Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
VGFacts Has Launched!
[Image: banner.png]

Today, I'm proud to announce our new partnership with DidYouKnowGaming - the soon to be number two source for all of your gaming trivia. Why are we putting down our new partner you might be asking? It's simple! We're officially launching our new sister site and soon to be number one source of video game trivia, VGFacts!

VGFacts is a new community driven website all about gaming, a subject that is clearly near and dear to us all. Specifically, we're focusing on bringing all of the best video game trivia together in one place. And that's where you come in. Head on over to http://www.vgfacts.com and check out the site. Sign up, post on the forums, check out our YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter accounts, and most importantly, submit some trivia!

So, what are you waiting for? Go check it out and let us know what you think!

See you over there,
Shane, Dazz, and Petie
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
As cool as this is, it bugs to now have /another/ forum to check regularly

but that's my problem
[Image: E3DU8rS.png]
Reference
♥ ♥ ♥ LOVE ♥ ♥ ♥
Omega ; Phant Mmkay ; Baegal ; Gorsal ; Drakocat ; Chaoxys ; TomGuyCott ; Chris2balls ; Mighty Jetters ; Blueblur97 ; NICKtendo DS ;
Kachua (Secret Santa) ; and some more that i need to locate, save and link onto here
Thanked by:
Just a heads up; we had about a billion people try to connect to the site and it decided to commit suicide.
So we're working on that now.
We could run away
When there's no Mondays

Random facts eh? I know a ton of random obscure Nintendo facts! From Computer Othello to Sheriff.

Thanked by:
Yay, we've launched! I'm so excited!
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by: Garamonde
No harm intended but I don't really seeing this as being a big scam that could do more harm than good to the VGResource or Muscle Tower while it just screams a big advertisement vehicle for DidYouKnowGaming, which takes just about all the spotlight on the site.

For the record, both VGfacts and DYKG are about gaming trivia, while in the later's case, it's done in video format that the makers of the site and their corresponding videos researched by themselves and give out to big name voice actors (Egoraptor being the most common from what I've seen); which alone has next to nothing to do with people collecting sprite rips and other resources of various games, both obscure and well-known.
Thanked by:
well I think this is fine considering I don't watch videos about game trivia. Blank
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
DYKG already has around 3 times the traffic of tSR. Shane is a good friend of mine, and once ran tSR.

It's not a scam, it's a partnership. We're entering this mutually, and all rewards are spread. It's not going to make us lose traffic.
We could run away
When there's no Mondays

In that case, it'd help to give any site not related to DYKG by every definition a little more exposure like adding the variety of very unknown games I (and many others) have contributed sheets on this site for and having links to their corresponding The Spriters/Models/Sounds/Textures Resource sections, considering right now it's more filled with the more-known mainstream titles instead of the obscure ones released many years prior. Including TSR-related updates on the VGFact's news slider is the last recommendation I have ATM.

With that said, will the link to VGfacts on TSR's front page be temporary?
Thanked by:
Superjustinbros, to clarify a bit more, while there is obviously the strongest link between DYKG and VGFacts, it isn't meant to be an advertising front by an means. It's more of an extension, really. DYKG has a very specific format with infrequent (compared to real-time) updates and focuses mainly on very popular and well-known games. VGFacts, on the other hand, is community driven, updated in real time as submissions are made, and accepts trivia from a much wider area. It was meant as a natural extension of DYKG as it would be easier to promote that way but both sites will definitely feed off of one another.

As far as tSR and the rest of the resource sites go, while you're right in saying that the content isn't similar over all, that's not entirely true either. A lot of the best trivia actually comes from within a game's files. Things like sprites, textures, sounds, and models are frequent trivia subjects and are regularly found by users submitting to these sites. We also link back here as a source when appropriate so the work doesn't go completely unrecognized.

I'm not sure if you're implying that we aren't researching our trivia but we definitely are. We require a source for all submissions and individually verify them before they appear on the site.

Finally, I actually own Muscle Tower so I truly appreciate your concern there. However, I chose to leave the site out of this announcement because it's in a rather sorry state at the moment. Once we finish the new version of tSR, Dazz and I will also be overhauling Muscle Tower and then it will get a bit more promotion as well. However, its content is almost completely unrelated so even then, I don't plan on pushing it as much, unless we get some good gaming podcasts up or something to that effect.

Oh, and as for linking back to the sites, all three get equal recognition at the top and in the footer. We don't really directly link to any of them in any sort of hard-coded fashion anywhere else on the site.

And don't get me wrong here. Like I said, I appreciate your concern and I'm not replying in anger, just trying to clarify.

Edit:
Yes, that link will be temporary. It will be replaced with a much less obnoxious side bar link in the future.

As for not having non-mainstream games, that's simply because we just launched. The magic of it being a community-driven site is that you can change that though so why not register and show us some of your work? I realize this is reading like an advertisement but I truly believe the best way to get the content you want online is to put it up yourself.

And yeah, we can edit the home page slider manually so updates from other sites can certainly be included.
Understood.
Thanked by:
I edited in some answers to your questions but as it took so long to do, I'll put them here, just in case:

Yes, that link will be temporary. It will be replaced with a much less obnoxious side bar link in the future.

As for not having non-mainstream games, that's simply because we just launched. The magic of it being a community-driven site is that you can change that though so why not register and show us some of your work? I realize this is reading like an advertisement but I truly believe the best way to get the content you want online is to put it up yourself.

And yeah, we can edit the home page slider manually so updates from other sites can certainly be included.
Thanked by: Superjustinbros, Ton
Sounds like a deal. Once I get my e-mail verified I'll definitely try to get some of the Earth's most unknown (mostly Japanese) games onto the site, even if it's just the games themselves and no trivia. Cool
Thanked by:
If you PM me the email address you used to register, I'll activate your account manually. Emails are backlogged right now while we're dealing with the very high server load.

Never mind - looks like you got the email!
Thanked by: Superjustinbros
I saw this over on Facebook, so congratz Dazz, Shane and Petie~

Just one thing though, I can't register now on the forums. Is it because of traffic or something? I click on the "I agree" button, but it just leads me back to the same page
Thanked by: