Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Angel Beats! - Yuri
Thumbs Down 
I know someone is probably gonna complain about Angel Beats not being a game, but so what? I can still make sprites of characters from it.

[Image: 2n0jvjt.jpg]

Yuri Nakamura, leader of the SSS. Made in RPG Maker VX style.

Please Cry some positive feedback, every time I try posting something here I get nothing but negativity. That's why I stopped posting for quite a long time.
Thanked by:
Custom sprites should be posted in Spriting and Pixel Art for comments and criticism first, not in the submission section. Aside from that, since the character isn't from a video game or directly related media, it cannot be submitted to tSR as far as I know.

I don't know anything about RMVX style, but I think you could get away with less colours. 42 is a bit much! You can merge colours that are very similar into a single colour. Usually, two or three shades per colour should be enough (for example, only two or three greens for the bow, three shades for the hair et cetera). You can re-use some blue shades for grey areas, a grey for the eyes, you don't need an extra colour for the shadow dropped on the face by the hair but can just use the regular darker skin shade, ...
Thanked by: Phaze
Yuri's bangs aren't sideswept the way you have them; they're pretty much just even across. You've got the ribbon too high up on her head, too. It goes more along the side of her face rather than on top of her head.
[Image: sxv5uJR.gif]
Thanked by:
Previous, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angel_Beats!
she's from an anime so she could be accepted, technically. Tongue
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
(03-22-2013, 09:16 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: she's from an anime so she could be accepted, technically. Tongue

Well I just thought since

Quote:- They are ripped from a video game
- They are based on a character who appeared in official game related media.
- They are custom sprites, based on a character who was in a video game.

pretty much states that it has to have some form of connection to video games and I don't see anime being any more game related than whatever movies, books or other kind of media material you have.
Thanked by: Dazz
It's a character from RPG Maker VX (Ace).

Can you show us the original?
[Image: dariC.png][Image: tumblr_mlf109xOe81rmu6i5o1_250.gif][Image: b0KxM.gif]
Thanked by:
(03-23-2013, 03:43 AM)Previous Wrote:
(03-22-2013, 09:16 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: she's from an anime so she could be accepted, technically. Tongue

Well I just thought since

Quote:- They are ripped from a video game
- They are based on a character who appeared in official game related media.
- They are custom sprites, based on a character who was in a video game.

pretty much states that it has to have some form of connection to video games and I don't see anime being any more game related than whatever movies, books or other kind of media material you have.

Previous is right, this wouldn't be accepted. Angel Beats never had a videogame adaptation either, so it can't be submitted on that ground either...
That and it's a 12 pose RPG Maker edit which I believe may actually just be using the in-built sprite creator.
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by:
well you only posted the part about "appeared in some form of media" and that was all I remembered from the guidelines so. :I
eh well. you can still sprite these for the sake of improving. that's always encouraged.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
(03-22-2013, 05:52 AM)Previous Wrote: Custom sprites should be posted in Spriting and Pixel Art for comments and criticism first, not in the submission section. Aside from that, since the character isn't from a video game or directly related media, it cannot be submitted to tSR as far as I know.

I don't know anything about RMVX style, but I think you could get away with less colours. 42 is a bit much! You can merge colours that are very similar into a single colour. Usually, two or three shades per colour should be enough (for example, only two or three greens for the bow, three shades for the hair et cetera). You can re-use some blue shades for grey areas, a grey for the eyes, you don't need an extra colour for the shadow dropped on the face by the hair but can just use the regular darker skin shade, ...

If you look up some other RPG VX stuff, you'll see more colors than this I promise.
And I looked through the rules and couldn't find anything against posting non-game sprites.
Thanked by: