Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Fallout 2
Woohoo!

Fallout 2 Sprite Sheets and Icons -
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/u6z52j2n1hdprys/w3PVwIfFUc

Here you will find:
-Inventory Sprite Sheet and Icon
-Skilldex Sprite Sheet and Icon
-Heads Folder containing a Sprite Sheet and an Icon for each Talking Head (can be downloaded as a zip instead of 24 individual files)
-Critters Folder containing a Sprite Sheet and an Icon for each Character (can be downloaded as a zip instead of 156 individual files)
Thanked by:
great! may I ask why you save your sheets as .GIF? let me start by saying that it is not a problem, I'm just wondering.
I'm only wondering if in the future they can all be .PNG, as that'd be preferred.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
To answer your question, the gifs were smaller in size than the pngs. This didn't make sense to me, but I didn't look into it.

Are you sure this isn't a problem? I noticed they aren't up yet.

(03-24-2013, 06:33 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: great! may I ask why you save your sheets as .GIF? let me start by saying that it is not a problem, I'm just wondering.
I'm only wondering if in the future they can all be .PNG, as that'd be preferred.
Thanked by:
well while .GIF is accepted, we prefer .PNGs. that doesn't mean you have to change these though just mentioning for the future.
the reason this hasn't been uploaded is because I'm a lazy arse and haven't downloaded the .ZIP. I guess I should do that now that you've reminded me though. I'll have it up soon.

EDIT: uploading now, I think the boxes around the items on the Inventory sheet should be made a color like magenta or something brighter and more distinguishable from the black BG.

EDIT 2: I'm not sure why there are human characters included in the Critters/Creatures folder? I'll put them there anyway but seems strange to me heh.

EDIT 3: shouldn't the humans be under NPCs though? nevermind they actually look like enemies... idk where to put these now...

EDIT 4: I'd noticed that a few of your rips have sprites that have speckles on them (namely the pools of blood on the human sheets), similar to .GIF's color limit compression... that's the main reason .PNG is preferred as there is no risk in the graphics getting compressed from the 256 color limit.
Thanked by:
I looked at a few of them and various parts really look like GIF dithering artifacts (and I know how those look yesh), most visible on shadows and the blood puddles, but the sprites look quite distored overall. Now there's the possibility that the actual game files look like that, but it can also be a result from using GIF as many programs use dithering regardless of whether it is necessary or not.
Thanked by: Garamonde
so I'm gonna hold off on uploading this for a bit then. I got the mugs and the two misc. sheets up which can be replaced if need be but for now I'll hold off.
Thanked by:
(04-22-2013, 10:51 AM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: EDIT: uploading now, I think the boxes around the items on the Inventory sheet should be made a color like magenta or something brighter and more distinguishable from the black BG.

This is how they are in the game files. I just tried to stay true to the source.

(04-22-2013, 10:51 AM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: EDIT 2: I'm not sure why there are human characters included in the Critters/Creatures folder? I'll put them there anyway but seems strange to me heh.

Again, this is how they were arranged in the game files. You can group them however you like, it doesn't matter to me.

(04-22-2013, 10:51 AM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: EDIT 4: I'd noticed that a few of your rips have sprites that have speckles on them (namely the pools of blood on the human sheets), similar to .GIF's color limit compression... that's the main reason .PNG is preferred as there is no risk in the graphics getting compressed from the 256 color limit.

I'll look into it. Can you give me an example (image file and which animation and frame). Thank you.
Thanked by:
(04-22-2013, 01:44 PM)napalm22 Wrote: I'll look into it. Can you give me an example (image file and which animation and frame). Thank you.

A random pick: Fem_Combat_Armor.gif, for example the shadows of the "Throw" frames and the puddles of blood on the "Bloodpool" ones.
(04-22-2013, 01:44 PM)napalm22 Wrote: This is how they are in the game files. I just tried to stay true to the source.

well, these don't have to be changed I guess but for future reference the boxes can definitely be changed, since it doesn't hurt the actual content. most of us do the same thing.
Thanked by:
This is how it is in the original game files.

I opened up the game files with the fallout animation tool and pulled up a frame, and it looks like that speckling is part of the original. Attached is a screenshot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ljy8dfsgl14xk15/ss.png

I'll see if I can an in-game get a screenshot...
Thanked by:
Yep, I googled some screenshots, too, and that's just how they look. It may even be incidental to achieve a gritty, dirty look fitting the game scenario.

Just needed to be sure, that's all Wink
Thanked by:
Here is an in-game screenshot in two different file formats:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/68ujm38bi8hpiph/ss2.png
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2x1amkekub2wiqf/ss2.bmp

You'll probably have to download them in order for the browser to not mess with them - I noticed Chrome is putting a glow-like blur on the "SNEAK" at the bottom left of the bmp

The dither is definitely part of the game, and was not inserted during the ripping process.
Thanked by:
alright then~
still, if it isn't too much trouble, .PNG would still be preferred for future rips. the size isn't an issue for us with images aside from .BMPs which are huge, so don't worry about that. Smile
I'll get back to uploading these things soon, then.
Thanked by:
PNGs in the future... got it, will do!
okay after almost a whole day these are up as of last night. ><
so here's the rundown:
you'll notice I changed most of the icons and names a bit, mostly to fit in with the site's organization system better... and then my OCD kicked into full gear and I ended up naming most like-characters so that they are grouped together (like the females/males, robed people, adult/baby creatures etc.) so that it looks more professional. other names like "black male" I changed (mostly to like "Male 2") just to avoid any weirdness also. not that I know the game but from what I could tell, a lot of them don't have official names anyways. if there is anything blatantly wrong with the names though I will change them. I also divided the humans and creatures since they all seemed to attack you/be attackable or whatnot so it would just be clutter to list them all as enemies.
*phew* that instantly bumps my update count to another hundred almost. Tongue
Thanked by: