Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[Kirbyfan42] Mr. Shine WIP
It's been awhile...

I understand that it's a big clusterf-, but nonetheless it gets the message across.
C+C would be helpful. I'm having trouble making the face while preserving the feel of the whole thing. However, tips and pointers on anything are welcome; I have much work to do on the shading as well.
[Image: mrshine_zps0372fd9e.png]

Thanks.

I wonder how much of a banana he'd be if I added black tips... =P
Mew2King Wrote:they should make a cereal called jiggly puffs
Working on fixing the lower part of the crescent. I don't know if I should use the black inside the boundaries...
[Image: file.php?id=6288]

This was also suggested to me on MG.
Steven Wrote:Have you tried placing them in a similair manner as the original design of Mr. Shine;

[Image: 9d8a3b650f30ef3bf4cf4ae2206ed4da.png]

?
I'm starting to think it's not such a bad idea.
Thanked by: Ton, Bombshell93, Baegal
Wow this is really good.
I wouldn't make the face pure black. Try to make it very dark brown and then anti alias the yellow with the smile+eyes.
Thanked by:
YOUR COLOUR SELECTION IS GODLY!
I'm practically drooling!
Thanked by:
Thanks. =)
I had intended to make it a little lighter. That was just a placeholder.

and Thanks!
It took me awhile to get a palette I liked, but I'm really happy with it too.

I'm keeping the eyes on the outside, based on Steven's request. It looks moderately goofy, but I love it.
I'll edit this post and show you all (the two who will look at this =P) the result in a bit.
Thanked by:
The colors look a bit weird. I dunno, they don't look so pleasant. I made a edit of some colors. also, on the bottom right of the sprite, the colors were more dark. I fixed that as well.

[Image: KGNpi0Y.png]

There are still some problems, such as banding. A ton of banding.

EDIT: holy buns. m-my post count...
[Image: XeE6VeC.gif]
Thanked by: Bombshell93, Baegal
I'm looking at it Sad and loving it too, I just don't have anything to say. Shy
Mr. Shine is one of my favorite Kirby characters so when I saw the thread title I was enthusiastic to click it and liked what I saw. Heart

EDIT: also, the orangey yellow isn't as good (looks like cheese), the shiny yellow suits Mr. Shine better imo.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by: Bombshell93
The shininess and brightness are on purpose, but thanks for the input. I do agree that it may be a bit much, but it kinda suits him.
In other words:
Right on, Jetters! =D

[Image: mrshine2_zps73cfeb9c.png]
I think we're getting somewhere...

Going back to what Frario said, I'm still deciding if the eyes and mouth are dark enough. I may need to use a darker brown-red.

@recolornerd:
Also, I noticed the color difference. Something must have happened in using Steven's uploaded sprite as temporary copy+paste material. His was darkened in uploading...
Thanked by: Bombshell93, Garamonde
I couldn't quite put it into words so I did a quick fix to show you the bits that urked me,
[Image: Ifkx9Db.png] very minor differences but they make things a bit smoother (left is original, right is edited)
Thanked by:
(02-10-2013, 12:00 AM)Bombshell93 Wrote: I couldn't quite put it into words so I did a quick fix to show you the bits that urked me,
[Image: Ifkx9Db.png] very minor differences but they make things a bit smoother (left is original, right is edited)

I like the clean up on the mouth. Also thank for fixing my shading. I did adjust the mouth-less shading behind it when the mouth was added =P.
I'll meet you half way on the eyes. That way, they still show enough anger squint, and look nicer.
[Image: mrshine21_zps385cf87b.png]

The left corner of the mouth looks like it needs a quick fix, but I'm gonna go to bed for the night. I've done enough on this today, and MSPaint is exhausting to work in.
Thanked by: Bombshell93, Zadaben
Have you considered a couple craters to make his face look more moon-y?
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
I'be thought about it a bit, yeah.
I'm going to try it out, but I fear it may look to busy, or distracting. They may also take away from the definition of the face.
There aren't loads of room to work with, and I'm still debating whether or not to add his limbs, which would take up more room. I'd add them after I do/don't add limbs.
Thanked by: Ton, Baegal
I'd say add the limbs but not the craters, craters would destroy the form and theres no sign of craters on the original, so I'd consider it part of the design that it be such a clean curve.
Thanked by: Garamonde, Baegal, Kirbyfan
Well I know they're not on the original, but if he's going for a more detailed approach, it's an idea.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by: Kirbyfan
TBH the craters would clutter it up even more (considering he's got the 3/4 perspective going on).
Also, I think the moon should be at least 2 or 3 pixels thinner. The way you have the perspective is very odd considering the way you have his face--I'd shift everything to the right, which will make the dark part thinner, but make the eyes more visible.
like this:[Image: sLvUqSj.png] (the right one).
[Image: OH4K4jX.gif] [Image: R7WBBzo.gif] [Image: TsJpssj.gif]
-----------------------[Love]-----------------------