saga (Custom)
[Image: ibvP8yyrUqWgqM.png]
http://i.minus.com/i8yzIAEJgzUxS.png

Original:
http://i.minus.com/ibUPZfMTTNVCl.gif
http://i.minus.com/iy7uIaVxzEo6l.png

Already tested in RPG Maker, movement is fluid.
Any comments?

[Image: i8yzIAEJgzUxS.png]
[Image: dariC.png][Image: tumblr_mlf109xOe81rmu6i5o1_250.gif][Image: b0KxM.gif]
Well this is rather neat. There's something that strikes me as off model though, and I can't quite tell if it is just a limitation of the style change... or something's mishapen.
I'm pretty sure its something regarding her hat though.
Also that middle side view is off balance, and maybe a little top heavy looking because of it.
Psyme may not be quite THAT busty.

Regardless, just that someone would bother making this makes me smile. Go semi-obscure game chars!

[edit]Okay, next time I should look at the actual reference before critique, I think I was remembering her larger in game art splash and incorrectly at that.
Christianity is my faith not my religion. And neither should be pushed upon people.
HELP-Need as much C+C and playtesting as I can get on my SHMUP Megaman reimagining!
[Image: mx9RKdo.png]
Thanked by:
(I'm the another staff member)
(I edited your post to embed the image visibly so people don't have to click to see it)

[Image: QRodWq1.gif]

The side view seems to be leaning forward a bit, the upper body should be brought back (or the hip forward). The front leg doesn't move back far enough when walking and with the back leg being hardly visible due to the red cloth, she looks like she's moving her legs forward only during walking.
The hair outline flickers in some spots. There are some more jumpy pixels in other places. The selective outlining looks jumpy, too (the downward facing sprites hair tips, the neck, ...). I assume you downscaled some of those sprites you linked to and fixed them up?
You shoule be able to reduce the colour count a bit (those odd green pixels at the hair highlights for example) and increase the contrast to make it sharper and more readable. There's a little too much detail in some spots which sin't gopod on this scale (the flashing yellow on the side view's neck and the earrings). Try to get a more consistent outline with less 'broken' spots (the feet have several gaps in the dark outline, for example). The skin and red cloth outlines should be darker (also to match the hairs quite dark outline).
On the downwards facing spite, the right (our right) arm's black line thing animates really jumpy.
Thanked by:
Got rid of the green pixels and fixed the helmet outline, but I didn't increase the contrast because the sprite gets darker and and therefore harder to read. The major things with the front arms and the sideview leg are not fixable for me, so... yeah.

And yes, this is just downscaled and edited, everything beyond that is out of my abilities.
Thanked by:
[Image: IdaVbqv.png] [Image: o1qvhyP.gif]

This isn't perfect either but I thought I'd leave it here as a better illustration of some points. I'm not familiar with the character though and stuffs. Whatevs!
Basically there's lots of stray pixels and undefined clutters where everything melts together.
Thanked by: Garamonde, Davy Jones, Phaze
wow, this looks awesome. Only the feet (front & back) look a bit clunky, but the rest looks very sharp and colour-wise far better.
Thanked by: