Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Zatch Bell DFF and MDL issues
I'm trying to rip the models from 2 zatch bell games and it seems none of the dff importers or viewers I find work. I know the gta script requires the file to be 3.4 so I used RWanalyzer to convert them and they still don't work. These are dff 3.7.
I've tried:
gta tools
a dff script I found on xentax
noesis
a dff viewer I found on the gta forums

As for the other game the models are in a mdl archive. looking at in in hexedit the extension reads as rldm4 so I guess I'm not getting those anytime soon.

Any help would be appreciated cause I'm really stumped on this.
something goes here right
[Image: pXh0Jh2.png]
k
Thanked by:
If you said which games, and/or which platforms they're from, that might help a bit. Looks like you've tried everything though, not sure if I can help much.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:
(03-21-2013, 02:07 PM)puggsoy Wrote: If you said which games, and/or which platforms they're from, that might help a bit. Looks like you've tried everything though, not sure if I can help much.
Ah sorry. Knew I forgot something. The games are
Zatch bell mamodo battles(Gamecube) uses DFF
Zatch bell mamodo fury(gamecube) uses MDL archives or something. some have files in them some don't.
I looked in the ps2 versions and the file type are the same though unpacking the fpks sometimes made the tool crash. I also found This but they seem to have never finished it...
k
Thanked by: puggsoy
Well you *could* try and get the Renderware SDK *somewhere* (hint: torrent) and see if it opens up in the model viewer. Then you could screenrip them. Also, mind giving some samples?
Thanked by:
(03-28-2013, 11:42 AM)Paratroopah! Wrote: Well you *could* try and get the Renderware SDK *somewhere* (hint: torrent) and see if it opens up in the model viewer. Then you could screenrip them. Also, mind giving some samples?

The one download I found for 3.7 seems to be practically dead so i'll look some more but in the meantime here's one of the character Dff's. Most have 2-6 files so I chose a 2 file one
Koko
k
Thanked by:
I got the sdk and even this wont view them. The visualization viewer said load error and the clump viewer says no clump loaded. I can't get the game engine itself to run because of a component. I installed it but it still says I don't have it so I guess its a windows 7 thing...
k
Thanked by:
Well, maybe you should try a different method. Since the game is for GameCube, you could rip the models with Ninja Ripper and import into 3DS Max. If your lucky the models will come out in T-pose.
Ninja Ripper

Alternatively, you may be able to open the PS2 .DFF files with RenderWare if you where to somehow obtain a copy of the game.
Thanked by:
(03-28-2013, 04:02 PM)Roxas358 Wrote: Well, maybe you should try a different method. Since the game is for GameCube, you could rip the models with Ninja Ripper and import into 3DS Max. If your lucky the models will come out in T-pose.
Ninja Ripper

Alternatively, you may be able to open the PS2 .DFF files with RenderWare if you where to somehow obtain a copy of the game.

I was really hoping this would work but... It doesn't. the 32bit version of dolphin rips textures only and the 64bit version just freezes without any ripping. I tried seeing if the ps2 version would work in the renderware viewers but the only difference is that it takes longer to read them and not work >:1
k
Thanked by:
Are you pressing the correct button? There's a button for ripping just Textures and a button for ripping models in .RIP format.
Thanked by:
Well the problem is with DFF files is that a company can add custom clumps to them in a way native RenderWare tools can't view them. Your best bet is either compare it to a GTA SA dff file in hex and try to figure it out.
Or hope for the best and try ninja ripper.
ALSO
To make ninja ripper work with dolphin you have to use Direct X 11 mode in both programs.
Thanked by:
(03-29-2013, 01:10 AM)Roxas358 Wrote: Are you pressing the correct button? There's a button for ripping just Textures and a button for ripping models in .RIP format.

I tried assigning different buttons to rip since with 3dripper dx I noticed dolphin will only use f11 regardless of what I have assigned but none work

(03-29-2013, 04:08 AM)thegameexplorer Wrote: Well the problem is with DFF files is that a company can add custom clumps to them in a way native RenderWare tools can't view them. Your best bet is either compare it to a GTA SA dff file in hex and try to figure it out.
Or hope for the best and try ninja ripper.
ALSO
To make ninja ripper work with dolphin you have to use Direct X 11 mode in both programs.

Oh! I see! Thanks! Now to sort through and see what I got.
k
Thanked by:
Well... It sorta worked. But only the head and hands are T-posed.
(Apologies if the image is huge, I don't know how to use the spoiler thing...)
It rips a low poly version of the posed model, the partial T pose and posed, and a mask layer I often see when using 3dripper with this game. I tried this with fury and it just rips exactly what is displayed with the usual inverted normal patches.
I'll see if there's any difference when ripping from actual battle(this was from the character viewer)
k
Thanked by:
Code:
[spoiler]
content
[/spoiler]

[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
(03-29-2013, 09:21 AM)Mighty Jetters Wrote:
Code:
[spoiler]
content
[/spoiler]

Ah I see. Thanks.

Model update: Looks like everyone's body and legs stay posed while their hands, feet and heads duplicate and T-pose. only 1 character fully T-poses
I can only assume the arms are meant to be that way since most characters have disconnected arms like that
k
Thanked by:
Disregard that last posts pic, the body was still posed.
After some more research(other renderware games, other games by the developer, other ripping methods), I didn't find much...
I compared the dff's from this game and gta SA in a hex editor and RWanalyer but the only noticeable difference was the zatch bell dff had more atomic branches.
I got one model in post-able condition mostly because he T-poses himself in game.
I considered using cheat engine to force the models in rest position but i'm not quite sure how :1
k
Thanked by: