Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Where this game is free?
I know that this game it's free on Steam..
but it's free in other systems too?
Like Ps3..
Thanked by:
I think you can only get it for consoles with the Orange Box, right? Or is it on their online stores, too? Besides the console versions have never been updated and the F2P movement most likely didn't reach them, so my best bet (without checking) would be: No.
Thanked by:
Ah ok, thanks anyway Smile
Thanked by:
As far as I know only the PC, Mac, and Linux versions are free. From what I know the PS3 version was published by EA too, as opposed to Valve, and they probably didn't really like the idea of F2P.

That said I haven't had any experiences with downloaded games on consoles, only discs and cartridges, and my information sources could be outdated, so I could be completely wrong. It shouldn't be hard to test though, you can just try to download and it'll either say if you need to pay or not.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:
Uhm!
i've found this!
"Sony's partnership with Valve just got better because they strike an epic deal! Valve is set to release Team Fortress 2 sometime this summer (maybe E3 announcement?) for PlayStation Network and it will be completely free! Not only that it will include Steam integration and it is rumored that PS3 players will have access to Steamworks (community mods!!). This version of Team Fortress 2 IS NOT THE SAME as the Orange Box that was released back in 2007 by EA UK. This version is up-to-date with the PC version and will continually have updates similar to its PC counterpart. The graphics looks much, much better and will include up to 24-players action (also bot support). At the moment there is no word if PS3 users are able to play with PC users though."
Thanked by:
On the internet, such rumors are woth nothing, especially without a (credible) source ;-)
Thanked by:
(02-25-2013, 05:58 AM)Previous Wrote: On the internet, such rumors are woth nothing, especially without a (credible) source ;-)

Unfortunately, you're right ..
no TF2 on ps store.. Sad
Thanked by:
TF2 on PS store is completely possible, but don't get your hopes up because TF2 on PC is quite unique from the rest.
Thanked by:
I checked the 360 and it's 20 bucks (actual money, not points) On Demand for The Orange Box.
Doofenshmirtz: This is a little bit awkward but have you seen my escape jet keys? (Perry nods) What, you have? Well that's great! So where are they? (Perry looks away) You won't tell me? Is this because you don't speak or are you just being a jerk?
~Phineas and Ferb, "One Good Scare Ought to Do It!" (2008)
Thanked by:
It's not even worth playing TF2 on a console, tbph. Not only will you only find a -small- devoted few who still play it through the Orange Box, but you basically lose out on every important update and actual game maintenance.

A free console version with the properly shipped-out updates would be pretty cool, I won't lie. But yeah, the PC version is pretty well-optimized for even the crappiest computers (like mine), so just play that~
HAVE I BEEN MISLEAD?? [Image: TeamStory.gif] THE DREAM ISN'T DEAD???

Thanked by: puggsoy
If you grab the Orange Box on the 360 you'll need to pay for live to play online. Most players will also will be long gone or super elite sad people and you'll be missing out on the years worth of updates. If you grab the Orange Box for the PS3 you'll get a inferior game (thanks EA!) and a silent online gaming experience.

Basically, grab the PC one.
[Image: randomimage.cgi]
Thanked by: puggsoy
yes i know, but i don't think that my pc is so powerful to run this game xD
Thanked by:
Considering that it's free, it wouldn't hurt to try, would it? Just set all the game's display options to the lowest and see if that runs Tongue
Thanked by:
It's a whopping download (over 10GB iirc), so unless you have unlimited bandwidth it's probably better to check your specs. You can find the minimum and recommended requirements on the store page. If your PC isn't at least above the minimum, it's most likely a waste of internet.

Of course if bandwidth isn't an issue and you have the time, then as Previous said it can't hurt to try. It really is an awesome game, so I highly recommend giving it a shot if you can.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:
(03-03-2013, 01:56 PM)puggsoy Wrote: It's a whopping download (over 10GB iirc)

10-12GB of bad data management that Valve is currently fixing; this is projected to drop down to 5-6GB in another week, when Valve converts TF2 from a .gcf format to a streamlined .vpk pipeline. They've already done this with the TF2 Beta, so now it's just a matter of shipping out to the real game.
HAVE I BEEN MISLEAD?? [Image: TeamStory.gif] THE DREAM ISN'T DEAD???

Thanked by: