Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Star Ocean 3 sounds/voices
So I started ripping the sounds and voices using PSsound. So far I have all the invention guild voices and Fayt's battle voices(not counting spells). I'm not sure if its the program or the games over the top encryption but not only are there are hundreds of duplicates(mostly door sounds) but some of the characters(most notably Fayt) have slightly distorted voices.
Fayts Obscured Voice
Guess I'll upload what I can get after I rename and sort the files. If there's an easier way to rip the audio any tips would be nice cause well over 200k files and growing are found when scanning and most of them are just duplicates.
something goes here right
[Image: pXh0Jh2.png]
k
Thanked by:
CloneSpy is a great program that I use for dealing with duplicate files. Hopefully that might help.

http://www.clonespy.com/
Thanked by:
(03-16-2013, 09:49 PM)Nero1024 Wrote: CloneSpy is a great program that I use for dealing with duplicate files. Hopefully that might help.

http://www.clonespy.com/

This works perfectly thanks!
k
Thanked by: Nero1024
Question 
So I managed to get the whole story and I think most if not all the optional event voices, most of the playable character battle voices and 300 sound effects or so of disk 1. Should I organize the cutscene voices by character, just leave them together or are cutscenes not excepted?(I didn't see any in any of the other downloads)
k
Thanked by:
the cutscene voices are perfectly acceptable (and we have several of those on the site for other games) but only if they are not music or do not contain any music.
also it depends on how many voices each character has. if they have a lot, then they should each be in their own archive. if there aren't too many though you can have them all in one archive, with one folder per character.
for the sound effects, you can label them as "all sound effects" if you don't feel like organizing them, but make sure that the .ZIP/.RAR for it is under 30MB. if it isn't you'll have to split them until each part is under the limit.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
(03-18-2013, 11:26 AM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: the cutscene voices are perfectly acceptable (and we have several of those on the site for other games) but only if they are not music or do not contain any music.
also it depends on how many voices each character has. if they have a lot, then they should each be in their own archive. if there aren't too many though you can have them all in one archive, with one folder per character.
for the sound effects, you can label them as "all sound effects" if you don't feel like organizing them, but make sure that the .ZIP/.RAR for it is under 30MB. if it isn't you'll have to split them until each part is under the limit.

wow I just checked the cutscene folder and its over 4k files and almost 600mb(big game) so I guess I'll be separating them by character and leave the filenames so they can be easily put in order.
k
Thanked by:
yea we wouldn't make our submitters go through so much work if we didn't have to, sorry heheh.
the limit will be increased in due time, but right now, we always appreciate the cooperation and extra work~
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
Quote:wow I just checked the cutscene folder and its over 4k files and almost 600mb(big game) so I guess I'll be separating them by character and leave the filenames so they can be easily put in order.

I will try this.
Thanked by:
(07-02-2013, 01:51 AM)Brendon77 Wrote:
Quote:wow I just checked the cutscene folder and its over 4k files and almost 600mb(big game) so I guess I'll be separating them by character and leave the filenames so they can be easily put in order.

I will try this.

Good luck! I gave up after realizing the files just repeat in clumps endlessly, missing many sounds that I needed. I don't know any other method of obtaining the files since it's one of those near impossible to extract isos.
k
Thanked by: