Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Doctor Grey's Sprite Thread
My things are all disorganized, but I'll do a quick list of the things I've been working on 'recently' (or rather, the last year or so.)
(I should point out for any guests viewing this, unless the work is of something officially owned by a company or someone else, it is automatically copyright to me. Especially Doctor Grey. So don't use it. As for 'official' characters, Zero/Omega/Metroids/whatever, it'd be nice if you could credit me for what I've done and/or link back here.)

Doctor Grey Improved - Eagle - Custom (Large image.)
These are actually Colour Limited to 256 colours, sans Base parts and on-sheet references. It's a little disorganized at the moment and there's a few details I want to redo. Other than that, without spoiling or revealing too much, the frames I'm working on are meant to work with a game engine, hence the colour limitations aswell. Obviously, Sonic-y styled.

[Image: 12LiquidGrey.png]
Doctor Grey - Human - Custom
This was a gift to me by someone else at one point. I've attempted some minor alterations to the outfit. Not sure how I like it at the moment, and attempted to keep it within the original pallate it was given with for the challenge. Believe it is styled after one of the Advance Castlevania games. I don't think I was ever told though.

Doctor Grey - Eagle - Custom (Large image.)
The unimproved variant. Like the above, was a gift originally. I did some heavy editing and custom parts for it. I seem to have fancied alternate costumes when I was working on this.
[Image: idle1.gif]
I also did this, while working on it. I had to upgrade operating system between then and now, so I've since forgotten the process I used to make it (programs, etc.) It's meant to be a bit of an idle stance, though it feels like it moves a bit much for an idle and not enough for anything more. Still came out rather nice, though.

Mythos Zero Sprite Sheet - Heavy Edit (Large image.)
This is older. I embarked on a project to convert every single frame of Zero from the Megaman Zero series into a design seen in a Remix CD released by Capcom. The idea was to try and keep it inside of pallate constraints so that, if required, it could be used ingame. I think that I botched the pallate at some point, and the design does feel a bit busy. Just kindof lost enthusiasm with this project after a year of solid frame conversions and spliced/edited frames, etc.
[Image: Axemation.gif]
[Image: MMXZERO.gif]
Related animations.

Megaman X1 Design Zero (in X3 pallate) - Edit (Large image.)
Similar project to the above. Wanted to add some custom frames too. I lost interest.

[Image: ZeroHealthbars-1.png]
Megaman X Styled Health Bars.
Again, similar to the above. Messing around.

[Image: MMZXmodelO.png]
Model Omega.
[Image: ModelOmega.gif]
Based on something a friend made awhile ago after expressing dis-satisfaction with the secret boss Model Omega in Megaman ZX being a simple re-use of Zero's frames.

[Image: ZeroModGen-2.png]
Zero in Modern Genesis.
More a test of skills than anything else. Never finished it.

Metroid Lifecycle. (Large image.)
... From sometime in 2010. Entire thing needs a reshade with an expanded pallate for sure. I think pretty much the oldest thing I have that's still applicable today.
Thanked by: Garamonde, Phaze
Hey, I know your name from MFZ. Nice to see you here. You've got some real talent. I hope you're still making new stuff!
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
(Before I forget, Thanks Ton. I'm trying. Life's a bit bleh right now.)

Normally I wouldn't post when I'm not actually actively working on anything (As I am not right now). I kindof need an opinion or two for something I was/have been working on for a awhile, or maybe some feedback, whatever.

It pretty much pertains to shoes/leggings on this character:
[Image: ExampleA.png] - [Image: ExampleB.png]

Alpha being just a regular sonic-y set of shoes, and Beta being something that is a bit more dynamic and mechanical. I'm unsure if the second option balances well with the existing design (IE, it adds too much white.) I'm probably fussing over nothing, but still, I would like some info.
Thanked by:
I'm not really sure which ones I'm supposed to be looking at/comparing.
Thanked by:
Sorry, I'm bloody slow lately. Should have done that to start with.

[Image: ExampleA.png] - [Image: ExampleB.png]
Trying to pick out which looks/feels better, or what to do to improve the second one.
Thanked by:
The white definitely pops out more, but because it's so bright, it pulls your attention away from the face.
The white stripes on the arms, however, really balance it out. The regular black looks too much like plain ol' Dr. Robotnik.
Thanked by:
I am going with the more detailed leggings. Just wanted to know what anyone thought.

[Image: ExampleA-1.png]
Anyway actually working on this thing on the right there at the moment. Perspectives are bloody hard. I will note while his head seems flat, it is actually already wider than the equivalent 'facing' camera perspective.

I think it came out okay ish, though.
Thanked by:
[Image: ExampleC.png]
I think that's the last of the work on the facing away perspective. Need to do the full-back perspective.
Thanked by:
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c10/Gr...pleA-2.png
[Image: ExampleA-2.png]
With a slightly adjusted head provided by someone on another forum and some more work, I've finished all perspectives.
Thanked by:
Rotations are so hard. Have you animated the full rotation yet? that'll help you spot some inconsistencies.
Thanked by:
I have not, no. I have considered doing so, but aside from some minor positioning errors when compared to each other they are 'close enough' for me, right now.
Thanked by: Ton
That's a cool character, either way. Big Grin
Corpulence makes a man reasonable, pleasant and phlegmatic. Have you noticed the nastiest of tyrants are invariably thin?
Thanked by:
while i am not familiar with the character at all, i think that the wing placement on the diagonal Northeast sprite's weird. Both wings' tips are on the same height and i think they need to be in different heights, considering that one wing is in a perspective and connected on a different place than the other.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by:
I seem to have turned into one of those guys who infrequently does semi decent sprites it seems.

[Image: ZeroZeroX1-1.png]
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c10/Gr...roX1-1.png
Megaman Zero's design of Zero in X3's pallate and styling. Rather heavy edit.
Thanked by:
it looks better than original without that exaggerated stance of him
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by: