Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
DotA 2 Sprites
[Image: Soo9AYy.gif]
Those were nice, but could you explain what each of those characters were for?
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; ....I'm not sure about the the universe."
Albert Einstein
Thanked by:
I think he's just spriting them for fun/practice, rather than using them for something.
but otherwise yea it'd be cool to know what game(s) they're from too (unless that's what you meant).
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
They're heroes from DOTA 2. I think it would be nice to see more of a face on SS but that's a personal opinion.

For reference for crits:

Hero order is Anti-Mage, Storm Spirit, and Axe.
Thanked by:
Ahahaha I like these

My only complaints are that Antimage's right arm looks like a noodle, and Storm Spirit doesn't look pudgy enough (probably since his head and legs are too far forward).

Also, formal request for Skeleton King. And Meepo.
HAVE I BEEN MISLEAD?? [Image: TeamStory.gif] THE DREAM ISN'T DEAD???

Thanked by: Medevenx
I'm gonna throw out a request for Nyx haha
Thanked by:
Well I started with Storm Spirit, then Axe, then Anti-Mage so you can see the quality kind of rise (I think?) from Storm to Anti-Mage because I had just returned to spriting.

I actually noticed the noodly arm thing too I'm just having trouble fixing it. I kind of made Storm pudgy-ier (you must be some kind of prophet because the next hero I'm doing is Pudge) but I think I need to revamp him a bit. I also changed Axe's head perspective.

[Image: ZtCkuvt.png]

Started working on this guy. My criteria for choosing which hero to sprite is based on my friends' favorite heroes to use in DotA 2.

Is Pudge's head too big? (as well as body?)

Heroes done in order:

1. Storm Spirit
2. Axe
3. Anti-Mage
4. Pudge
5. INT Radiant (?)
6. INT Radiant (?)
7. STR Dire (?)

You can guess who the last three are before I work on requests.

Requests so far:
1. Naga Siren
2. Phantom Assassin
3. Skeleton King
4. Meepo
5. Nyx Assassin
Thanked by: Rosencrantz
I'd say make the body a little bigger since it kind of engulfs his head.

[MOVery Sad please try not to quote large posts needlessly~]
Thanked by:
[Image: ZtCkuvt.png]
[Image: gQ5QMif.png]

Which is better? The body isn't really done yet, I'll always change it. Now I'm looking at which size looks better. I feel as if the larger one is too big for the other characters to measure with. I don't think Pudge is supposed to be THAT much larger than Axe anyway.
Thanked by:
(Sorry for above, mods!)

I think the lower of the 2 looks better - he's got a hunchback kind of thing going on, and that seems to reflect just how big his actual body is - it seems to be almost eating his head. To be honest I don't know how that guy can walk comfortably! I think the shading will change a lot of just how big his body is, too - so I'd say to stick with the bottom one and see how it goes.
Thanked by:
Sup Med? I saw this stuff on MG.
Thanked by:
[Image: zGfhTP9.png]

Did some work on Pudge and I'm REALLY having a hard time doing his stomach and intestines (red parts) Can anyone help with that? Smile

Also made Axe more vascular (not sure if it works) so he's got more shading going on in the body area. Smile
Thanked by: Sunlight
I think drawing a horizontal 'S' shape on the round part(Reference) would bring out the intestines alot. If you think the stomach is too empty you could try either adding more red around the stitches or maybe add some purple spots that indicate leaking blood vessels.
I would like to show you what I mean but there's something wrong with Paint at the moment for me Sad
Thanked by:
[Image: Txq33E8.png]

I'm still working on Pudge and haven't updated Anti-Mage. Being frustrated with Pudge I also started on Invoker.

Here's an alternate with sexy hair

[Image: CbMPbZY.png]

EDIT:

Update on Invoker

[Image: I2ZWa81.png]
[Image: jnPBywq.png]

One of the most complicated heroes to use (still think Meepo is harder to use) is actually VERY complicated to sprite too lol
Ha! I mentioned this thread to my roommate and that you said you were going to be spriting a Radiant INT next and he was like "I bet it's Invoker"

But seriously, that Invoker looks awesome - and I think Pudge looks fine too, I think some different colors will separate his wounds from just looking like blobs - the only other thing is that it looks like he has a shoulder strap on - if you have a way to make that stand out as a wound more (even by lowering the part of it on his shoulder since there's no skin there) it might come off more apparent.
Thanked by: Medevenx, Maxpphire