Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
My *insert verb here* pixel art thread
Heres my pixel art(sorry, I'm feeling lazy today)-->[Image: running_character_sprite_by_sentinentcodex-d5yklcv.gif]
Thanked by:
Sprite sheet goodness, holy crap!!
[Image: 79e779d6abc0097f53b6661234c2b0b8-d5j5zq5.png]
Also, no stealing my work. Credit me as the creator. Bla bla legal gobbldy gook bla bla bla.
Thanked by:
[Image: GtmYeUt.png]

You shoudl work with pixels of equal size instead of having huge and tiny blocks alike. It looks really odd.

Some of the colours you used could easily be replaced by others you used to reduce the number of colours - without changing the visual appearance for the worse.

The different colour ramps you have use differently strong contrasr - purple is really strong, green less and grey has only slight contrast. They should be more equal (increase the contrast of grey, decrease the contrast of purple a little or example).
Thanked by: Phaze, ~Axis~
Small nitpick, but wouldn't the thread be "My *insert adjective here* pixel art thread"? Tongue
(04-15-2013, 01:21 PM)Mr. Explorer2006 Wrote: Sprite sheet goodness, holy crap!!
Also, no stealing my work. Credit me as the creator. Bla bla legal gobbldy gook bla bla bla.

Aren't these edited Cave Story Enemies sprites? I can tell by the way they are placed and by the background color.
I've seen those sprites before on the Cave Story forums before. Especially the flying purple one. It's very out of style if you're trying to go by style. Most of the things I was going to mentioned was already mentioned, sooooooooo let's talk about the run/walk cycle.

The arms really seem to stay mostly at the open arms pose and rarely stay near the body. They also just stay there.
Also, may I ask why his eyes are moving and changing colors? I think it would be fine if they stay at the same position.

I'm not sure, but I think he is bouncing at random. I might edit this later.
[Image: XeE6VeC.gif]
Thanked by:
(04-15-2013, 05:22 PM)The Flash Wrote:
(04-15-2013, 01:21 PM)Mr. Explorer2006 Wrote: Sprite sheet goodness, holy crap!!

Aren't these edited Cave Story Enemies sprites? I can tell by the way they are placed and by the background color.
I've seen those sprites before on the Cave Story forums before. Especially the flying purple one. It's very out of style if you're trying to go by style. Most of the things I was going to mentioned was already mentioned, sooooooooo let's talk about the run/walk cycle.

The arms really seem to stay mostly at the open arms pose and rarely stay near the body. They also just stay there.
Also, may I ask why his eyes are moving and changing colors? I think it would be fine if they stay at the same position.

I'm not sure, but I think he is bouncing at random. I might edit this later.
I can see why you think that. I wanted to try and emulate Pixel's style of sprite work. As for the eye on the little shroomy, that's my personal touch. His eye is supposed to twitch at random intervals. I created these myself.
Thanked by: