Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FUQUEST
Big Grin 
Hej, sires. Incoming great shit, literally.

FUQUEST
edit by Gors

The Myth

The "Myth"... It's a neverending source of power. The one who possesses it will know all the secrets of the Universe.
Present in every single living being, the jokes are part of our persona. A perfectly crafted joke causes nonstop laughter from everyone who hears it, and those who does it regularly are remembered forever as the greatest Mythmaker, becoming a timeless hero...
Many people attempt to reach Mythmaker status. A lot of people joke or pun regularly, without knowing about its true power. Sometimes, it causes good effects. Sometimes, bad effects.
My objective is to find people who are apt to become Mythmakers. And use their power for my own deeds.
I conducted researches with bacteriae, algae, fungi, birds, monkeys and even humans, measuring their Mythmaking power. With a lot of mathematical calculus, I have discovered that one in one million individuals are potential Mythmakers.

I end my report here.

James Adams
Mythbuster

It's yet another day in Handville, lair of 4 friends BFFs dysfunctional workmates: Flicky, the hardworking programmer with a questionable sense of humor; Gors, a nonchalant World War II remain of a bullet who developed artistic skills; Iuri, the illiterate and unstable cook of the quartet; and Vinicius, the personification of procrastination.

Since Iuri destroyed the toilet in a maniacal breakdown, everyone has been going to the neighbor, Loo, to relieve themselves. As a punishment, Flicky forced Iuri to cook beans forever...

"wft hloy shit you bullies" - Iuri

As usual, Flicky, Vinicius and Gors went to the Loo today, but something went horribly wrong.

TWO YEARS HAVE PASSED SINCE THEY LEFT...

FUQUEST is a "traditional" RPG, coded in RPG Maker. By traditional, I mean you explore, fight enemies, level up, equip badass things and all the like. Otherwise, be ready to experience the most nonsensical adventure ever, complete with child elves, stray dogs with jetpacks, mythical trees and a ton of other stuff!

Characters:

Flicky: The leader of the group. Often comes up with acidic comments about things. Can make great things if he is inspired, and his stamina is unmatched.

Gors: Your favorite green bullet is here too! Complete with his characteristic indifference about things. Usually calm, but if annoyed enough, he can become impatient and rude.

Vinicius: Delicate like a daisy and oozing class, Vinicius doesn't joke a lot, but when he does, the effects are often catasthrophic. He is a great composer, though is procrastinating most of the time.

Iuri: The oddball. Despite his intentions, he ends up destroying things due to his erratic behavior. He also cooks delicious beans.

Nickolas 'Kaedalus': Yet another friend, he is maybe the most fitting member to be the next Mythmaker. Due to this, many evil people have tried to kidnap him for researches. His catchphrase is "Sebrae".

[Image: NovaStrike.png]
Adding on what Flicky said, this is also a spiritual sequel to this project, keeping some of the characters and characteristics while keeping it fresh. The first game was finished, but it was littered with inside jokes everywhere and wouldn't be fun to any of you even if it was translated from Portuguese. With this, we're trying to revive the fun times we three had messing with RPG Maker, and to produce something others will enjoy.

Flicky doesn't have constant internet access, so he won't be posting much. Vinicius, Star and I, though, will keep updating this thread with ideas, sprites and music, so stay tuned!
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by:
Oh wow, this looks kind of cool.

Is there any music finished or is there currently just graphics? I like to look at mock ups and hear music, gives off the feel in the game, y'know?
[Image: 582217063e.png][Image: RWDCRik.png]

Thanked by:
Gors made some music, but I'll wait for him to post them, since I don't know which ones are ready... Meanwhile, I'll start composing my own. We are probably gonna have lots of genres and styles in the soundtrack. Also, we'll be going for a SNES sound.

I'll also work on the translation, and do my best to translate some of our Portuguese jokes into English! (Though that's a really tough work...)
[Image: shrine.gif]
Thanked by: Shade, Sengir, Kami
[Image: 8ZLZtxr.png]

Items!

Doublepost to showcase more stuff of the beta:

Hey guys, what's up!

We've been working on this kinda secretly (we want to make sure the programming doesn't crash as bad as in the test file...) and I can say we're doing a great progress! We're producing another beta file to test additional items and behavior in order to start the actual programming so it'll take a little longer to come up with a stable public beta. Still, I bring you music!

http://vocaroo.com/i/s14VxazfCqyI - Field Theme

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0en7vQfjN4d - Apartment

http://vocaroo.com/i/s16HzcCgOYOe - Underground Jungle

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0bPpMD3x09B - Hippo

As said before, those songs were composed with SNES in mind and the whole soundtrack will have this style. I am ripping samples from SNES games in order to maintain that nostalgic feel. If you know Nintendo games with good music, suggest me so I can rip its samples Smile
Thanked by: BullockDS, Shade, viniciuskps
(03-24-2013, 09:16 PM)Gorsalad Wrote: http://vocaroo.com/i/s14VxazfCqyI - Field Theme

That field theme sounds VERY familiar.
Thanked by:
(03-25-2013, 02:29 PM)Phaze Wrote:
(03-24-2013, 09:16 PM)Gorsalad Wrote: http://vocaroo.com/i/s14VxazfCqyI - Field Theme

That field theme sounds VERY familiar.
A little bit influence from Final Fantasy & Touhou, but it's not really familiar for me in general.
[Image: dariC.png][Image: tumblr_mlf109xOe81rmu6i5o1_250.gif][Image: b0KxM.gif]
Thanked by:
Quote:Final Fantasy & Touhou

both games I never played or listened to
Thanked by:
We are proud to announce that this game will use the brand new Surreal Engine 4!

[Image: qD5CyJj.png]
[Image: shrine.gif]
Thanked by: Gors
(03-25-2013, 04:53 PM)Davy Jones Wrote: A little bit influence from Final Fantasy & Touhou, but it's not really familiar for me in general.

It sounds reminiscent of fragmented memories of a song I heard on Youtube once. All I remember is the 'video', which had a purple-tinted and cartoony image of a girl holding a headset with her right hand.
Thanked by:
LOL PHAZE

(03-28-2013, 05:35 AM)Gorsalad Wrote: LOL PHAZE

http://youtube.com/watch?v=21KWX42U4q0

SMALL WORLD, HUH? Nerd
Thanked by:

Gameplay video.